Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Losing connection to game server

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
Tonight was really bad as i kept losing connection to the game server. I have a very strong internet connection as it was checked out some time ago.
I know now that when i am in the Maze game and it stops collecting snacks for me and it shuts down it has lost the game server connection.
A orange colored chain will appear on my scren and tell me I am losing Server connection. Reason I write this is because in this month alone it has really gotten bad. I have not log into game once this month at all without experiencing lost server connection.
My internet provider tells me I have a 98% strong internet connection. So I can only reach the conclusion it is on the games end. I have had to stop leveling my pets because the Games will stop on you and now I am not able to complete a fight without the game stopping on you. This is no complaint to the game or anyone. I am simply telling you the gaming experience I am having on my end. The connection to the server needs to be improved so you do not keep losing it.

Defender
Jul 27, 2011
Darkblood1 wrote:
Tonight was really bad as i kept losing connection to the game server. I have a very strong internet connection as it was checked out some time ago.
I know now that when i am in the Maze game and it stops collecting snacks for me and it shuts down it has lost the game server connection.
A orange colored chain will appear on my scren and tell me I am losing Server connection. Reason I write this is because in this month alone it has really gotten bad. I have not log into game once this month at all without experiencing lost server connection.
My internet provider tells me I have a 98% strong internet connection. So I can only reach the conclusion it is on the games end. I have had to stop leveling my pets because the Games will stop on you and now I am not able to complete a fight without the game stopping on you. This is no complaint to the game or anyone. I am simply telling you the gaming experience I am having on my end. The connection to the server needs to be improved so you do not keep losing it.

I see where this is a troublesome problem. Is it possible that the losing connection has nothing to do with your internet provider or the game? Could it be something on the computer itself, something that you aren't able to tell yourself? If you can say 100% sure that it has nothing to do with your server provider or your computer, then check you wizard101 settings. I'm not sure about this, but I believe there are settings to make the graphics have less quality so that lagging is less likely.

Seth NightFlame (Level 66 Pyromancer)

Survivor
Apr 03, 2009
Yes it is getting very annoying in the last 3es days I have got disconneçted at least 70 times if not more and this is the truth so kind plz fix because I am in live with this game. Ty

Survivor
Aug 07, 2011
I have also been experiencing this problem.
It is not, as DreamLucid suggests, an ISP issue. Nor is it a game or PC settings problem.
This problem is squarely on wizard101.
I am not necessarily your typical player. I am an adult, and a software engineer. I am quite capable of removing variables that account for issues.
The fact is that I play this game often and on several different computers. Although I can not describe them as bleeding edge, they are cutting edge or pretty darn close.
There is no difference between the computer or game configuration when I am having this difficulty and when I am not. I do not tweak the game, or my PC for running this.
Mostly my connection and execution is snappy, but on occasion, like tonight, the response time delay is very long. I have not timed the delay, so I do not want to exaggerate, but it can easily be 20-30 seconds and sometimes in the minutes range. I have sat and waited in a battle only to have several rounds go by when the server data is finally retrieved to my computer. I have lost battles due to this.
There is a distinct difference to actions, such as moving the wizard, that do not need server access and those that do. My PC is behaving properly.
I have also verified this by running other programs and checking the task manager.
When the problem occurs, it does drag my internet connection down with it and the browser suffers accordingly, but when I kill the game, the browser once again loads pages quickly and without unusual delay.
This is a wizard101 issue. Please fix.

Survivor
Apr 11, 2011
Losing connection seems not to be an issue KI is ready to address. as of late, with their free press, PR commercials and flood of gift cards to retailers; they have grown exponentially over the last year or so... wizards spinning in every realm (probably test realm also) with thousands of crown in our pockets, riding our (crown) mounts and feeding the next generation of KI corporate kiddies; the lag, booting off the system and the ever growing "freeze" must be an excusable (if not acceptable) price for KI to suffer. I, personally, love the game and hope they spend my money to improve connection - not the next gift card. For the last week, I have really enjoyed the pet games and average only 3 connection "issues" in each 1 minute pet game... NOT questing and certainly NOT really enjoying what I pay for each month. I am trying to keep this as non-offensive to the modirator (or moderators if they can spare the cost to hire more than one) so understand I am far more upset than understanding on this subject of connection. Excuse my spelling also, my PC is currently under the jurisdiction of a frozen KI connection and I do not type well on this iPad just yet :(

Survivor
Dec 10, 2011
I too have been having similar issues. Starting last night, anytime I've gone to a new area, there has been a huge delay. Also after being defeated in battle, there is sometimes a full minute before I am sent back to the commons (or whichever main area for the world). I know it isn't my internet connection, or computer, I've checked them and they are both working just fine. . . I really hope KI is aware of the issue and is working on fixing things.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
dragonpower333 wrote:
Will KI make other locations through out the US to help with the game Don't know.... but untill they do you and 10 million wizards have to share the same server

There are actually many more servers than just one. There are multiples in the United States for North America. Another server is located in the U.K. (and Germany I believe) for Europeans.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
kingurz wrote:
dragonpower333 wrote:
Will KI make other locations through out the US to help with the game Don't know.... but untill they do you and 10 million wizards have to share the same server

There are actually many more servers than just one. There are multiples in the United States for North America. Another server is located in the U.K. (and Germany I believe) for Europeans.

Correction, I assume there are more "playable" servers in North America (likely all in Texas). I know there is the additional test server and I would bet there is a back up server, but I don't know how many total playable servers there are within North America. I would have to guess there would be more than one for all those realms, but I haven't heard of any sites outside of Texas.