Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The New Gear

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 24, 2011
I really dont enjoy the new gear sadly. I dont think its the best you guys can do like come on. You guys are awesome and great masterminds and everything shows it except for the new gear. I think it fails to be honest. Ihope the new gear is better. I want more resist, strength, block, crit and all that stuff. Please do not take this as a frown :( but you guys can come up with better stuff. Please let the new gear be better and keep up with your awesome work!

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
KI I have to agree with him the gear you have for Zafaria is nothing compared to Waterworks gear I would like a new dungeon twice as hard as Waterworks with greatly improved gear it would be a nice present to wizards in the spiral.

Survivor
Apr 20, 2009
terakkion wrote:
I really dont enjoy the new gear sadly. I dont think its the best you guys can do like come on. You guys are awesome and great masterminds and everything shows it except for the new gear. I think it fails to be honest. Ihope the new gear is better. I want more resist, strength, block, crit and all that stuff. Please do not take this as a frown :( but you guys can come up with better stuff. Please let the new gear be better and keep up with your awesome work!

Totaly agree. I would like to hear a response from KE concerning this topic.
I dont see why you cant go back and make better lvl 60-70 gear drop. Rework it. People are crying for an equipment update. Was the purpose of making Zafria to make waterworks equips the best for another 10 levels?
i dont think so.... Again dont take this post to personal. But please reply and lets CAREFULLY concider updating these gears.

Things you guys did do good again are.
Graphics were great
Updating star and better boosts from star was nice
The Dialog as always was good.
The experience was ok.

but sadly the equips was a failure.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
It's hard to imagine the people who designed the new gear actually have a clue about this game. It's the same people who designed the Celestia gear, but not the Wintertusk gear, people who think that wizards actually use two different schools of attacks in combination. Ice wizards do not need or use a storm attack boost. Death wizards do not need a life attack boost.

Even if a wizard had a school amulet and did use spells from other schools, a 6% boost on the spells one is limited to learn in another school makes almost no difference at all. Even if you put colossus on a spell and get 600 damage, that is only a boost of 36 points. Sad sad sad.

It's just crazy how bad the new gear is. And people who think wizards would gladly give up universal resistance for critical block in several schools are at best, uninformed.

And the crafted gear is simply an insult to all wizards who make the rather large effort to attain the highest level of crafting. Ice has some good gear, and all other schools get absolutely nothing. Maybe King Isle is trying to do too much in too short a time, and the left hand has no clue what the right hand is doing.

My suggestion would be for King Isle to pay some employees to actually play the game, so they have some clue what might and might not be useful gear. Zafaria is a great and entertaining new world. The gear is nothing more than an insult to intelligence. I expect there will be Level 70 gear at some point, and we can only pray that it is a different department that designs that gear, and not the people who designed the Celestia and Zafaria gear.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2011
I am well aware that you are wanting to voice your opinion on how you dislike the new gear avaiable in Zafaria however, if you were to go down to any of the other pages and sometimes 2 or 3 times on some of the pages, you would have already noticed that this subject has already been addressed by multiple amount of individuals already. I am sure that KI is well aware that the entire player-base is very dissapointed in the available gear selection for they are addressing the situation accordingly.

In due time, they will have better gear available to all the wizards throughout the spiral. You will just need to be patient like the rest of us and hope for the best.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I am kind of wondering why you all would want new gear. I would understand that you may want different looking equipment. But why more powerful?

Now, the obvious thing aside, I am fully aware you want to see yourselves spam higher damage numbers. Which can be easily accomplished anyway with blades and treasure cards.

Zafaria I found to be much easier than Celestia by a long shot. I solo'ed each and every single boss except dungeon bosses and Belloq.

So, what is the reason behind new equipment? I am still wearing full Waterworks equipment.

I would give KI kudos for making Zafaria's final dungeon much more casual and friendly, I am even able to use my minion!

I only have a few issues. Monsters and bosses start with 6-10 power pips. WHAT THE HECK?! I understand you want to provide players with a challenge, but COME ON.

The final dungeon of Zafaria is really awesome, and I love the Morganthe story. But, compared to Waterworks, it is a playground. Now, don't take this the wrong way! I love it being a playground. But, at least make it MORE of a playground.

I love being able to use my minion without committing suicide or destroying my party, but after seeing bosses with 20K+ health in Waterworks with all them special rules, I would at least want to see 20k+ health on all the Zafaria's final dungeon mobs.
Especially since they all die after one or two hit-all spells.

Survivor
Apr 23, 2010
I agree. You guys are REALLY awesome! :D But, it would be nice if, seeing how we are level 70, get level 70 gear.

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
gear stinks and it is alol multi schooled almsot it is like they think everyone wants improvement on secondary school i mean it has higher critical health and mana but i dont want to sacrifice crit block resistance and accuracy for it

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Shiningfantasia wrote:
I am kind of wondering why you all would want new gear. I would understand that you may want different looking equipment. But why more powerful?

