Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

death blade and death trap should be lowered!

AuthorMessage
Delver
Oct 05, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:
Skeletal Dragon does less then 100 damage lower then Leviathan, so I understand why you're complaining.

Exactly why triage is here, to counter DoT spells.

Survivor
Oct 16, 2011
Death does the worst damage out of all schools so it only makes sense that its traps and blades are the most powerful and storm is too powerful and they complain about it and that is why I dont friend storm people unless i know them

Survivor
Oct 16, 2011
death gear really sucks except for the hangman outfit and someone PLEASE tel me how to get it

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
Like with what everyone else says; Death shouldn't be nerfed in any way! (Nerf for those who don't know means to weaken.)

I'm a Death wizard, it's been my main for a loooong time. As a summary if you're still questioning; death is weaker than all other classes, and needs swords + shields to dish out damage.

Defender
Jul 18, 2011
hanable33 wrote:
saadkhan123 wrote:
Randomperson16 wrote:
I do not believe they should be lowered! Plus Ice also had a 40% Blade(Yay they get to be lowered too! :P.), i think you forgot to put that out. Ice also has 1000 times more health then us ALWAYS, have you even had a look at those Waverunners in the grotto? I dont even have the time to Feint, Death Trap, Death Blade, Spirtual Trap, Spirtual Blade, or Curse. Because thats 6 rounds and they already Ice Bladed me, Ice Trapped me, And Critcaled me 6 times with Icezilla and i am DEAD GONE.

P.s i am level 50 and i only have around 20%-28% death damage :x

Maybe its the other way around....

Ice trap and Ice blade should be lowered. cause with your amazing health you can survie in long battles, and in that long battle you will defeat us with 12 frost giants

Plus i use my Scarecrow rarely. I used my Wraith more. so:

I take enemy one by one, even through i know im always gonna die with these tough Waverunners,

No..... we dont have that much high damage. I see Katiziens Monster is a little.... Um... 820 and half health to you... Um... What about Sirens 50- accuracy reduce threat and take 2 charms on all? What about Myths strong Basilk with a really good DoT and stun??? Look at mammoth. STRONGER then Gnomes! 800-900 damage and a STUN. Wow. Speeccchless.

By the time you reach level 58 you have 4,000 health! what do we have.... Oh yeah.... 2,800-3,600 health?

I doubt any level 70 Necromancer has 4,352 health like my level 70 Ice friend..

P.S.S This was not supposed to hurt any Ice out there. Simply stating my opinon. Sorry if offence was taken.

Alura Mythshade level 50 Necromancer
Calamity Orgeblossom level 35 Theurgist
Cheryl Trollcaster level 41 Pyromancer
well death gets 70% damage at lvl 58 now thats soooooooooooooooo over-rated they can kill an ice in like 6 rounds!!!! you need to have your blades and traps lowered to 35% and trap to 25% frankenstein has the lowest damage points but with a blade and a gargantuan it can do hmmm OVER THAN 2500! health is not always how its cracked up to be sometimes i want more damage but ice gets lets see.....28% DAMAGE AT LVL 58!!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WEAK! also with your damage at lvl 58 you will heal a lot with wraith and scarecrow.this is why death is so over-rated
get YOUR facts right when cl came out no necromancer could ever beat a competant ice. ice was NEVER meant to do big damage. it outlasts their opponents. death needs that 70% damage because lets see. when cl came out half the spells were weak because we couldnt use gargantuan on them. now we can use gargantuan but it only does about 63% or its value. compare shall we. wraith+ gargantuan= 650 drain damage. colossus+ gargantuan 625-705. same damage basicly now look at ices gear. it can have an avarage of 37 resist with no pet death gets 28 resist with no pet. ices health around 4000 deaths health around 3200. if death didnt have a 70% boost it would be the most nerfed school ever. first they take away the full affect of sun spells and if they take our attack boost that makes us just barely strong enough to be equal to some schools. if they did change deaths blades ect. i would rather not think of what would happen.
hmm well you need to learn YOUR darn freaking facts as well!!! ice doesnt evan do big damage thats why they have a 40% blade if they have a 25% blade then that wouldnt be right make an ice and see for yourself they are the hardest to train since they cant do a single battle alone in cl thats bad enough but if you take there blade power away then ice will not make it good.

Defender
Jul 18, 2011
ringowolf11 wrote:
Death does the worst damage out of all schools so it only makes sense that its traps and blades are the most powerful and storm is too powerful and they complain about it and that is why I dont friend storm people unless i know them
WRONG!!!! your so wrong ICE does the most wekaest damage death has 70% damage then with a 40 blade 110% damage then a critical with wraith about 3000-4000 damage
if it boost and feint.

Historian
May 01, 2010
saadkhan123 wrote:
ringowolf11 wrote:
WRONG!!!! your so wrong ICE does the most wekaest damage death has 70% damage then with a 40 blade 110% damage then a critical with wraith about 3000-4000 damage
if it boost and feint.

