Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fire & Life Mage vs. Death & Ice Mage

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 10, 2010
Okay, so I am torn between 2 Wizards and I need some insight to help me decide which one to invest in. 1st off, I like Fire because it has effective and overwhelming offensive spells (i.e: Phoenix, Power Link, Scald, etc.) and functional precautionay spells (i.e: Smokescreen, Choke, etc.). What I don't like is the Accuracy Rate and the lack of defensive spells and base health. I tried to fortify these weaknesses by using the Life school as a secondary to add Spirit Armor and healing spells. For accruacy, all I can do is hope my gear can supply it.

My second Mage is a Death Wizard, who I love as well, because I don't have to waste time trying to heal when I can be productively doing so while attacking. The spells have an epic appeal and I love the excitement that Death brings. I like it's precautionary spells (i.e: Beguile, Infection), its multiple minions (Animate) and defensive spells (i.e: Plague, Virulent Plague). What I don't like is the constant sacrificial spells that I keep receiving and the LONG process of buffing offensive spells. I accomodate this by using Ice to give a Tower Sheild. Which school do I go with??? Sorry for the long post, by the way. Thanks!