Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

kraken is too over powered

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 18, 2011
kraken is a rank 4 spell does 520-580 damage almost as much as collossus kraken should be 460-520 like the old collossus was cause for a lvl 22 to do that much damage is a little too over powered.

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
saadkhan123 wrote:
kraken is a rank 4 spell does 520-580 damage almost as much as collossus kraken should be 460-520 like the old collossus was cause for a lvl 22 to do that much damage is a little too over powered.

Here we go again, More Storm spells to change?!!!

Seriously! I'm sorry if sound rude, but I'm sick and tired of having my spells damage change every darn time someone complaints about their damage!

Make a Storm if you want their damage!

You sound like Ice wizard, once you get to lvl70 your Ice wizard will be more like immortal... Highest health of 4,400, highest resistance up to 70%, and even their spells with lots blades boosting they can do as much damage as Storm.

If Elemental Blades and Spirit Blades were remove from the game, than every school would be doing the damage they suppose to.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Hi. The reason Kraken spell does this kind of damage is because it is a Storm spell. Colosus is an ice spell. Ice is the exact opposite of storm. Ice has endurance. Strong resist and health, accurate attacks, good for slowly wearing down an enemy. Storm is low health resist and accuracy but powerful damage. They're both the same, just stronger in different areas. And if you don't like one, switch to the other.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
storms damage is always "overpowered" but they have a disadvantage, their health. my storm at lvl 42 has about 1100 health where others have over 2000. ice is not ment to do a ton of damage it is meant to last with its higher resist ( give or take pets) and health than everyone else. so at the cost of damage they can outlast their opponents. there is a drawback to every good thing you just need to find what it is and realize it.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
saadkhan123 wrote:

You must not be a storm wizard. Is this another way of saying storm is overpowered?

I sincerely hope not.

I have a Level 40 storm and I don't agree that Kraken is overpowered. Storm has to struggle for a long time to get where they can do massive amounts of damage. Most storm wizards will use all the buffs they can to do as much damage as possible.

My Legendaries (1 life/fire, 1 fire/storm) and Grand Master Balance/life have battled alongside a Storm wizard and have helped Buff them and will gladly do it again. Both Legendaries have TC Balance blades, Hexes, curses, feints and elemental traps and blades that were used to help buff.

I for one have been very glad to have those storm wizards in my corner when dueling in the high level dungeons. It is because of one of my friends being storm, that I have finally learned how to re-construct some of my decks for the most damage as fast as possible, especially on my storm wizard.

So Please leave the storm spells and WIZARDS alone.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
saadkhan123 wrote:

Storm has the lowest health and the highest fizzle rate of all the schools. At low levels, the spells fizzle often enough to make it worth the pips for the damage. At Higher levels, they have higher damage amounts.

Storm's blade is 30%. Storm's Trap is 25%.
Ice's trap is 30% and Ice's Blade is 40%.

Kraken has been out for 3 years and 3 months. Don't whine about it.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
saadkhan123 wrote:

Storm is overpowered, low health.
Ice is underpowered, high health

It's elementary my dear 8) (Sorry, for some reason I find myself randomly saying Sherlock Holmes quotes.)

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
saadkhan123 wrote:

Well, that's Storm for you. Storm is meant to hit incredibly high damage and supposed to have low health, while Ice is the complete opposite, high health low damage.

Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
no no. levathian and siren are overpowered. they only way to make them fair is if there accuracy is 50%.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Dark7X wrote:
no no. levathian and siren are overpowered. they only way to make them fair is if there accuracy is 50%.
Actually, they're not really overpowered since there is something called shields. Besides that, Snow angel with blade and gargantuan can hit for a thousand over time. Crow can hit 800 to all enemies with right preperation. A judgement can hit for thousands of damage. The list goes on for all schools. Perhaps you'd like your schools spell to be nerfed in addition to storms. No offense, just saying.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Some of you just don't really understand how the elements work.

Look at these elements in real life.

