Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Instrution

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 21, 2009
I just started a new charater and realized that going to the dual master is not first quest, which it should be. The reason I got threw was I have played before, but for someone new they are thrown into the game.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
MercMissionary wrote:
I just started a new charater and realized that going to the dual master is not first quest, which it should be. The reason I got threw was I have played before, but for someone new they are thrown into the game.

Part of this is because of the initial instruction you receive from Headmaster Ambrose. This is enough to get you started since your first battles take place in Unicorn way. Once the wizard masters Ambrose's instruction, then you receive more instruction from the duel master.

Survivor
Oct 10, 2010
MercMissionary wrote:

Wait do u mean going to dueling Diego is the first quest?

Delver
Jun 21, 2009
Hero
Jun 11, 2010
The reason for this is that there is a tutorial at the very begining at the game that teaches you the basic principles of the game. Like what pips are, how to cast a spell, how to tell if something is a healing spell, what mana and health do, just the bare minimums that you need to know before you go out and battle. Diego takes what you already know and adds to it, by introducing a new level of battling. Basically, this quest is farther on in the game, so that way you can master and fully understand what the tutorial taught you, and then take Diego's information, and add that on, to create better, faster battles. There is an old proverb that goes like this: I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand. You must do a battle before fully understanding the aspects of it.

Defender
Jan 20, 2010
MercMissionary wrote:
Please, read it agian. It is not the first quest. I think they should change that.

Did you skip the tutorial where Ambrose guides you through the fight with the two draconians? That tutorial is more than enough to get you through Unicorn Way. Diego teaches the more advanced forms of combat that would only confuse players who haven't mastered the basics yet. Why flood new players with information on DoT spells, multi-pip spells, and power pips, crit/crit block, armor piercing, ect. , when they are still learning to manage health and mana? None of the information Diego gives is even relevant until you hit level 5, and some of it isn't relevant until you're in the 50's and 60's.