Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

75% pip chance?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
I was with this other wizard last night and noticed he had one power pip after another. In fact, through two fights I only saw him recieve one non-power pip.

I asked him how and he said his items give him 75% power pip percentage.

I looked at the stores and couldn't find anything that would add up to that.

I am a level 29 life wizard, how can I get that high of power pip percentage?

I think its from gear, but I do not know where to get.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
Note that at level 50, your base power pip chance is 40%, so it only takes another 35% from gear. Without going beyond the end of Mooshu, I've seen 9% power pip chance both on daggers and rings, so you'd only need another 17% from other gear, or less if there's better gear from Dragonspyre. The level 35 set of crown gear is 10% power pip chance by itself, and more power pip intensive gear in the same slots would give more.

Survivor
Sep 25, 2008
This is something that u should already know about but he was probley a high lvl player it goes up when you lvl up so he already had a high one then he just got a item like my normal is about 55% plus my item makes it 63%so it is mostly based on lvl.

Tyler Moonriver:diviner lvl 43

Defender
Nov 05, 2008
Blax wrote:
I was with this other wizard last night and noticed he had one power pip after another. In fact, through two fights I only saw him recieve one non-power pip.

I asked him how and he said his items give him 75% power pip percentage.

I looked at the stores and couldn't find anything that would add up to that.

I am a level 29 life wizard, how can I get that high of power pip percentage?

I think its from gear, but I do not know where to get.

it is not from any one iteam it is from using multipe iteams for me it is my staff 1% my robes 5% my hat 3% my shoes 10% my anthama 10% and then from leveling there is a better chance hope this helps

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
This pip chance may be because of his level or because he may have very rare items from a boss drop.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
Most items that give decent power pip percentage are from drops although there are some that can be bought from stores, mainly in marleybone and the higher worlds. You also get a power pip percentage according to what level you are, which is actually the main way to raise it up.

I am a level 34 fire wizard with a 50% power pip chance, 34 of which i believe comes from my level.

Defender
Aug 19, 2008
Mine come mostly from dropped items; the higher the level the more pips per item. For example one ring in Mooshu gives a 10% higher power pip chance. If you have 7 items with 5% points that alone is 35%. Check the drop items before you sell them.

Interesting though, you have to choose. Typically you can have increased health/mana or increased power point percentage....not both. So I try to keep mine just over 50%...that means that 1 of 2 pips will be a power pip. Good enough odds for me and I still can add some to my heath.

Note the best drops here are ones from bosses!

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Thanks everyone, I understand completely now.

He must have been higher level than me. It was confusing to me because I have no idea why a 40+ wizard would be in my area.

Anyways, I just got a 5% pip gear item today. :D