Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Avalon, The New Upcoming World

AuthorMessage
Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Morganthe has escaped to Avalon, a paradise once thought lost somewhere within the Spiral. Avalon was a paradise with all the people connected as one and celebrations constantly roamed through the areas. When Morganthe came, she destroyed the wildlife making life difficult and causing the people to betray and distrust each other. There was a distress call to Wizard City as the Guardians Of The Light from Avalon need help and you're the perfect wizard for the job. The whole world revolves around how Morganthe has used her agents to manipulate the leaders of the world, poison the waters with malice and hatred, pitied everyone against each other, and destroy much of the plant life and resources used by the Avalon people. Morganthe wants the Horn of Guidance which is was given to Avalon by the Council of Light as a key to the Hidden Tower located literally below the Great Castle of Arthur (King of Avalon who was manipulated by darkness and you must defeat him to move on to the Abandoned Mines where Morganthe's Robes of The Spider Queen). Morganthe has stolen the Horn of Guidance in order to find the Mystic Staircase in which she uses to travel underground to recover her Robes Of The Spider located within the Hidden Tower.

Explorer
Jan 03, 2010
TheDarkestMask wrote:
Morganthe has escaped to Avalon, a paradise once thought lost somewhere within the Spiral. Avalon was a paradise with all the people connected as one and celebrations constantly roamed through the areas. When Morganthe came, she destroyed the wildlife making life difficult and causing the people to betray and distrust each other. There was a distress call to Wizard City as the Guardians Of The Light from Avalon need help and you're the perfect wizard for the job. The whole world revolves around how Morganthe has used her agents to manipulate the leaders of the world, poison the waters with malice and hatred, pitied everyone against each other, and destroy much of the plant life and resources used by the Avalon people. Morganthe wants the Horn of Guidance which is was given to Avalon by the Council of Light as a key to the Hidden Tower located literally below the Great Castle of Arthur (King of Avalon who was manipulated by darkness and you must defeat him to move on to the Abandoned Mines where Morganthe's Robes of The Spider Queen). Morganthe has stolen the Horn of Guidance in order to find the Mystic Staircase in which she uses to travel underground to recover her Robes Of The Spider located within the Hidden Tower.

That's amazing. I'm 99.99% with you!
Submit that to Kingsisle.
Lydia Greyrose, can you help?

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Can anyone please reply with comments on my idea for the world?

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
J1i1k1 wrote:
TheDarkestMask wrote:

That's amazing. I'm 99.99% with you!
Submit that to Kingsisle.
Lydia Greyrose, can you help?

Thx but sadly I have no idea whether KI even makes their worlds based on ideas they get from message boards.

Survivor
Feb 09, 2009
that would be an awesome idea new pets at lvl 78. rank 12-14 monsters it would be even more of a challenge if normal monsters could cheat this world could make you think and when you assigned a quest to kill multiple monsters the quester will be given hints on how to defeat the monsters or these monster could have 4,000 health plus and dont cheat and can use the new zafarian spells and they can start with 5 power pips imagine the challenge and the bosses could have 10,000 health we need a true challenge they make the game to easy! plus they dont need so many no auction items i mean seriously you can make that much money in zafaria because of it! i'm ready for a time consuming challenge everything you said made a lot of sense if they considered this idea i'd be so happy! plus what would the lvl 78 spells be? what would the pets be? how would the clothes look? i'm thinking the clothes could look like mid eval times sorry cant spell the name liek they could look like knights clothes peasant clothes kingly robes queen like robes have lances and even a new equipment slot for shield items like put on a shield +3% resist and like 10% critical block rating and 75+ health it would be nice for a little boost!

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
I think Avalon is Merle's Home World. We will (hopefully) meet Titania and Oberon, as well as acquire a Holy Wand / Sword from Arthur's Grave. Perhaps we'll meet Goliath and the Gargoyles too!