You dont get critical until 50, there highest spell when they DO get feint, is skeletal pirate, no AoE's, no critical, and they are expected to kill i would say 3000 health mobs (I have been in ms at around level 30, no new spell yet). Ice has to do the same thing. There attacks are barely different, ice does a bit worse damage, that barely means he is "WRONG!!!! your so wrong".

saadkhan123 wrote:
hmm well you need to learn YOUR darn freaking facts as well!!! ice doesnt evan do big damage thats why they have a 40% blade if they have a 25% blade then that wouldnt be right make an ice and see for yourself they are the hardest to train since they cant do a single battle alone in cl thats bad enough but if you take there blade power away then ice will not make it good.

First things first, calm down (if you are, you sure dont sound like it). Ice doesnt do big damage, neither does death, ice barely is above/ below deaths attacks. Also, I have seen an ice SOLO the Trial of the Spheres, (youtube) so how is that "they cant do a single battle alone in cl"? Remember, ice is a tank, a team player, capable of taking hits for others of the team, it takes a lot of buildup for them to attack hard, meaning, they werent supposed to attack a huge amount. Death however, is based on self sufficiency, and is meant to bring out a decent hit. You cant, and shouldnt, go comparing different schools to each other, especially while thinking one is overpowered, and the other is underpowered.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
TheDarkestMask wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
Skeletal Dragon does less then 100 damage lower then Leviathan, so I understand why you're complaining.

Exactly why triage is here, to counter DoT spells.

I never said I agree with saadkhan123. I said I understand why he's complaining, because he thinks that Skeletal Dragon is overpowered. I know that Death should stay the same as it is right now.

Defender
Jul 18, 2011
slammer111 wrote:
saadkhan123 wrote:
ringowolf11 wrote:
if it boost and feint.

You dont get critical until 50, there highest spell when they DO get feint, is skeletal pirate, no AoE's, no critical, and they are expected to kill i would say 3000 health mobs (I have been in ms at around level 30, no new spell yet). Ice has to do the same thing. There attacks are barely different, ice does a bit worse damage, that barely means he is "WRONG!!!! your so wrong".

saadkhan123 wrote:

First things first, calm down (if you are, you sure dont sound like it). Ice doesnt do big damage, neither does death, ice barely is above/ below deaths attacks. Also, I have seen an ice SOLO the Trial of the Spheres, (youtube) so how is that "they cant do a single battle alone in cl"? Remember, ice is a tank, a team player, capable of taking hits for others of the team, it takes a lot of buildup for them to attack hard, meaning, they werent supposed to attack a huge amount. Death however, is based on self sufficiency, and is meant to bring out a decent hit. You cant, and shouldnt, go comparing different schools to each other, especially while thinking one is overpowered, and the other is underpowered.
NO!! i meant grandmaster ice cant do a single battle alone in cl which is true since i seen them and i needed help when i was a grand ice also evan on fire bosses!!! a legendary-transcended can do those hard dungeons alone since after all they suffered weak damage and not so good resist as grandmasters until lvl 58.

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
saadkhan123 wrote:
Randomperson16 wrote:
I do not believe they should be lowered! Plus Ice also had a 40% Blade(Yay they get to be lowered too! :P.), i think you forgot to put that out. Ice also has 1000 times more health then us ALWAYS, have you even had a look at those Waverunners in the grotto? I dont even have the time to Feint, Death Trap, Death Blade, Spirtual Trap, Spirtual Blade, or Curse. Because thats 6 rounds and they already Ice Bladed me, Ice Trapped me, And Critcaled me 6 times with Icezilla and i am DEAD GONE.

Ice trap and Ice blade should be lowered. cause with your amazing health you can survie in long battles, and in that long battle you will defeat us with 12 frost giants

I take enemy one by one, even through i know im always gonna die with these tough Waverunners,

No..... we dont have that much high damage. I see Katiziens Monster is a little.... Um... 820 and half health to you... Um... What about Sirens 50- accuracy reduce threat and take 2 charms on all? What about Myths strong Basilk with a really good DoT and stun??? Look at mammoth. STRONGER then Gnomes! 800-900 damage and a STUN. Wow. Speeccchless.

By the time you reach level 58 you have 4,000 health! what do we have.... Oh yeah.... 2,800-3,600 health?

P.S.S This was not supposed to hurt any Ice out there. Simply stating my opinon. Sorry if offence was taken.

ice trap and blade will never be lowered! they have 34% damage when they reach lvl 60! they only have about 700 more health than death balance and life. your an ice hater!

-_- No. Your a Death hater, Please explain to me how i am a Ice hater, WHO ARE YOU TO tell me i am a ice hater, when YOU, yes YOU! are the person making posts that Death Blade and Death Trap should be lowered?(By the way, i HAVE a Ice)

Did you have a bad experience with Death or something?
Did you even try Death? Or run around Unicorn Way for 10 minutes and go into the Arena and get killed.

Stop telling people to get their facts right, and get famaliar with Death.
Have some research on Death, and get YOUR dang fact rights.

