Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Power Up Minions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 09, 2010
When I first received my minion spell (Storm Elemental) I was happy that now I had an extra helper and I didn't have to worry about bothering people who might be busy with other things. As I progressed through levels I was using my minion less and less until finally I stopped using it altogether. The minions are too weak once you reach Mooshu onwards.

Maybe, in the next world, there should be a trainer for minions. Once you reach a certain level, you receive a quest that, once completed, raises your minion 1 rank and gives it boosted stats and maybe some better spells. Maybe there could be a few quests so your minion can level up to higher ranks.

I would really like to start using my minion again as it was really helpful in the past but not so much anymore. This would be a great solution.

Defender
Jul 18, 2011
yes i totally agree with you i wish KI would do that it will be more helpful lie for zafaria or cl :-)

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
I have a different idea all together, though I like yours.

Minions are useless in pve yes, but not in pvp. I have many accounts and I think life's, fire, and myths minions are in my opinion the best. In pvp they are amazing. Life's just will not stop healing you when you lose 10 hit points. Fire's minions uses so many attacks and dots for 2 pips you have no way to shield. Myth the whole talos argument is passes but it still works and heals in pvp.

My idea is when the next world comes out everyone gets a new updated minion with new stats. I do not mean like henchmen. I mean they are still minions to help you in the game but can use higher lvl cards and attacks with more health. I think that will help with this issue.

Blake NightWraith

Survivor
Dec 09, 2010
fx41001 wrote:

Minions are useless in pve yes, but not in pvp. I have many accounts and I think life's, fire, and myths minions are in my opinion the best. In pvp they are amazing. Life's just will not stop healing you when you lose 10 hit points. Fire's minions uses so many attacks and dots for 2 pips you have no way to shield. Myth the whole talos argument is passes but it still works and heals in pvp.

My idea is when the next world comes out everyone gets a new updated minion with new stats. I do not mean like henchmen. I mean they are still minions to help you in the game but can use higher lvl cards and attacks with more health. I think that will help with this issue.

Blake NightWraith

That would be a good idea as well. I didn't really want to suggest it as I kinda like having a Water Elemental as my minion but I could adjust to having another minion.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Talos passing? Huh? Talos barely passes. He stuns a lot and since stun has reduced accuracy compared to other myth spells, it has a higher chance to fizzle. But he barely passes. I use Talos a lot, he stuns and traps much. Rarely passes.

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
LordVK12 wrote:
fx41001 wrote:

Blake NightWraith

That would be a good idea as well. I didn't really want to suggest it as I kinda like having a Water Elemental as my minion but I could adjust to having another minion.

I mean lol its kinda one way or the other. Do you like how your minion is now weak unable to fight or do anything? or would you like a new minion that can do more to help you out in the game. I still say we should get a new minion with new heath to compete with new damages and to make the minion of purpose again. Maybe give them critical block and resist. And if you do not like the new minion in the end, you could always just use your old minion. :-)

Survivor
Dec 09, 2010
fx41001 wrote:
LordVK12 wrote:
fx41001 wrote:

Blake NightWraith

I mean lol its kinda one way or the other. Do you like how your minion is now weak unable to fight or do anything? or would you like a new minion that can do more to help you out in the game. I still say we should get a new minion with new heath to compete with new damages and to make the minion of purpose again. Maybe give them critical block and resist. And if you do not like the new minion in the end, you could always just use your old minion. :-)

It's not that I want to keep using my weak minion. I want to get a better minion but I would like it if it was also a Water Elemental. I think that they are cool although another similar minion could be good, such as a Triton