Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

kraken is too over powered

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
matinils wrote:
Wow. Just. Wow. Non of you got the point I have in mind. All schools except Storm receive a spell that hits all enemies at level 22!!!!!
So.... Storm gets a high damage spell to knock one enemy out while the other schools get spells that help kill all enemies. Well Death receives Vamp but they get a stronger spell that hits all enemies at level 48. And Life receives Seraph, but it isn't much of an attacking school and they their level 58 spell is a good hitter.
Fire= Meteor Strike
Ice= Blizzard
Storm= Kraken (Strong but single)
Balance= Sandstorm
Life= Seraph (Not an attacking school)
Death= Vamp (Drain)
Myth= Humongofrog
See my point?

You're not making sense. Storm gets several AoE spells and the only rank X AoE in the game... Tempest. With Kraken, you have enough firepower to one hit kill thereby cutting at least in half the amount of pips per round being used on you and allowing you to shield or heal until the next one hit kill. Couple this with the fact that I don't see any other post from you in the thread and you can safely color me confused.

Defender
Jul 18, 2011
matinils wrote:
Wow. Just. Wow. Non of you got the point I have in mind. All schools except Storm receive a spell that hits all enemies at level 22!!!!!
So.... Storm gets a high damage spell to knock one enemy out while the other schools get spells that help kill all enemies. Well Death receives Vamp but they get a stronger spell that hits all enemies at level 48. And Life receives Seraph, but it isn't much of an attacking school and they their level 58 spell is a good hitter.
Fire= Meteor Strike
Ice= Blizzard
Balance= Sandstorm
Death= Vamp (Drain)
Myth= Humongofrog
See my point?
ice gets blizzard it at lvl 26 not 22! ice gets ice wyvern at lvl 22!

Survivor
Oct 13, 2008
saadkhan123 wrote:
kraken is a rank 4 spell does 520-580 damage almost as much as collossus kraken should be 460-520 like the old collossus was cause for a lvl 22 to do that much damage is a little too over powered.
Exactly like people have said before me Ice isnt meant to hit hard it is meant to chip away at the enemy. And storm is meant to be the boss killer or the person yous send to kill the trash if you need it done fast

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
saadkhan123 wrote:
kraken is a rank 4 spell does 520-580 damage almost as much as collossus kraken should be 460-520 like the old collossus was cause for a lvl 22 to do that much damage is a little too over powered.

storm is supposed to do such damage, it is their way of combat. ice is kind of weak but a high level ice is basically like an immortal soul with monstrous resist and health, best for slow killing. storm doesnt have that much health or accuracy, but their damage makes up for it, which mean storm wizards usually beserk their enemies into the ground quickly or get killed themselves.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Storm does a massive amount of damage, that is true. But diviners have very low health, so they need powerful spells to take out enemies before they get killed. Ice has very high health, so they can survive in a battle while they build up pips, trap, blade, attack, and repeat a few times. Storm must build up pips, trap, blade, and attack with something that will take the enemy out!!!

Explorer
May 28, 2009
saadkhan123 wrote:
matinils wrote:
Fire= Meteor Strike
Ice= Blizzard
Balance= Sandstorm
Death= Vamp (Drain)
Myth= Humongofrog
See my point?
ice gets blizzard it at lvl 26 not 22! ice gets ice wyvern at lvl 22!

Oh excuse me... well it's still kinda the same...

Survivor
May 18, 2010
I have a lvl 60 storm and i dont think its overpowered or underpowered. Kraken is a fine spell and its very strong, thats the point of storm. my lvl 60 storm have 2160 health which in dungeons is not good because you need health if your soloing. Each school has there own ups and downs like death being good in towers and dungeons by being able to attack and heal but while having slightly less hit damage

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
matinils wrote:
Fire= Meteor Strike
Ice= Blizzard
Balance= Sandstorm
Death= Vamp (Drain)
Myth= Humongofrog
See my point?

Some of those aren't even at level 22. Sandstorm and vampire are at level 16 and blizzard is at 26. All the rest of those are correct though. They aren't all AoEs like you said, the only two AoEs are meteor strike and humungofrog so it's actually more single attacks than AoEs.

