Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

So, if Sirens Are Storm...

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 15, 2009
Wouldn't that make Odysseus a Diviner, being the only one to ever hear their song and survive?
If you figure out anything else like this, post it here.
Bradley EmaraldThorn
Stormchaser

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Ironic, I was reading about Odyseuss today. Yea, I guess he is a Storm. If he needs a tutor, i'm available lol. Maybe Harry Potter is a Conjurer, after all, he faced down a mighty Basilisk and survived, lol. And Eragon i'll bet is a Pyromancer, Vroengard always did remind me of Dragonspyre xD. That and he rides a dragon, so, yea :/.

Cya in the Spiral,

Paul Stormglade, Transcended Diviner

Go Sparks!

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
well a hydra should be myth so hercules must have been balance. leviathan should be myth um phoenix myth, sirens myth,everyone un original monster spwell should be myth.

Explorer
Feb 15, 2009
blaze552563 wrote:
well a hydra should be myth so hercules must have been balance. leviathan should be myth um phoenix myth, sirens myth,everyone un original monster spwell should be myth.

Lemme guess, your main Wizard is Myth?

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
I would believe thats Sirens are like kind of like myth. Because its kind of like that eposide of Spongebob. So thats makes, Katziens Frankenstien storm.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Well, if I hear the word "Frankenstein" my brain will automatically try to associate that with 'Death.'

If I hear "Sirens" my brain tries to associate that with water, ocean, mermaids. In which case I would most likely fit that to 'Storm.'

Explorer
Feb 15, 2009
codastar wrote:
I would believe thats Sirens are like kind of like myth. Because its kind of like that eposide of Spongebob. So thats makes, Katziens Frankenstien storm.

I have no clue what that last part means. But, either way, Sirens are Storm. I was asking if there are any myths (not the school, myths like Odysseus or Hercules) that can be put in a school easily. Another example would be Thor being a Thaumaturge, (or is that Life? I forget what Ice is called,) since he defeated Colossus'. (Colossuses? Collosi? What's the plural?)

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Seeing as Odyssus had his men tie him to the mast after they ran out of sheep wool to shove into their ears, I don't know if Odyssus would be a Diviner... I'm more tempted to say he'd be a Conjurer, with a weakness towards Storm spells.

And, to be honest, the vast majority of the summonings we have in the game (wherein a creature appears) are from one or another mythology. Dragons, orthrus, kraken, imps, fairies, vampires leviathan, cyclops, dryads, centaurs, helephants, zombies, hydra, medusa... And most of those mythological creatures are greek, too. Most of the rest of the spells are made up from book-inspired monsters (A Christmas Carol, Frankenstein, Lord Of The Rings, and a few more I can't name off the top of my head).

I'm tempted to say that the only "original" spell summonings would be that of the cats, the bats, the spiders, Bartleby and some of the treant variations such as palm trees...

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Well, Odyseus (I don't know how to spell it) did block the ears of his other men to get past the sirens. So are you saying that Odyseus would be a storm spell? I don't quite know yet, but maybe.

Caroline Sunbright level 70 life

Explorer
May 28, 2009
gatorjaw wrote:
codastar wrote:

I have no clue what that last part means. But, either way, Sirens are Storm. I was asking if there are any myths (not the school, myths like Odysseus or Hercules) that can be put in a school easily. Another example would be Thor being a Thaumaturge, (or is that Life? I forget what Ice is called,) since he defeated Colossus'. (Colossuses? Collosi? What's the plural?)

Thor would actually be a Diviner, due to the fact that he is the Viking god of thunder.

Defender
Apr 27, 2009
Champion
Jun 16, 2009
gatorjaw wrote:
codastar wrote:

Sorry but I am really confused

Survivor
Oct 13, 2008
blaze552563 wrote:
Well just because he killed something of that class doesnt mean he is a member of it i kill trolls and cyclopes but that doesnt make me myth. Also almost every spell would be labeled myth if the game was made that way. And all the other classes would get would be dumb blasts and other things like that

Explorer
Feb 15, 2009
matinils wrote:
gatorjaw wrote:
codastar wrote:

Thor would actually be a Diviner, due to the fact that he is the Viking god of thunder.

"Viking" God? I think you just offended some people.

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
gatorjaw wrote:
blaze552563 wrote:

Lemme guess, your main Wizard is Myth?

i hate assumptions i am fire um Blaze is my user name does that not spell obvious.
oh and well he was saying ulyssess (yes i know i think i spelled it wrong) survived them so that makes him a diviner i was going along with that thinking

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
gatorjaw wrote:
matinils wrote:
gatorjaw wrote:
codastar wrote:

Yeah, Loki.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
kingurz wrote:
gatorjaw wrote:
matinils wrote:
gatorjaw wrote:
codastar wrote:

Yeah, Loki.

How is saying "Viking God" offensive?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Rihanna12 wrote:
kingurz wrote:
gatorjaw wrote:
matinils wrote:
gatorjaw wrote:
codastar wrote:

Yeah, Loki.

How is saying "Viking God" offensive?

Because Loki is Thor's brother and jealously prevents him from acknowledging Thor as the God of Thunder, therefore I would stress the importance of not using that phrase in his presence.

Jotun and Tempus Stormfist aren't too fond of Thor's title either, but a couple of Orthrus' quiet them down pretty quick.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
Here are some Greek myth people and their schools if they had one

Cerberus-death
Maniticore-Myth
Harpy-myth or death
Perseus-Ice(best i can do to get close to Poseidon and water)
Cetus(giant fish)-Ice

More to come when i think of them