Storms can be very weak and short lived: ie: Fizzle
Or they can be very strong and do a lot of DAMAGE, but still not be long life.

Ice on the other hand can be very strong and LONG lived. ie: ICE STORM
Ice storms have a tendancy to dump enough ice to bring a lot of things to a standstill and can last for several days.

It gets really frustrating that players can't accept the fact that some of the things in the game are based on how they can and do react in real life. That is what gives this game a lot of it's depth and makes it more fun.

So Please stop picking on Storm and make friends with them. You will be glad you did.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
Dark7X wrote:
there have been many complaints but if you cant beat storm join em. make a storm see how "over powered" it is now with their low health and terrible accuracy. yes their gear helps but how hard did they work to get that gear? storm is almost always handicapped untill they get kraken. it is the only thing that keeps storms from losing constantly at low lvls.

Defender
Jul 18, 2011
Daviato wrote:
saadkhan123 wrote:

Seriously! I'm sorry if sound rude, but I'm sick and tired of having my spells damage change every darn time someone complaints about their damage!

You sound like Ice wizard, once you get to lvl70 your Ice wizard will be more like immortal... Highest health of 4,400, highest resistance up to 70%, and even their spells with lots blades boosting they can do as much damage as Storm.

If Elemental Blades and Spirit Blades were remove from the game, than every school would be doing the damage they suppose to.

people people people i have a storm im lvl 43 storm and lvl 70 ice and lvl 70 balance so stop saying i dont have a storm

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
Daviato wrote:
saadkhan123 wrote:

Wow still have problems with ice? When you said your sick and tired of having people complain about storm I literally fell on the floor laughing. If anything storm does all the complaining. Have you ever tried making an ice its the hardest school to train. Excuse KI if they think they should make ice be able to finish realms as fast as storm or fire. You ever hear the best defense is offense? Well its true later on in the game. Its the holidays people want to go to the PvP section and read about intresting matches are great strategies, not hundreds of post saying storm needs a DoT from Davito or someone else from "The drained storm wizards' circle", then hundreds of other posts from the people who are against that. Finally those two or three posts about people actually trying to fix PvP from me or others. The Message Boards are like the Wizard101 newspaper and the popular section is the sports or PvP where people don't want to read millions of complaints from the same people, that try to pretend they care about other schools. They pretend that they actually do so it seems they aren't part of those "I only care about destroying other schools and helping mine people."

Aaron Drakewalker Transcended Pyromancer

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
saadkhan123 wrote:
Daviato wrote:
saadkhan123 wrote:

people people people i have a storm im lvl 43 storm and lvl 70 ice and lvl 70 balance so stop saying i dont have a storm

If you have a storm, then why are you ranting about the strength of a spell? This is the first time I have come across a post from a "Storm Wizard" saying one of their spells is overpowered. That is just your opinion. There are a lot of storm wizards that would disagree with you.

I have a lvl 43 storm wizard also. Since she does not have the crowns gear that will give her the boosts to do HIGH damage, it would be nice to see this subject dropped. My wizard works hard and still fizzes a lot, so when she gets a good hit, she jumps for joy.

I just wish people would leave Storm Wizards alone.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
goldendragon18 wrote:
saadkhan123 wrote:
Daviato wrote:
saadkhan123 wrote:

If you have a storm, then why are you ranting about the strength of a spell? This is the first time I have come across a post from a "Storm Wizard" saying one of their spells is overpowered. That is just your opinion. There are a lot of storm wizards that would disagree with you.

I have a lvl 43 storm wizard also. Since she does not have the crowns gear that will give her the boosts to do HIGH damage, it would be nice to see this subject dropped. My wizard works hard and still fizzes a lot, so when she gets a good hit, she jumps for joy.

As you notice, he whines about the damage, and compares it to Ice, one of his 'Transcended'...

Let's look at it this way: Ice lives almost forever. Yes, they are Slower with high damage, but they have the health to support that time, as well as the resist.