Now, the obvious thing aside, I am fully aware you want to see yourselves spam higher damage numbers. Which can be easily accomplished anyway with blades and treasure cards.

Zafaria I found to be much easier than Celestia by a long shot. I solo'ed each and every single boss except dungeon bosses and Belloq.

So, what is the reason behind new equipment? I am still wearing full Waterworks equipment.

I would give KI kudos for making Zafaria's final dungeon much more casual and friendly, I am even able to use my minion!

I only have a few issues. Monsters and bosses start with 6-10 power pips. WHAT THE HECK?! I understand you want to provide players with a challenge, but COME ON.

The final dungeon of Zafaria is really awesome, and I love the Morganthe story. But, compared to Waterworks, it is a playground. Now, don't take this the wrong way! I love it being a playground. But, at least make it MORE of a playground.

I love being able to use my minion without committing suicide or destroying my party, but after seeing bosses with 20K+ health in Waterworks with all them special rules, I would at least want to see 20k+ health on all the Zafaria's final dungeon mobs.
Especially since they all die after one or two hit-all spells.

The reason for wanting better gear than what is available in ZF, is be cause that gear is weaker than the level 60 gear and WAY overpriced. Myself and a few others I am sure would like to see the gear upgraded to what it really should be.

OFF TOPIC
As for the bosses compared to WaterWorks, that is not a fair comparison. WaterWorks is a Challenge dungeon, just like the Warehouse in MB and Briskbreeze Tower and now the Helephant tower. Mob bosses should not be compared with those. There will be more challenges in the future I am sure, but it would not be fair to many of the young kids to make these bosses with that kind of health.

BACK TO TOPIC
The new gear is bad. As some of the others have said, the multi-schooled gear I would not use. All of my wizards on my main account except death, have trained death to Feint. Death has trained to Satyr. My wizards have no use for the multi-school gear. The same will hold true on second account.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
terakkion wrote:

actually the level 68 non-auction gear isnt that bad. unfortunately you have to sacrifice some good stats if your current outfit is waterworks gear

Survivor
Sep 20, 2009
I totally agree. You should make a new dungeon like waterworks for the lvl 80 gear. we would so love that since were all fed up with waterworks............

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
Level 70 gear would be fun to obtain. Just wish the current gear had more resist onto it. I mean ice loses resist when They use the crafted Gear. I am sure KI will address this soon however.

Remember what your Mother always said: Patient's is a Virtue.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2011
No, make the new area for level 70 gear. I agree with all the post above in that the gear in Zarfaria had little thought put into it. Where is the gear that prepares you wizard for going to level 80? It should have more attributes. At least put in a vendor that will give something you can craft that like the one in Sudilund in Wintertusk.

Champion
May 03, 2011
There is new crafted gear for Legendary Artisans. It, too, has multi-school stats. It offers more critical and block (useful since crit and block casting has gone WAY down in ZF--despite having the same gear as we/I had in CL and WT). There is not much in the way of global resist--you get resist to two schools, usually, and have to give up on the others. Myth gear, for example, gives good resist to Death and Life, but nothing to other schools. So this means that, if I craft that stuff, I have to change outfits before battles. I'm not going to get crushed by some Storm monster because I have low resist to Storm. Doesn't make sense.

Oh, and power pips are way down--kind of a drag when you have 9-pip spells you want to cast, and you belong to a school with (relatively) low power pip levels anyway, like Myth.

It's pretty obvious what's going on here. KI made the older level 56-60 gear way too powerful, especially Waterworks gear (which I don't have--mine is the crafted WT stuff). The new ZF gear is a belated attempt to dial it back down. But the horse has already left the stable (hmm, not sure what that old expression is, exactly, but you get what I mean) and you can't call it back. People aren't going to want this new stuff when they know the old stuff is better.

Some marketing psychology would have helped here. People don't want to pay a lot for something that isn't obviously better.

To my mind, it would have been better to make ZF harder and the gear tougher--with better global stats, not school-specific ones. That's what we all expected.

Champion
May 03, 2011
Update--I got some of my facts wrong above. It's the critical block that school-specific, not general resist, on the new crafted gear--at least the stuff I made. With the right accessories, the crafted gear is pretty good. It helped me to have advice from a friend with excellent math skills, however--it's kind of overwhelming, looking at all those stats, if you aren't "quantitatively oriented." I.e., bad at math.

Bottom line on crafted gear, at least for Myth--way more critical, more block, more general resist and damage (with the right blade and ring), more health. About 11% lower power pip percentage, and less mana. The pip loss is pretty big, and I had to change my strategy to accommodate it. I'll be looking into crafting options for my level 70 Death, next.

Anyway, that's my take on the Legendary Artisan gear that I recently crafted. Good, even great in some areas, but requires sacrifice in others.