Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

death blade and death trap should be lowered!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 18, 2011
srsly death does not have any damaging problems like ice does so why do they have a 40 blade and a 30 trap? so unfair.they have 70% damage when they reach lvl 58! while ice gets 28%! i think its unfair for death to have so much damage and a powerful blade and trap.if death keeps there 40 blade and 30 trap then i think storm blade should be 35% since they have high damage too and then ice should get a 45 blade and a 35 trap and the other schools should have there blades higher too and traps cause its only fair.

Defender
May 01, 2011
We death wizards have a little bit weak spells. Wraith only does 500 damage and scarecrow does 400. While other schools get higher damage we death wizards must survive that's why are blade is 40% and trap 30% and we have drain spells. At Grandmaster level 50 death wizards should be at least getting 1000 damage. We also have to wait till Legendary or Trancended to get critical a lot.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
hurricansofdeath10... wrote:
We death wizards have a little bit weak spells. Wraith only does 500 damage and scarecrow does 400. While other schools get higher damage we death wizards must survive that's why are blade is 40% and trap 30% and we have drain spells. At Grandmaster level 50 death wizards should be at least getting 1000 damage. We also have to wait till Legendary or Trancended to get critical a lot.
lets compare spells shall we. ice gets a 40% blade to and a 30% trap. because death and ice have weaker base damage. not to mention for drain spells gargantuan and colossal are halfed.

Survivor
Jul 10, 2010
I dont think death should be lowered the new level 68 spell only does about 1000 damage and feint is all we have to catch up to schools like fire and storm :?

Survivor
Apr 29, 2010
NO! If Ice wants +70% to their spells then get the amulet or have death secondary. Without our blades and traps death would be terribly weak. Make a death wizard and find out for yourself.

Mycin DarkHeart
Transcended Necromancer

Defender
Jul 18, 2011
jjraz7 wrote:
NO! If Ice wants +70% to their spells then get the amulet or have death secondary. Without our blades and traps death would be terribly weak. Make a death wizard and find out for yourself.

Mycin DarkHeart
Transcended Necromancer
i made a death wizard before i deleted him i hated it many bosses are death and they ARE over rated think of your 70% damage! on your stats it wouldnt hurt if KI made it a 35% blade 5% difference thats not so much lowered death is over rated if you ask me .

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Death is not the strongest school, so they have to have blades and traps like that.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Skeletal Dragon does less then 100 damage lower then Leviathan, so I understand why you're complaining.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
saadkhan123 wrote:
srsly death does not have any damaging problems like ice does so why do they have a 40 blade and a 30 trap? so unfair.they have 70% damage when they reach lvl 58! while ice gets 28%! i think its unfair for death to have so much damage and a powerful blade and trap.if death keeps there 40 blade and 30 trap then i think storm blade should be 35% since they have high damage too and then ice should get a 45 blade and a 35 trap and the other schools should have there blades higher too and traps cause its only fair.

Seriously? Is there any school you don't have a problem with? You are comparing resist on storm and balance on one topic now you are comparing death and ice?

I think the problem is that you have not learned how to use the buffs to the best advantage your wizard can obtain. I have wizards in all schools except ice. I don't have ice because to me ice is the hardest to train, but ice is also one of the hardest to defeat. Your wizards strengths are also determined on the gear you use and how you learn to set up your deck.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
You also forgot to mention that we have the weakest spells at higher levels and our enchantments like gargantuan are halved on steal health spells plus the resist of other schools should be taken into account.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
saadkhan123 wrote:

This is not going to change. All schools, when paired with their blades and traps are fairly equal. Training with the balance blades/traps also makes everyone stronger. You have to learn the nuance of each school.
Don't blame Death traps,etc., for your lack of understanding of the game.

Historian
May 01, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:
Skeletal Dragon does less then 100 damage lower then Leviathan, so I understand why you're complaining.

Bad thing to compare. Skeletal dragon is a DoT, while leviathan is a single attack, DoT's generally have more damage because their max damage is split up into 3 or 4 rounds. Lets compare death against storm in a more fair way: banshee: 245-305, while storm shark is: 375-435, so I dont see why she is complaining.