Ice's Boosts:
35%+ Ice Gear Boost
45% Ice Blade (TC/Gear)
40% Ice Blade (Regular)
35% Elemental Blade (Regular / Gear)
40% Elemental Blade (TC)
30% Ice Trap (Regular)
35% Ice Trap (TC / Gear)
25% Elemental Trap (Regular)
=1136.262684375%
7 Turns

Storm's Boosts:
85%+ Storm Gear Boost
35% Storm Blade (TC/Gear)
30% Storm Blade (Reg)
35% Elemental Blade (Reg / Gear)
40% Elemental Blade (TC)
25% Storm Trap (Reg)
30% Storm Trap (TC / Gear)
20% Windstorm (Reg)
25% Windstorm (TC / Gear)
25% Elemental Trap (Reg)
=1869.67142578125%
9 Turns

Ice also doesn't need to waste 5 TP on Tower. This allows Ice wizards to get both Satyr AND Feint Trained before Celestia. By the time Storm's had 9 Turns to just trap and blade, they're probably already dead. That's why Storm has such powerful spells.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Johnist wrote:
goldendragon18 wrote:
saadkhan123 wrote:
Daviato wrote:
saadkhan123 wrote:

As you notice, he whines about the damage, and compares it to Ice, one of his 'Transcended'...

Let's look at it this way: Ice lives almost forever. Yes, they are Slower with high damage, but they have the health to support that time, as well as the resist.

Ice's Boosts:
35%+ Ice Gear Boost
45% Ice Blade (TC/Gear)
40% Ice Blade (Regular)
40% Elemental Blade (TC)
30% Ice Trap (Regular)
35% Ice Trap (TC / Gear)
=1136.262684375%
7 Turns

Storm's Boosts:
85%+ Storm Gear Boost
30% Storm Blade (Reg)
40% Elemental Blade (TC)
25% Storm Trap (Reg)
20% Windstorm (Reg)
25% Elemental Trap (Reg)
=1869.67142578125%
9 Turns

Ice also doesn't need to waste 5 TP on Tower. This allows Ice wizards to get both Satyr AND Feint Trained before Celestia. By the time Storm's had 9 Turns to just trap and blade, they're probably already dead. That's why Storm has such powerful spells.

Thank you Johnist.

If My storm had to wait 9 turns to blade and trap I would be dead or better have more than 1 life wizard running with me to keep me alive. I have started hitting a little better since I have reconstructed my deck but still need to make more changes to it.

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
flarzedrago9 wrote:

Wow still have problems with ice? When you said your sick and tired of having people complain about storm I literally fell on the floor laughing. If anything storm does all the complaining. Have you ever tried making an ice its the hardest school to train. Excuse KI if they think they should make ice be able to finish realms as fast as storm or fire. You ever hear the best defense is offense? Well its true later on in the game. Its the holidays people want to go to the PvP section and read about intresting matches are great strategies, not hundreds of post saying storm needs a DoT from Davito or someone else from "The drained storm wizards' circle", then hundreds of other posts from the people who are against that. Finally those two or three posts about people actually trying to fix PvP from me or others. The Message Boards are like the Wizard101 newspaper and the popular section is the sports or PvP where people don't want to read millions of complaints from the same people, that try to pretend they care about other schools. They pretend that they actually do so it seems they aren't part of those "I only care about destroying other schools and helping mine people."

That wasn't necessary, I have respectfully reply your comments and I have never insult you in any such matter as you have done.

You getting mad because I'm given a clear view of things. Clearly you have something against me.

I have talk about Ice, because they have giving the ability to have greatest amount health and resistance, but on top of that they can also do as much damage as a Storm wizard, which is something that is very unfair. And that's exactly why I think Ice is over-rated and not balanced.

Not only Ice but many more other schools have improve on damage, but Storm hasn't improve on health. Which is the main topic, we Storm wizards are talking about today, yes we are tired of having our spells damage change and not having any improvements.

There have been many posts "Picking On Storm" which I have defend my school. Some of those posts where saying get over from asking a Dot spell to Storm wizards. I clearly support for Storm to obtain a DoT spell, due to unfairness of shields any of our spells cannot do any damage.