Caroline Sunbright level 70 life

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
Daviato wrote:
flarzedrago9 wrote:

Wow still have problems with ice? When you said your sick and tired of having people complain about storm I literally fell on the floor laughing. If anything storm does all the complaining. Have you ever tried making an ice its the hardest school to train. Excuse KI if they think they should make ice be able to finish realms as fast as storm or fire. You ever hear the best defense is offense? Well its true later on in the game. Its the holidays people want to go to the PvP section and read about intresting matches are great strategies, not hundreds of post saying storm needs a DoT from Davito or someone else from "The drained storm wizards' circle", then hundreds of other posts from the people who are against that. Finally those two or three posts about people actually trying to fix PvP from me or others. The Message Boards are like the Wizard101 newspaper and the popular section is the sports or PvP where people don't want to read millions of complaints from the same people, that try to pretend they care about other schools. They pretend that they actually do so it seems they aren't part of those "I only care about destroying other schools and helping mine people."

Aaron Drakewalker Transcended Pyromancer

That wasn't necessary, I have respectfully reply your comments and I have never insult you in any such matter as you have done.

You getting mad because I'm given a clear view of things. Clearly you have something against me.

I have talk about Ice, because they have giving the ability to have greatest amount health and resistance, but on top of that they can also do as much damage as a Storm wizard, which is something that is very unfair. And that's exactly why I think Ice is over-rated and not balanced.

Not only Ice but many more other schools have improve on damage, but Storm hasn't improve on health. Which is the main topic, we Storm wizards are talking about today, yes we are tired of having our spells damage change and not having any improvements.

There have been many posts "Picking On Storm" which I have defend my school. Some of those posts where saying get over from asking a Dot spell to Storm wizards. I clearly support for Storm to obtain a DoT spell, due to unfairness of shields any of our spells cannot do any damage.

Yet you don't support Storm at any rate of having a DoT spell, again is your word against my word and against thousands of many more Diviners.

Back to the subject, your comment has no specific point other than being rude and making jokes about myself.

Anymore rude comments will be reportable.

Austin Storm Transcended Diviner

You had a wiz since 09. That was when everyone complained about ice and balance. You do support your own school which is good, but you also try to trash another school while doing so. I have a storm and he does well in PvP with or without a DoT. I have nothing against you, I am against this "Storm needs a DoT" rally and how your using a child method to try and get what you want. Your not a child, but you act like one once in awhile. A child complains to their parents till they get what they want, thats what you did (KI being the parents and you the child in a metaphor) . A reason storm doesn't have a DoT is because with one your enemy can't shield and think about the spell kraken. It does up to 805 damage with colossal for only four pips. Without a shield that will hurt even with resist. Now its your word and thousands or diviners vs mine and hundred of thousands of players (some definitely being storm). You can't force someone to respect you, you have to earn it. In my point of view, not knowing you in real life I'd think your a kid, but you said your not. I'll respect you, but you have to agree to respect the following schools: ice, fire, myth, and not complain about them. You want people to respect you and your school, but you can't give the same to those schools. All your posts aren't complaints, but most of them are. I agree sometimes with your non-complaint posts and sometimes don't. Your letting a game stress you out, I don't think you play this all day. If you don't then no point complaining, if you do take a break from it. W101 is a fun hobby, but anything can become a bad thing and spiral out of control. thats what PvP is on wizard101.

Defender
Jul 18, 2011
goldendragon18 wrote:
saadkhan123 wrote:
Daviato wrote:
saadkhan123 wrote:

Here we go again, More Storm spells to change?!!!

Seriously! I'm sorry if sound rude, but I'm sick and tired of having my spells damage change every darn time someone complaints about their damage!

Make a Storm if you want their damage!

You sound like Ice wizard, once you get to lvl70 your Ice wizard will be more like immortal... Highest health of 4,400, highest resistance up to 70%, and even their spells with lots blades boosting they can do as much damage as Storm.

If Elemental Blades and Spirit Blades were remove from the game, than every school would be doing the damage they suppose to.

people people people i have a storm im lvl 43 storm and lvl 70 ice and lvl 70 balance so stop saying i dont have a storm

If you have a storm, then why are you ranting about the strength of a spell? This is the first time I have come across a post from a "Storm Wizard" saying one of their spells is overpowered. That is just your opinion. There are a lot of storm wizards that would disagree with you.

I have a lvl 43 storm wizard also. Since she does not have the crowns gear that will give her the boosts to do HIGH damage, it would be nice to see this subject dropped. My wizard works hard and still fizzes a lot, so when she gets a good hit, she jumps for joy.