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
I do not believe they should be lowered! Plus Ice also had a 40% Blade(Yay they get to be lowered too! :-P.), i think you forgot to put that out. Ice also has 1000 times more health then us ALWAYS, have you even had a look at those Waverunners in the grotto? I dont even have the time to Feint, Death Trap, Death Blade, Spirtual Trap, Spirtual Blade, or Curse. Because thats 6 rounds and they already Ice Bladed me, Ice Trapped me, And Critcaled me 6 times with Icezilla and i am DEAD GONE.

P.s i am level 50 and i only have around 20%-28% death damage :x

Maybe its the other way around....

Ice trap and Ice blade should be lowered. cause with your amazing health you can survie in long battles, and in that long battle you will defeat us with 12 frost giants

Plus i use my Scarecrow rarely. I used my Wraith more. so:

I take enemy one by one, even through i know im always gonna die with these tough Waverunners,

No..... we dont have that much high damage. I see Katiziens Monster is a little.... Um... 820 and half health to you... Um... What about Sirens 50- accuracy reduce threat and take 2 charms on all? What about Myths strong Basilk with a really good DoT and stun??? Look at mammoth. STRONGER then Gnomes! 800-900 damage and a STUN. Wow. Speeccchless.

By the time you reach level 58 you have 4,000 health! what do we have.... Oh yeah.... 2,800-3,600 health?

I doubt any level 70 Necromancer has 4,352 health like my level 70 Ice friend..

P.S.S This was not supposed to hurt any Ice out there. Simply stating my opinon. Sorry if offence was taken.

Alura Mythshade level 50 Necromancer
Calamity Orgeblossom level 35 Theurgist
Cheryl Trollcaster level 41 Pyromancer

Defender
Jul 18, 2011
Randomperson16 wrote:
I do not believe they should be lowered! Plus Ice also had a 40% Blade(Yay they get to be lowered too! :-P.), i think you forgot to put that out. Ice also has 1000 times more health then us ALWAYS, have you even had a look at those Waverunners in the grotto? I dont even have the time to Feint, Death Trap, Death Blade, Spirtual Trap, Spirtual Blade, or Curse. Because thats 6 rounds and they already Ice Bladed me, Ice Trapped me, And Critcaled me 6 times with Icezilla and i am DEAD GONE.

Ice trap and Ice blade should be lowered. cause with your amazing health you can survie in long battles, and in that long battle you will defeat us with 12 frost giants

I take enemy one by one, even through i know im always gonna die with these tough Waverunners,

No..... we dont have that much high damage. I see Katiziens Monster is a little.... Um... 820 and half health to you... Um... What about Sirens 50- accuracy reduce threat and take 2 charms on all? What about Myths strong Basilk with a really good DoT and stun??? Look at mammoth. STRONGER then Gnomes! 800-900 damage and a STUN. Wow. Speeccchless.

By the time you reach level 58 you have 4,000 health! what do we have.... Oh yeah.... 2,800-3,600 health?

P.S.S This was not supposed to hurt any Ice out there. Simply stating my opinon. Sorry if offence was taken.

ice trap and blade will never be lowered! they have 34% damage when they reach lvl 60! they only have about 700 more health than death balance and life. your an ice hater!

Defender
Jul 18, 2011
Randomperson16 wrote:

gnomes gives 2 life dispels learn your freaking facts!

Survivor
Apr 29, 2010
saadkhan123 wrote:
jjraz7 wrote:

Mycin DarkHeart
Transcended Necromancer
i made a death wizard before i deleted him i hated it many bosses are death and they ARE over rated think of your 70% damage! on your stats it wouldnt hurt if KI made it a 35% blade 5% difference thats not so much lowered death is over rated if you ask me .
If Death blade was dropped down to 35% (I think thats the same as storm blade.) The reason why storm blade is lower is because storm is strong. Is death as strong as storm? I don't think so! If death blade is dropped then all of the other school blades would have to be dropped too. Its funny how you call someone an ice hater when your a death hater.

Survivor
Apr 29, 2010
Ok i made a mistake when i said storm blade was 35% but still, if death blade was 35% it would only be 5% more damage than storm blade. And storm is WAY stronger. Everything should just stay put everyone has been doing fine the way it is.