Yet you don't support Storm at any rate of having a DoT spell, again is your word against my word and against thousands of many more Diviners.

Back to the subject, your comment has no specific point other than being rude and making jokes about myself.

Anymore rude comments will be reportable.

Austin Storm Transcended Diviner

Defender
Jul 18, 2011
Daviato wrote:
flarzedrago9 wrote:

That wasn't necessary, I have respectfully reply your comments and I have never insult you in any such matter as you have done.

You getting mad because I'm given a clear view of things. Clearly you have something against me.

I have talk about Ice, because they have giving the ability to have greatest amount health and resistance, but on top of that they can also do as much damage as a Storm wizard, which is something that is very unfair. And that's exactly why I think Ice is over-rated and not balanced.

Not only Ice but many more other schools have improve on damage, but Storm hasn't improve on health. Which is the main topic, we Storm wizards are talking about today, yes we are tired of having our spells damage change and not having any improvements.

There have been many posts "Picking On Storm" which I have defend my school. Some of those posts where saying get over from asking a Dot spell to Storm wizards. I clearly support for Storm to obtain a DoT spell, due to unfairness of shields any of our spells cannot do any damage.

Yet you don't support Storm at any rate of having a DoT spell, again is your word against my word and against thousands of many more Diviners.

Back to the subject, your comment has no specific point other than being rude and making jokes about myself.

NO ice is not over balance! make an ice and see how "over balance" they are btw i dont know any ice with 70% resist that would be imortal though i am a ice with 34% damage and 34% resist that IS balance out also i have 4515 health

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
saadkhan123 wrote:
Daviato wrote:
flarzedrago9 wrote:

NO ice is not over balance! make an ice and see how "over balance" they are btw i dont know any ice with 70% resist that would be imortal though i am a ice with 34% damage and 34% resist that IS balance out also i have 4515 health
Sorry saadhkan, but your not helping your case here, viciously attacking Storm while ferociously defending Ice doesn't seem to be "neutral" in my book. And with the new gear, it is possible to achieve 70% resist as an ice, but only to Fire and Storm, the rest is 50%.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
A thread about kraken being changed? Wow. I don't really agree because storm is supposed to be the most powerful school.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Johnist wrote:

Ice's Boosts:
35%+ Ice Gear Boost
45% Ice Blade (TC/Gear)
40% Ice Blade (Regular)
40% Elemental Blade (TC)
30% Ice Trap (Regular)
35% Ice Trap (TC / Gear)
=1136.262684375%
7 Turns

Storm's Boosts:
85%+ Storm Gear Boost
30% Storm Blade (Reg)
40% Elemental Blade (TC)
25% Storm Trap (Reg)
20% Windstorm (Reg)
25% Elemental Trap (Reg)
=1869.67142578125%
9 Turns

What attack spells are you comparing? Kraken and Colossus? Kraken and Ice Wyvern? Something else? I ask because with all those boosts, Kraken would do a minimum of 9722 damage, not 1869. Boosts are all multiples, not additives. You should also not discount the highest critical chance in the game which would take that total to 19444 damage on a critical. This, of course, assumes that you are not adding in gargantuan, colossal, etc...

Defender
Jul 18, 2011
lol my names supposed to be "sad chain" but i spiced things up lol.

Explorer
May 28, 2009
Wow. Just. Wow. Non of you got the point I have in mind. All schools except Storm receive a spell that hits all enemies at level 22!!!!!
So.... Storm gets a high damage spell to knock one enemy out while the other schools get spells that help kill all enemies. Well Death receives Vamp but they get a stronger spell that hits all enemies at level 48. And Life receives Seraph, but it isn't much of an attacking school and they their level 58 spell is a good hitter.
Fire= Meteor Strike
Ice= Blizzard
Storm= Kraken (Strong but single)
Balance= Sandstorm
Life= Seraph (Not an attacking school)
Death= Vamp (Drain)
Myth= Humongofrog
See my point?