Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

below minimum damage

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jul 30, 2010
i was recently lvling a brand new character on a new account and he is life he cast a imp at rattlebones and it did 35 damage! then his minion cast a evil sprite and it did 35 damage! what is up with that! the minimum damage is supposed to be 65 for imp and 80 for evil sprite what is up with that? :? :? :?

Defender
Aug 26, 2010
It could be because you have resistance due to your gear that reduced the attack on you. Rattlebones could also have resistance to life spells. It's been a long time since I battled him, so I don't remember if he uses shields or not. If shields were in play then that explains why the damage was reduced. Also, if he or his minion had cast a charm on you to reduce your attack.

I don't know if you are completely new to the game or just have a new account. A charm is a round thing that turns around your head during play. Good ones are completely round and boost your attacks, bad ones have little spikey things that reduce your attacks. I think it's level 5 when you can talk to Diego on Unicorn Way and learn all about that stuff.

Explorer
Dec 23, 2009
it could be that your characters gear could have been giving you resistance. you can get resistance by wearing certain gear such as shoes, robes, and hat's. they can reward you with resistance and that could be why damage is not at it's minimum. resistance causes certain types of attacking spells to not attack you with their minimal to maximum damage, so that means you take less damage based on the percentage of your resistance for a certain type of school. you can see how much you resist to certain schools spells by looking at your characters resistance, to do so just press ''C'' when you are walking around the spiral and look at your statistics. also if you attack an enemy in a duel (for example) with an imp (life spell) and the enemy is life it wont do allot of damage cause life on life is like fighting '' fire with fire'' (unless you use a prism) i hope this helps!!! 8) 8) 8)

Colin dragonhunter level 49 pyromancer

Blaze life level 58 theurgest

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
no, rattle bones stats are the same i had no gear powerful enough for such a damage reduction keep in mind my character was lvl 2 at the time. and had no gear equiped. i have beat the game. i am a somewhat experienced player. and well thing is i used a normal spell no other things at all. no blades no traps no gear bo shields no nothing and rattle bones did not resist.. i know what i saw. i was to low lvl to have anything affect it that drasticly.
lvl 70 sorcerer
lvl 61 necromancer
and a bunch of lower lvls i wont bother mentioning.

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
hanable33 wrote:
i was recently lvling a brand new character on a new account and he is life he cast a imp at rattlebones and it did 35 damage! then his minion cast a evil sprite and it did 35 damage! what is up with that! the minimum damage is supposed to be 65 for imp and 80 for evil sprite what is up with that? :? :? :?

Very odd indeed. I was starting a new charecter and i have never in the 26 he had resistance.

Hunter LegendWraith level64 necromancer

Survivor
Mar 19, 2009
Well did Rattlebones cast it? The bosses in unicorn way's spells don't do as much damage as the regular spell because you don't have a whole lot of health to mess around with, and with 2 you can easily be taken out with 5-7 rank 1 spells, maybe less if you are storm or fire.