I just wish people would leave Storm Wizards alone.
hmm sounds like you dont beileve i have a storm well i do! i dont have any crowns either so stop complaining about that goldendragon18! im a lvl 52 storm now i got supercharge which can be 140% and a superchrge treasure card which can be 168% which kills all the enemies in a fight and also i changed my mind about kraken being too "overpowered"

Defender
Jul 18, 2011
Daviato wrote:
flarzedrago9 wrote:

Wow still have problems with ice? When you said your sick and tired of having people complain about storm I literally fell on the floor laughing. If anything storm does all the complaining. Have you ever tried making an ice its the hardest school to train. Excuse KI if they think they should make ice be able to finish realms as fast as storm or fire. You ever hear the best defense is offense? Well its true later on in the game. Its the holidays people want to go to the PvP section and read about intresting matches are great strategies, not hundreds of post saying storm needs a DoT from Davito or someone else from "The drained storm wizards' circle", then hundreds of other posts from the people who are against that. Finally those two or three posts about people actually trying to fix PvP from me or others. The Message Boards are like the Wizard101 newspaper and the popular section is the sports or PvP where people don't want to read millions of complaints from the same people, that try to pretend they care about other schools. They pretend that they actually do so it seems they aren't part of those "I only care about destroying other schools and helping mine people."

That wasn't necessary, I have respectfully reply your comments and I have never insult you in any such matter as you have done.

You getting mad because I'm given a clear view of things. Clearly you have something against me.

I have talk about Ice, because they have giving the ability to have greatest amount health and resistance, but on top of that they can also do as much damage as a Storm wizard, which is something that is very unfair. And that's exactly why I think Ice is over-rated and not balanced.

Not only Ice but many more other schools have improve on damage, but Storm hasn't improve on health. Which is the main topic, we Storm wizards are talking about today, yes we are tired of having our spells damage change and not having any improvements.

There have been many posts "Picking On Storm" which I have defend my school. Some of those posts where saying get over from asking a Dot spell to Storm wizards. I clearly support for Storm to obtain a DoT spell, due to unfairness of shields any of our spells cannot do any damage.

Yet you don't support Storm at any rate of having a DoT spell, again is your word against my word and against thousands of many more Diviners.

Back to the subject, your comment has no specific point other than being rude and making jokes about myself.

well storm has supercharge right? well if your saying ice is "overated" then make one! storm has superchrage! it can be 140% and a treasure card one can be 168%! how overated does that sound! stop having problems with ice! the one who said ice is hardest to train is right so STOP picking on thaumaturges!

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Dark7X wrote:
no no. levathian and siren are overpowered. they only way to make them fair is if there accuracy is 50%.

Correction: Siren's is the weakest spell I've ever been hit by in PvP at level 70. And Leviathan isn't overpowered, Chimera does just as much.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
matinils wrote:
Fire= Meteor Strike
Ice= Blizzard
Balance= Sandstorm
Death= Vamp (Drain)
Myth= Humongofrog
See my point?

Storm gets Tempest at level 28. Some schools are meant for hitting 1 and other schools for hitting all. Storm takes time to get their most powerful spells and as any other school. Sandstorm and Blizzard are out of my Ice's and Balance's deck, because they're so weak. (Until I reached level 70 Sandstorm rocks!)

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Fin3cy6 wrote:
saadkhan123 wrote:

storm is supposed to do such damage, it is their way of combat. ice is kind of weak but a high level ice is basically like an immortal soul with monstrous resist and health, best for slow killing. storm doesnt have that much health or accuracy, but their damage makes up for it, which mean storm wizards usually beserk their enemies into the ground quickly or get killed themselves.

Actually, Storm wizards get up to 97% accuracy at level 60, and I'm not sure about level 70.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
I'm going to end this right here. Storm has incredible powder. It's storm.
IRL Storms can do a lot of more damage than Ice. KI base this stuff from real life. Plus like people say Ice has a lot of more health than Storm. Ice has spells like Wyrvn and ( i know i spelled this WAY wrong) Clossous. Storm is an awesome school :D . In the W101 website go to "See the Game" and click "Schools of Magic and read both Storm And Ice and compare the diffrence. My opinion Storm and Ice are Awesome. Plz dont be offended. :D

Caleb Jade level 40 Life
Caleb Firesword level 15 Fire

Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
Ok, you can lower the damage of storm spells ONLY if you increase their accuracy and storm wizard's base health!

