Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Just 1 spell every 10 levels now?

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
I'm tired of getting only 1 spell every 10 levels starting at level 48. It's really boring. I find that just that 1 spell is mostly going to be used and probably some people only use that 1 new spell. We need a whole new variety of spells for each 10 levels. Maybe give the Wysterian schools some spells. I just read a post a couple hours ago with some pretty cool ideas for each of the schools. Also, I want some more spells that we can get from the schools/classes from our teachers without giving us a quest. Every single school from level 50+ I'm sure, only uses their school spells to attack with now. Our second school spells will just keep on getting weaker and weaker when we gain only more spells for our main schools. I know that we still get the astral spells, but I really don't want to get rid of ALL of my Storm spells. They've been so helpful to me at the lower levels, but now I only use them for shields or just a spell to have when I've run out of cards. I use Reshuffle so I can still use my Balance spells and I also find that Life is getting a little out of hand from their heals.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
joujou11cool wrote:
I'm tired of getting only 1 spell every 10 levels starting at level 48. It's really boring. I find that just that 1 spell is mostly going to be used and probably some people only use that 1 new spell. We need a whole new variety of spells for each 10 levels. Maybe give the Wysterian schools some spells. I just read a post a couple hours ago with some pretty cool ideas for each of the schools. Also, I want some more spells that we can get from the schools/classes from our teachers without giving us a quest. Every single school from level 50+ I'm sure, only uses their school spells to attack with now. Our second school spells will just keep on getting weaker and weaker when we gain only more spells for our main schools. I know that we still get the astral spells, but I really don't want to get rid of ALL of my Storm spells. They've been so helpful to me at the lower levels, but now I only use them for shields or just a spell to have when I've run out of cards. I use Reshuffle so I can still use my Balance spells and I also find that Life is getting a little out of hand from their heals.

I don't agree. Mainly because that is TOO MUCH DATA that KI would have to compensate for. Also, your computer would also have to be able to handle the excess data as well.

As for the secondary spells, I rarely load them in my main deck anymore. Instead, I keep 2 or 3 decks. One for a short deck and the third for secondary spells in the event my wizard comes up against their own school in battle. The only problem with the third deck is that you need to have the Mastery Amulet for that school in order to use the Power Pips effectively.

Life is not getting out of hand with their heals. Those heals come in very handy in boss duels when running with a team. My top wizard is Legendary life and I have started a second account with my first wizard being Life. I did this purposely to be able to help the wizards on my first account when my friends are not on line. I would not want to change anything about the healing spells on my life wizards and I don't think many other players would either.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2011
actually it started before level 48 if you think about it
i think it starts at lvl 18 then 28 38 etc

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
I completely agree! More spells will help the grind thats starting to accumulate as well.

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
zerostar14 wrote:
actually it started before level 48 if you think about it
i think it starts at lvl 18 then 28 38 etc

No it doesn't.
From levels 1-20, you earn one training point every 4 levels. From levels 20-70, you earn one training point every 5 levels.
See all the info here:
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Basic:Training_Points

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
I actually don't mind getting one school spell for 10 levels. Sincerely, I find most of the enjoyment of the levels comes from getting new gear. Plus, the astral spells are getting better and better, I mean mend is a great new star school spell (+20% incoming heals) and colossal has replaced my old gargantuan. The one spell you get every 10 levels is the new most powerful spell of your school (assuming you've reached the level cap). Who doesn't want an even more powerful spell than before? I mean sure I'd be glad if they'd throw in a utility spell or two like they did in Wintertusk but sincerely I'm grateful I even get a high level spell that completely dominate in PvP and PvE.

Defender
Jan 20, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:

give them time, I don't think KI will leave us with only one school spell in the lvl 60 to 70 range for long. I'm expecting something along the lines of the Golder Bearpaw spell quests to show up in the not too distant future, possibly related to an expansion of Wysteria.

I do agree with you that the astral school spells aren't fully filling the gap of the secondary schools though, and that expanding the list of basic school spells that anyone can learn above the level 50 range is called for.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
TheDarkestMask wrote:
I actually don't mind getting one school spell for 10 levels. Sincerely, I find most of the enjoyment of the levels comes from getting new gear. Plus, the astral spells are getting better and better, I mean mend is a great new star school spell (+20% incoming heals) and colossal has replaced my old gargantuan. The one spell you get every 10 levels is the new most powerful spell of your school (assuming you've reached the level cap). Who doesn't want an even more powerful spell than before? I mean sure I'd be glad if they'd throw in a utility spell or two like they did in Wintertusk but sincerely I'm grateful I even get a high level spell that completely dominate in PvP and PvE.

You wouldn't say that if KI didn't ween us onto the low amount of spells abruptly. The game starts growing more boring the more you progress through the game. One of the reasons why this happens is unexpected, because of the lack of spells at high levels. Think back to wizard city, think how exciting it was for the new spells, think how much better the game was! Imagine if the whole game had spells every 2, with a "finale" spell that has a new pip cost. The game would become much less boring, that's for sure.

Survivor
Apr 07, 2010
goldendragon18 wrote:

I don't agree. Mainly because that is TOO MUCH DATA that KI would have to compensate for. Also, your computer would also have to be able to handle the excess data as well.

This is nonsense.

I've done some developing on my own, and know that it shouldn't be too much of a hassle just to throw in some new spells. If you're talking about the computer handling hard drive space, the equipment (from how much my client has downloaded so far) is taking up more space than monsters/cards.
If you're talking about RAM/CPU/GPU, the computer only has to handle it as it sees it.

The only problems could be:
-Ideas
-Need time to make models and animations
-Need to expand the bit length in the database (I'm sure it's a minimal impact compared to what they're already adding)