Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can't see or cast spells on FLame servants.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 16, 2009
IN the chamber of fire , cannot see the Flame servants normallay and when in a duel can't see them until they start casting. Got the first quest to summon the champion done but when i went in could attack and kill the champion but not the flame servant. will try to get someone in to help in the meantime but is this a bug or did I miss something that lets me interact with them?

Administrator
Professor Greyrose posted this on the Headmaster's Tower and the Ravenwood News:

Oh my! I just got this very ominous mesage:

Beware the Elementals
Young Wizards, we elementals; Fire, Storm and Ice, have decided to play tricks on the Wizards of the Spiral.

We are disappearing from your combat circles and playing havoc with your vision but I'm sure Merle will put a stop to it very soon.

Until then, you may not see us, be know that we are there...

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Mar 16, 2009
Found that while continuing research after posting. also found that they can be attacked by clicking on the name above their heads instaed on them directly.

Thanks

Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
It seem you can target them by clicking on their name. See if that works for you.

Explorer
Feb 07, 2009
To cast a spell on these enemies, click on their name tag.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
If you click on the 'elemental's name' rather than on his/her/its body, it will work.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2009
This is happening to me too, I can kill the boss but the flame servant is untouchable, this has to be a technical glitch, I tried everything. :x

Survivor
Mar 18, 2009
Okay, never mind, someone clued me in on these guys. Anyway, to the original poster, you have to target their heads specifically.

Survivor
Feb 26, 2009
The problem was identified almost a month ago. Think it might ever get fixed? Would like to complete the chamber quest!

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
nbmiii wrote:
IN the chamber of fire , cannot see the Flame servants normallay and when in a duel can't see them until they start casting. Got the first quest to summon the champion done but when i went in could attack and kill the champion but not the flame servant. will try to get someone in to help in the meantime but is this a bug or did I miss something that lets me interact with them?

I found that clicking on their heads helps to cast the spell. Clicking on the flame as you found out does nothing.

Defender
Nov 05, 2008
Gamma wrote:
Professor Greyrose posted this on the Headmaster's Tower and the Ravenwood News:

Oh my! I just got this very ominous mesage:

Beware the Elementals
Young Wizards, we elementals; Fire, Storm and Ice, have decided to play tricks on the Wizards of the Spiral.

We are disappearing from your combat circles and playing havoc with your vision but I'm sure Merle will put a stop to it very soon.

Until then, you may not see us, be know that we are there...

also when battling the elementals bring your minion and attack all spells

Survivor
Mar 04, 2009
Thank you thank you

I have been stuck for days. I couldn't get none of my spells to work. But I know what to do now. (Click on the names to get your spells to work on Flame Guardians) Now I can move on. Its a relief. Thank you :P

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
It was funny, when I first saw this on my second character wizard which was death. I died by the time I realised you can click on it's name tag to cast a spell. As I kept passing before I figured it out. Now I know what it is not a special ability but a technical issue I will click on it's name tag from now on.

I defeated the boss the second time, of that ghost and Fire elemental. Don't know if it was chamber of fire though. It had an obsidian chest that you could not open.