Oh and also, i am going to give you some links to ice is overpowered, just like i gave you some links on "Storm resist is too high!" <- - - - (Everybody go search and check out his complaint again!) about Balance.

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/32665.ftl#180329

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/40413.ftl#226531

You also have NO right to correct people (Even Necromancers) on "Ice is overpowered!" When your "correcting" people defending their School on this Topic.

And Ice is supposed to be low damage and EXTREME health, Maybe Ice isn't right for you. Ya want offence? go to Storm or Fire. Ya want healing? go to life. Simple as that.

You just offenced a Necromancer. Congraulations on your "Victory" (:

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
No school is overpowered in any way.

You just have to learn the best way to set up your deck for each school and to use the gear to the best advantage.

By the way, I know Ice wizards that have soloed CL. No, I don't have Ice, but I do know they are one of the hardest to defeat.

I'm sorry, but in my opinion, I think this subject needs to be closed. The discussion is starting to get out of hand.

Defender
Jul 18, 2011
Randomperson16 wrote:
saadkhan123 wrote:
Randomperson16 wrote:

ice trap and blade will never be lowered! they have 34% damage when they reach lvl 60! they only have about 700 more health than death balance and life. your an ice hater!

-_- No. Your a Death hater, Please explain to me how i am a Ice hater, WHO ARE YOU TO tell me i am a ice hater, when YOU, yes YOU! are the person making posts that Death Blade and Death Trap should be lowered?(By the way, i HAVE a Ice)

Did you have a bad experience with Death or something?
Did you even try Death? Or run around Unicorn Way for 10 minutes and go into the Arena and get killed.

Stop telling people to get their facts right, and get famaliar with Death.
Have some research on Death, and get YOUR dang fact rights.

Oh and also, i am going to give you some links to ice is overpowered, just like i gave you some links on "Storm resist is too high!" <- - - - (Everybody go search and check out his complaint again!) about Balance.

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/32665.ftl#180329

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/40413.ftl#226531

You also have NO right to correct people (Even Necromancers) on "Ice is overpowered!" When your "correcting" people defending their School on this Topic.

And Ice is supposed to be low damage and EXTREME health, Maybe Ice isn't right for you. Ya want offence? go to Storm or Fire. Ya want healing? go to life. Simple as that.

You just offenced a Necromancer. Congraulations on your "Victory" (:

why you trying to ruin ice if you have one?

Defender
May 05, 2010
If you want that, how will we get our offense good? Deal with it, if you don't want our offense, shield, dispel! Turn the table upside down!

Wolf D. Level 70 Necromancer

Hero
May 02, 2009
Ice is meant to be a more defensive school, and the reason why death gets a 40% deathblade and a 30% death trap (not to mention curse which is a 20% universal trap) is because death's spells are weak to begin with. The reason why is because they focus more on life-steals, which damages the enemy and heals them for half of the damage done (i.e. if you did 200 damage with ghoul, you would get 100 health back), not to mention that life-steals aka drains can go through absorbs (i.e. spirit armor, ice armor, frozen armor, etc.), which makes life-steals very useful.

You said you briefly tried death and hated it, well I would suggest you try playing death again and taking them through a few worlds (not just wcc) and even looking at guides about death. You also said that allot of enemies are death, well that's what prisms are for, they convert the damage to life which does more damage because death enemies are weak to life damage and vice versa.

I'm sorry you had a bad time with it, but you don't need to go around bashing a particular school, spell, etc. just simply because you had a bad time with it.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
Survivor
Nov 13, 2011
watsupdog111 wrote:
may i ask why is this in the dorms?

Just wait eventually he'll realize all of his points get disproved and he'll possibly get discouraged. I hope. Anyway it seems that the nice necromancer above me has made the points better then me. Sandkhan you're obviously biased with ice. You favor it and seek to Nerf everything BUT ice. Learn some strategy go on Central or learn some self-control before going all around saying how everything is unfair when there are 19,999,999 People Contempt with the game. You're the bad apple or the one that is not contempt due to personal biases please think before you post since I've seen you go repeadetly flame others with comments such as

Why do you hate ice you ice hater little boy!

and such.

Nobody is out to ruin your school. If anything I favor myself balance. Do you see me running around trying to ruin every other school nerfing all other schools and blades and trying to make Judgment do 500 Damage per pip? No I act reasonably like the people that have previously disproved your points and learn how to make my school more efficient to my liking. Is that legal? Perfectly legal if anything Kings-isle wants you to make the schools more efficient so you can further enjoy the game and not wallow in your inexperience on how your school is so underpowered when it is equal with all others.

If you even think of trying to say I'm an Ice Hater well then fine. That's your opinion but I believe all schools are equal and you shouldn't try and upset that balance. Or else balance is going to get rid of you =).

~~

"Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door!”
Quoth the Raven “Nevermore.”

"When finally all men believe that it is their duty to blindly follow their leader in a state of war. Then that is not a free state."

Nathan LotusFist Level 22 Sorcerer