Mycin DarkHeart
Transcended Necromancer

Defender
Jul 18, 2011
Randomperson16 wrote:

well death gets 70% damage at lvl 58 now thats soooooooooooooooo over-rated they can kill an ice in like 6 rounds!!!! you need to have your blades and traps lowered to 35% and trap to 25% frankenstein has the lowest damage points but with a blade and a gargantuan it can do hmmm OVER THAN 2500! health is not always how its cracked up to be sometimes i want more damage but ice gets lets see.....28% DAMAGE AT LVL 58!!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WEAK! also with your damage at lvl 58 you will heal a lot with wraith and scarecrow.this is why death is so over-rated

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
there spells are weak until they reach lvl 58 then they have a true spell, anyways i think one of the Professors mentioned it.

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
well we need it our lvl 48 and up spell do considerably low damage compared to other schools scarecrow only does 400 skeletal dragon is the only exception in this ice can stun and block so there is that you have extremely high health and resist so you dont need those high blades but we do we have around as much health as fire and we might have a lot of traps and blades but most other schools have more power in the base attack

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
slammer111 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

Bad thing to compare. Skeletal dragon is a DoT, while leviathan is a single attack, DoT's generally have more damage because their max damage is split up into 3 or 4 rounds. Lets compare death against storm in a more fair way: banshee: 245-305, while storm shark is: 375-435, so I dont see why she is complaining.

Yes, but maybe he/she's having trouble with Skeletal Dragon and that's why I said that. I know that Death should stay the same.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
saadkhan123 wrote:
Randomperson16 wrote:

gnomes gives 2 life dispels learn your freaking facts!

Wow, temper tantrum there dude, cool down.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
saadkhan123 wrote:
Randomperson16 wrote:

well death gets 70% damage at lvl 58 now thats soooooooooooooooo over-rated they can kill an ice in like 6 rounds!!!! you need to have your blades and traps lowered to 35% and trap to 25% frankenstein has the lowest damage points but with a blade and a gargantuan it can do hmmm OVER THAN 2500! health is not always how its cracked up to be sometimes i want more damage but ice gets lets see.....28% DAMAGE AT LVL 58!!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WEAK! also with your damage at lvl 58 you will heal a lot with wraith and scarecrow.this is why death is so over-rated
get YOUR facts right when cl came out no necromancer could ever beat a competant ice. ice was NEVER meant to do big damage. it outlasts their opponents. death needs that 70% damage because lets see. when cl came out half the spells were weak because we couldnt use gargantuan on them. now we can use gargantuan but it only does about 63% or its value. compare shall we. wraith+ gargantuan= 650 drain damage. colossus+ gargantuan 625-705. same damage basicly now look at ices gear. it can have an avarage of 37 resist with no pet death gets 28 resist with no pet. ices health around 4000 deaths health around 3200. if death didnt have a 70% boost it would be the most nerfed school ever. first they take away the full affect of sun spells and if they take our attack boost that makes us just barely strong enough to be equal to some schools. if they did change deaths blades ect. i would rather not think of what would happen.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
saadkhan123 wrote:
Randomperson16 wrote:

if deaths are beating you that easily then you must be a terrible ice.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
I'm a Transcended Necro (Moira Stormslinger) and I take offense to all the Death bashing. Our blades and traps are that high for a reason. With Feint specifically there are a few ways for anyone to get it. Treasure, and an amulet for example. If you are hating on Death because of Feint, please drop the gold and buy it. Bazaar has the Amulet and sometimes the treasure. Oh yeah, Feint can be harvested (for those that Garden). There is also Curse, general trap for 20% that can be bought or harvested.

Our spells are fairly weak. I mean seriously. Scarecrow @ 400?? The other similar level AoEs are way stronger than that. Wraith is 500...
So how is Death supposed to heal (We are self healing after all) if we only get 250 (Without any boosts or bad guy resists..think blank slate) at a time from Wraith? We have to have the traps and blades.

Now for boosts.. Gear is so subjective. You can go for force, or critical, or health, or any of a few other routes.. My Necro is in 68 gear and is sooo weak compared to my Transcended Pyro in her 68 gear...

Overall my point is, Death needs what we have or we don't stand a chance. We're (Well at least I'm) not greedy. I only use what I have to, meaning I don't build these huge multi thousand hits unless I am one on one with a big bad boss. Usually I just Blade.. Deathblade sometimes Spirit, and I rarely use Astral anything. There are exceptions of course, but for the most part I don't use my Astral.

Just a request from a FRIENDLY Necro... Don't judge us. Friend us. We can come in handy.