Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I hate polymorfs

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 06, 2011
in pvp I got paired up with a lvl 5 ice twice the first thing he did was cast a polymorf I dont know how he got it cause I know that you cant get a polymorf at lvl 5 I think you should not be able to use polymorfs in pvp

keelan myth blade
lvl 26 8)

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
brickhead12 wrote:
in pvp I got paired up with a lvl 5 ice twice the first thing he did was cast a polymorf I dont know how he got it cause I know that you cant get a polymorf at lvl 5 I think you should not be able to use polymorfs in pvp

keelan myth blade
lvl 26 8)

I'm going to guess he got it from a pet or gear?

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
brickhead12 wrote:

keelan myth blade
lvl 26 8)

this is very old ya know

they fixed the polymorph cards to no pvp a long time ago

however there is one for level 12 up from some crown plants that is pvp usable and doesnt say no pvp

Defender
May 01, 2011
Polymorphs are peoples way of seeing what spells their enemies have when they battled them before. Maybe that level 5 wizard traded treasure cards with somebody and got a polymorph.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2010
the funny thing with polymorphs and pvp is that you loose all your resist and damage

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
brickhead12 wrote:

keelan myth blade
lvl 26 8)

Polymorphs make your opponents in pvp lose

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
You do realize that if you won that battle you wouldn't make this post. You should have a better strategy and not blame it on a noob with some treasure cards.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I battled a level 5 today with a burglar cat polymorph.

It wouldn't be a big deal, but somehow he had 2500 health to go along with it. I looked at all his gear, he shouldn't have had anywhere near that much. I smell an exploit.

Defender
Jul 06, 2011
mezzoflage wrote:

It wouldn't be a big deal, but somehow he had 2500 health to go along with it. I looked at all his gear, he shouldn't have had anywhere near that much. I smell an exploit.

seriously?????????????? that was the same guy i fought!!!!!!!!
I fought him like 10 times with that polymorf. he was a level 5 ice with a cat burglelur polymorf right? If so, we fought the same guy.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
mezzoflage wrote:

Polymorphs change your stats and health until you polymorph back to wizard form.

Defender
Jan 20, 2010
grvy123 wrote:
brickhead12 wrote:

keelan myth blade
lvl 26 8)

this is very old ya know

however there is one for level 12 up from some crown plants that is pvp usable and doesnt say no pvp

Actualy they only took some polymorph cards out of PvP, and made all polymorph cards no trade/ no auction to try and keep them out of the hands of low level PvP players. The problem is that the Cat Bandit polymorph card can be crafted by an Adept level crafer, and if he's making the card on the low level character he can bypass the no trade/auction roadblock.

What this guy most likely did is move all the materials needed to get to Adept to a low level alt from his main character, had a friend port him around the spiral to complete the crafting quests, then picked up the recipe for the card (it's sold in The Floating Land in Celestia).

Survivor
Jun 13, 2010
brickhead12 wrote:

keelan myth blade
lvl 26 8)
One thing, you can get polymorphs at any level from silver and wooden chests and also battles

Defender
Mar 11, 2010
Squire
Jan 21, 2010
Lol I recently fought a level 60 wizard, with three thousand life, who used the mander polymorph. He lost a thousand life because the mander only has 2,000. I beat him easily because he polymorphed.

Survivor
Jul 10, 2010
There is a selection of polymorph treasure cards ( pvp usuable if i remember correctly ) on a little computer in the middle of the map!

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
grvy123 wrote:
brickhead12 wrote:

keelan myth blade
lvl 26 8)

this is very old ya know

Actually a low level can port to celestia and get an ice colossus polymorph drop with over 2000 health? KI I thought you fixed this issue? Did this one slip through the cracks?

Explorer
Jan 07, 2010
JinZah wrote:
grvy123 wrote:
brickhead12 wrote:

keelan myth blade
lvl 26 8)

this is very old ya know

Actualy they only took some polymorph cards out of PvP, and made all polymorph cards no trade/ no auction to try and keep them out of the hands of low level PvP players. The problem is that the Cat Bandit polymorph card can be crafted by an Adept level crafer, and if he's making the card on the low level character he can bypass the no trade/auction roadblock.

