Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mounts

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 29, 2009
This is an idea i have had for a while. Wouldn't it be cool if mounts had an area in the live game where they run free and you can catch and tame them? My idea is a place called mount island. You would have to but it with crowns or have a membership to go there. All the mounts in the crown shop would be there. The trick is that mounts are hard to tame. You would have to complete quests to get the items required to tame mounts. You would need sturdy rope, saddle bag( i did a play with words its a magic bag that generates saddles), accessory bag, and a Mount Tamer's Badge. Then you are given a map that shows you where all the mounts are located. You have to battle a Marleybone level boss to get the bodge. Then you have to sneak up on the mount and use the sturdy rope. Once you use the sturdy rope you have to press space bar repeatedly to get the rope on securely, otherwise the mount will get out of the rope and run away. Once you capture the mount you can treat it like a pet with training and hatching. Instead of Pet Derby though it will be Mount fighting like pvp. You train your mounts for abilities and when the mount is adult you get a card that allows your mount to do an attack. Plz tell me what you guys think!

~Brianna Starwalker Legendary Theurgist

Defender
Aug 26, 2010
I think that idea is very imaginative and cool. It would never happen because everyone who has purchased a mount in the crown shop would be really mad. But it is a cool idea. I would like it if mounts could help in battle, like have special attacks or defenses. Like Brooms that occationally sweep away traps that are on you. Or the bone dragon increasing you defense against death spells. That kind of thing.

Delver
Aug 10, 2009
I love that idea, but what about wing mount (e.g. dragon wings mount, sephera wings mount, bat wings mount, ect, ect)

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
Survivor
Jul 08, 2011
I think too, that the idea is rather interesting. I would also love to see, in regards to Mounts, KI allowing us to give them names. Most of my mounts have "names", but not like the pets do. With all of the new animal mounts coming out, I'd love to see them allow us to pay coins to name them. What do you guys think of that?

Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
genius. just genius. they did pretty much most of that with pets not that long ago, why not do it with mounts to? i think this MIGHT happen except for the crown mounts

Survivor
Aug 29, 2009
forgetno4 wrote:
I love that idea, but what about wing mount (e.g. dragon wings mount, sephera wings mount, bat wings mount, ect, ect)

I did think of that. They will roam around like they do in your house, and you still use the rope. The rope is put around the base of the wings so it cant get away from you.