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
saadkhan123 wrote:
Daviato wrote:
flarzedrago9 wrote:

well storm has supercharge right? well if your saying ice is "overated" then make one! storm has superchrage! it can be 140% and a treasure card one can be 168%! how overated does that sound! stop having problems with ice! the one who said ice is hardest to train is right so STOP picking on thaumaturges!

Supercharge wastes all your pips, correct? Yes, but still put colossal on kraken and you have it do 805 for only four pips! Saadkhan123 you have a point. 140% storm blade, and colossal on kraken means extremely high damage, not even with traps, or other blades. I have a storm and he doesn't always win in PvP, but he does manage to win a good amount. I don't complain and other players don't either. You constantly say its so hard to be storm or storm should have the highest attacks on every new spell. Well you can't always get what you want. You think every pyromancer was happy with rain of fire? They got used to it and learned how to make it strong. A lot of
sorcerer didn't like chimera, but got used to it and saw how useful it is. Storm can't be the best in everything. Nowadays most storm wizards think their ego is so big, because their class has really high attack and with the WW gear has very high acc and high critical, along with attack stat, but when they lose in 1v1 their school is apparently underpowered. Lack of strategy ruined PvP, not one school being overpowered. Nothing is overpowered its the wizard that makes it seem overpowered. A transcended Pyromancer can make a simple fire cat seem overpowered. Your egos are clouding your heads. Whether your offended or not, still give it thought. An old sage told me this "The truth hurts" and it fact it does. So what seems rude may honestly be the truth.

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
Seriously this spell has over 4 years and now you guys want to change it?

Ridicules this post keeps going on and on... Kraken is not overpowered.

Opposition looking to take our school from bad to worst! KI if our spell gets change for this stupidity I'll sure you, we Diviners will begin a social movement and boycott.

There are millions of Diviners out there...

Defend your Storm School.

Go Sparks!

Defender
Jul 18, 2011
Daviato wrote:

Opposition looking to take our school from bad to worst! KI if our spell gets change for this stupidity I'll sure you, we Diviners will begin a social movement and boycott.

Go Sparks!

chill! not like your a diviner in real life! your a human not a wizard in real life so stop taking this like its real! and about that millions of diviner i dont really think theres millions theres 15,000,000 people playing wizard w101 and millions would be like 7 million but i think theres more fire wizards than any other wizard since they dont have a weakness. there my be about a million diviners - kevin lvl 70 ice thaumaturge

Defender
Jul 18, 2011
ok ok ok i know 460-520 is too underpowered so i made a new one: 495-555 how about that?

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
saadkhan123 wrote:
ok ok ok i know 460-520 is too underpowered so i made a new one: 495-555 how about that?
Still no. If you don't like the spells, don't play the game.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
saadkhan123 wrote:
Daviato wrote:

Go Sparks!

chill! not like your a diviner in real life! your a human not a wizard in real life so stop taking this like its real! and about that millions of diviner i dont really think theres millions theres 15,000,000 people playing wizard w101 and millions would be like 7 million but i think theres more fire wizards than any other wizard since they dont have a weakness. there my be about a million diviners - kevin lvl 70 ice thaumaturge

Actually there is OVER 20,000,000 in the US alone. This game is also in the UK , Australia, Germany, and a few other areas with new countries being added.

As to how many Diviners there are, that depends on how many accounts or family accounts have a full class room. So, YES, there are millions of Diviners out there. Most of the players on my Friends list have 2 or more accounts and a Diviner on each account. I have a second account going now and will be adding my second Diviner soon.

You have not been playing this game very long so Please stop trying to say that one school or another has more power or needs spells changed. Learn how to use them. A lot of the spells are designed to imitate the forces of nature in REAL life.

So As Bionaknight said NO.

Defender
Jul 18, 2011
bionaknight wrote:
saadkhan123 wrote:
Still no. If you don't like the spells, don't play the game.
i am not gonna stop playing the game i wanted to lower kraken cause i was tired of mean storm people picking on collossus they are like collossus only does a freaking 500 damage!!!!! evan kraken is better than that!!!!!!!!!

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
saadkhan123 wrote:
Daviato wrote:

Go Sparks!

You were 5 million off. Wizard101 has 20 million players playing the game. Possibly even 25 million now.

Survivor
Apr 29, 2010
saadkhan123 wrote:
All you do is complain! Gosh. Idk what order they came in, but this AND the death blade thing. Wow.

Mycin DarkHeart
Transcended Necromancer