Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can I please have higher power pip percentage

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 11, 2010
So, I've tried three different gear combinations with my myth, including using my pet, to get my power pips above 76% while keeping my attack boost over 53% and resist over 35% but it's just not happening. In order for me to do so, I end up sacrificing the good stats on either my attack, resist or even my critical block. I definitely don't want 100% power pip percentage, I don't even want 90%. 80-85% would be the sweet spot for me because of all the odd number spells I use for my different strategies in any type of play: Minotaur, shatter, orthrus, sprite, spirit shield. They are all odd number spells. And I'm a pip pincher lol.

I really need some type of gear that helps me just push my pip percentage a little above 80% without losing my other stats. Just a little. I've gone through many fights where I still end up with 3 to 4 single pips in a row.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Well, I am not sure what wand you use, but if you are willing to spend some crowns, there is a nice wand that gives 1 power pip, +20% power pip chance and accuracy.

Now, if you are using the lifeforce blade, for critical block, you can craft the ice/myth boots, that give 72 critical block. You will lose 30 critical attack but with the crafted robe, you get some of that back. It should help you quite a bit on keeping resistance, power, and pips up high.

Just a suggestion

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
CorbinW wrote:
So, I've tried three different gear combinations with my myth, including using my pet, to get my power pips above 76% while keeping my attack boost over 53% and resist over 35% but it's just not happening. In order for me to do so, I end up sacrificing the good stats on either my attack, resist or even my critical block. I definitely don't want 100% power pip percentage, I don't even want 90%. 80-85% would be the sweet spot for me because of all the odd number spells I use for my different strategies in any type of play: Minotaur, shatter, orthrus, sprite, spirit shield. They are all odd number spells. And I'm a pip pincher lol.

I really need some type of gear that helps me just push my pip percentage a little above 80% without losing my other stats. Just a little. I've gone through many fights where I still end up with 3 to 4 single pips in a row.

you have a lot of resistance
i would suggest either exchanging about 5% resist for a LOT of power pips
either that or getting the sidhe staff

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Hmm, it looks like I have to weigh the benefits and costs of other gear options I were not aware of. I'm not sure if I'm willing to give up my waterworks robe and boots for block, or if I can use this new wand and sacrifice block. Well I do carry 3 conviction anyway. Currently the gear I have on gives me 73% power pips :x

Ok. Where do I get the ice stuff? Is that celestia?

Armiger
May 10, 2010
CorbinW wrote:
Hmm, it looks like I have to weigh the benefits and costs of other gear options I were not aware of. I'm not sure if I'm willing to give up my waterworks robe and boots for block, or if I can use this new wand and sacrifice block. Well I do carry 3 conviction anyway. Currently the gear I have on gives me 73% power pips :x

Ok. Where do I get the ice stuff? Is that celestia?

The Ice/Other School Boots are crafted boots in Zafaria.

They give 72 critical block points to all schools, with good health boost and 5 universal resistance. You will lose some attack power, but with the new wand, you will have plenty of power pip percentage and accuracy, but you will lose some critical attack points.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Wow, that certainly helps. I'm cool with losing a little attack power. My gargantuan makes up for that for now. But I might even sacrifice gargantuan for that Pierce aura spell if I can find the thing. And if I can ever get Inyanga Whitestripes to activate for me so I can train new spells! I got 2 training points I'm itching to spend on something great. Looks like I'm down to only my Waterworks robe. Wow...

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
Lol it is called balancing the game.

My death has 101% power pip chance and 100% death accuracy. I really wanted to fit more attack or health, really really wanted the health, but I am not willing to give up the power pip chance or accuracy. I am not using the wand of the sidhe because I don't want to lose the critical boost from my current wand. If I could somehow manage to keep the crit% I would change my wand dagger and ring.
Since I can't have these things I content myself with always having power pips and never missing....