Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Frost/Ice Hound

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 23, 2011
Where can I get the Frost/Ice Hound? I'm not sure whether it's frost or ice. Anyway, I saw this pet for the first time today and was so excited to try and get it.

But I have no idea how...

Thanks for looking!

Regards,

Quinn Rubyleaf Level 51 Grandmaster Pyromancer 8)

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
They are called Ice Hound. And you can get one by hatching with one. But remember it is random if you get one or not. You just have to keep hatching till you get the egg. The egg is called Mysterious egg. If you go to your back pack and go over the pets name it will show you what card the egg gets. A frost hound gives the frost hound card.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2009
Ice Hound=Hydra+Wraith or Ice Colossus+Orthus or you can hatch with one to attempt to get one. :)

Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
call4445 wrote:
Where can I get the Frost/Ice Hound? I'm not sure whether it's frost or ice. Anyway, I saw this pet for the first time today and was so excited to try and get it.

But I have no idea how...

Thanks for looking!

Regards,

Quinn Rubyleaf Level 51 Grandmaster Pyromancer 8)

I'm pretty sure you saw a "frost hound" since those are rarer. Ice hound you can still get by hatching orthrus and colossus and gives ice hound at epic. But frost hound is different. Frost hound has 2 heads instead of 1 and gives orthrus card at baby. The frost hound was a glitch that happened for 24 hours. So that's why it would be rarer.

Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
The Frost Hound used to be from mixing a Colossus and a Orthrus.
(It is believed to come back to existance but I dont know 100%)
The Ice Hound I honestly dont know but I got one and if you ever want to hatch then just say so.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2011
Explorer
Apr 29, 2009
Ice Hound is retired. You can only get it through hatching with someone who has it. It is the single headed, black/white dog, no card. Frost Hound still can be hatched from a Orthrus and Colossus mixing. It is a double headed, black/white dog w/ a Orthrus spell card.

Explorer
Apr 29, 2009
Oops, my bad...correction. Ice Hound pet does give a 6 pip Ice Hound spell card.