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
Survivor
Nov 10, 2011
This is the coolest idea I've ever heard of! Although, since I'm a lowly level 26, I have no idea who and what Morganthe or Avalon is, so if someone could explain half the stuff to me I would gladly support this idea. (No spoilers please)

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Survivor
Jun 23, 2008
Johnist wrote:
I think Avalon is Merle's Home World. We will (hopefully) meet Titania and Oberon, as well as acquire a Holy Wand / Sword from Arthur's Grave. Perhaps we'll meet Goliath and the Gargoyles too!
Do you read the Grey Griffins books? Because in them Titania is the queen of the faerie realm and Oberon is the shadow king and the main villain in the first book.

Noah Fireheart level 17 Journeyman Pyromancer

Survivor
Jul 08, 2011
Have we heard anything about where Merle comes from? I mean, when we go to Wysteria, you can see an old, younger photo of him, hanging. I don't think that's where he is from, though. I honestly have no idea, lol.....But this Avalon idea is good. I've seen a few others on here, that sound interesting, as well, like the Olympia one. But--We have to go with the storyline. If they could fit both in, that would be splendid. I don't want this game to end, I really don't. If they can add new features every year to WOW (World of Warcraft), then they can try doing so for Wizard101. I mean, once the game is done, it's done. Kind of like when we all used to play games like Mario or Pac Man. You beat it, you're finished. I don't want that to happen, with this game. It's too much fun and occupies my time.

Survivor
May 14, 2009
New worlds with stronger enemies is a given, but making them overly strong would be ignorant unless the bulk of the wizards in that world were strong enough to defeat them without a huge amount of trouble. Keep in mind this game is aimed at younger children, even though it is advertised as a family game, so making the game exceptionally difficult in Avalon (if it was after Zafaria) would only make these younger players want to stop playing. That may not be the case for every young player, but KingsIsle knows what they are doing when creating new worlds and the level of difficulty contained within each.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
NoahW99 wrote:
Do you read the Grey Griffins books? Because in them Titania is the queen of the faerie realm and Oberon is the shadow king and the main villain in the first book.

Noah Fireheart level 17 Journeyman Pyromancer

Um. those characters are from A Midsummer Night's Dream...written by Shakespeare, ages before Grey Griffin adapted them.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Survivor
Mar 01, 2010
Explorer
Sep 19, 2009
I really like this idea! and i think it actually fits into the storyline because this world was mentioned and i think a horn was too. i really hope they consider it :)

Samantha Hawkrider Transcended Theurgist

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
Please tell me you have a new school idea associated with this world. I like the creativity, but add some clothing or weapons that might be associated with this world. How does the story line lead into another? Who is the final boss? Are there any unique new ideas for this world that have not been seen before?

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
Defender
Jul 12, 2009
and after you handle the whole Arthur/ Mordred situation, Morganthe could serve as Vivianne (forgive me if the names not correct, I read it last year) and cast a spell to bind Merle inside a tree forever(bartleby of course) and there is a secret dungeon inside bartleby to go and fight morganthe maybe she'll be in the middle of her spell, throw some bosses. at you, maybe a possessed almost a tree Ambrose, and finally battle her, freeing Merle! Okay now I need this in it who else loves it?

Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
A few things I don't exactly agree with in this story:
1. That Avalon is destroyed. The base concept that Avalon is destroyed is like saying that we accidentally blew up the moon; it just can't really happen because the essence of Avalon is too powerful for anyone to overcome.
2. King Arthur should not become evil because who else will fight his evil son Mordred?
3. I'm more or less sure that the Spider Robes are in Fria's (Lady of the Lake) possession and you seemed not to have mentioned her anywhere in there.
4. Bartleby is hollow on the inside... where can there be a dungeon!?

5. And finally, has anyone else noticed how this game has gone from Harry Potter to Merlin? I mean seriously, this game basically ripped off Harry Potter (did a good job at it too I might add) and now we're changing themes completely by going towards the world of Merlin.

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
Explorer
Feb 17, 2011
TheDarkestMask wrote:
avalon sounds like the dude from little big planet two and the world from little big planet two but still pretty good idea

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Survivor
Aug 14, 2009
i think that that is an amazing idea. what would the main bad guy be and how high of level do you have to be? (cody redflame level 48)

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
While I doubt KI created Avalon based on this thread, I must commend DarkestMask on anticipating the next world and similiar storyline so far in advance.