Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Resist

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
So today i was doing a bit of pvp and was wanting to get some wins in. So i lost one won one then I go against a pvp captain and i am just a little sergeant. :(I was hoping to win and when i attacked it did so little. So i lose and check his stats, he is a fire with 44% Resist to each school! I was ticked because ice wizards generally have that type of resist not fire! I just don't understand how i am supposed to win with my attacked being halved. :(

Brandon DeathThorn lvl 64 Balance

Defender
Feb 06, 2010
lightofdeath wrote:
So today i was doing a bit of pvp and was wanting to get some wins in. So i lost one won one then I go against a pvp captain and i am just a little sergeant. :(I was hoping to win and when i attacked it did so little. So i lose and check his stats, he is a fire with 44% Resist to each school! I was ticked because ice wizards generally have that type of resist not fire! I just don't understand how i am supposed to win with my attacked being halved. :(

Two words: gargantuan (or even colossal), feint.

I was doing a 1v1 against my ice friend who has about 3,600 health points and exactly 58 % universal resist (heartsteel, defy, proof). Realizing this, I used feint and all of my blades and traps (while shielding in the process), and attacked him with a Gargantuan Dr Vons Monster. It hit about 4,700, which killed him in one attack. (non critical.)

Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
lightofdeath wrote:

Its the reason why KI put shield pierce.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
lightofdeath wrote:

Hmm, 44%? Yea, not oversurprised, i'm a Storm, the weakest school in terms of defense, and I have 36% resist. If I ever get spell-defying, I would have 40%. And there are a few elements that come into play: First, fight fire with fire (no pun intended) and go on defense. Make him waste blades and pips clearing off those shields. Second, don't go for Critical chance. Damage is more important, for it cannot be rendered useless by Block. So use gear that gives stronger Damage and Resist. And finally, create a powerful PvP Pet. Spell-proof, Spell-defying, Pain-giver, and maybe your school's damage boost i.e: Life-giver. You'll have them beaten in no time

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
lightofdeath wrote:

It's no big deal fighting someone with around 40% resist. His pet had Spell Proof and Spell Defy. Anyone can get that much resist, even higher. Ice wizards can get up to 57% resist.