What this guy most likely did is move all the materials needed to get to Adept to a low level alt from his main character, had a friend port him around the spiral to complete the crafting quests, then picked up the recipe for the card (it's sold in The Floating Land in Celestia).

I dont think any crafting spells from cl are adept level, I think you have to have finished the ds crafting and be grandmaster, but I am not sure

Defender
Jan 20, 2010
travisAk wrote:

Actually a low level can port to celestia and get an ice colossus polymorph drop with over 2000 health? KI I thought you fixed this issue? Did this one slip through the cracks?

By some chance did you lose to a level 13 life mage wearing dark blue & purple? If so then you might want to go ahead and tell the good people the rest of the story.

EvilDroid wrote:

I dont think any crafting spells from cl are adept level, I think you have to have finished the ds crafting and be grandmaster, but I am not sure

Cat Bandit, only requires adept level crafting. I know because i have it on my PvP character, and he hasn't even finished Krok yet (Though the ninja pig, and treant polymorphs do require higher levels of crafting),

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
zemlet wrote:
the funny thing with polymorphs and pvp is that you loose all your resist and damage
But you gain new resist and damage and health, you know once this guy in PvP used the strategy of turning into a gobbler whenever I had a major hit coming at him so his gobbler took the damage and then when he turned back to normal he healed and attacked. Eventually I managed to defeat him but it was a nice strategy.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
JinZah wrote:

By some chance did you lose to a level 13 life mage wearing dark blue & purple? If so then you might want to go ahead and tell the good people the rest of the story
nope I lost to an ice colossus with triple my health. Just saying the issue of polymorphs in low level pvp has been brought up before and I thought it had been dealt with, apparently not... Might as well pack my side full of insane bolts and polymorphs, if you can beat them transform I guess.

Defender
Jan 20, 2010
travisAk wrote:
JinZah wrote:

By some chance did you lose to a level 13 life mage wearing dark blue & purple? If so then you might want to go ahead and tell the good people the rest of the story
nope I lost to an ice colossus with triple my health. Just saying the issue of polymorphs in low level pvp has been brought up before and I thought it had been dealt with, apparently not... Might as well pack my side full of insane bolts and polymorphs, if you can beat them transform I guess.

Yeah, well i ask because i had just beat someone earlier that day with an Ice Colossus polymorph, after they had used a double TC bladed Ice Angel (also a TC) on me (the 80% ice resist saved me form icy death), anyway, after the match i ran into him, and he was ranting about me using a polymorph at low level, and finished up by saying he was going to come to the forums to complain. The thing that got me thinking you and he might be the same, is that i mentioned that i farm for my polymorphs in Celestia, which you mentioned, and that he misquoted the base health of Ice Colossus as 2000 instead of 3000, same as you did.

As for low level polymorphs, it has been dealt with, they are no trade, no auction, the places that sell them have a level cap. That leaves low level players the options of gardening drops (Ninja Pig, and Tree polymorphs only), crafting (only some cards creatable, and materials cost about 15,000 gold per card), or farming silver chests. With the last option drop rates are extremely low, i can farm from midnight to 5 am. and usually get 2 polymorph cards, and of those cards, you have the chance of getting the fire polymorphs that are not usable in PvP, or something like a Mander, or Gobbler. All told, you can get 3 or 4 useful polymorphs a week this way, so if you are going to try filling your side, expect to put in long hours to do so.

So yeah, IK dealt with low level polymorphs, not by banning them, but by making them so hard to get that, it's nearly a full time job to get them, so that only the most dedicated players would be willing to do so.

Explorer
Mar 19, 2010
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
You do realize that if you won that battle you wouldn't make this post. You should have a better strategy and not blame it on a noob with some treasure cards.

That has got to be potentially the worst reply to a post ever. You're telling me if i was a level one and was matched with a level 70 i shouldn't come here and complain unless i won the duel. Real smart, i know your a main contributor here so you see the need to post a lot but maybe you should think about what you're actually posting.

Champion
Jun 16, 2009