Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Whats up with new Jump? Is Terrible.

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 15, 2009
Okay I been looking all over update notes and nothing says why our jumping got change... :-(

Why did it change? I been talking with friends and family-members and mostly everyone don't seem to like this new jump.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
I know right? Basically were just bouncing our little Wizard Knees up.... I wouldn't call that a jump. Maybe a magical diseased Catapillar leap

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
LOL.

For something that really has no function in the game, this is probably the single most posted problem ever !!!! I think I've counted at least 8 different threads.

I wonder what would happen if wizards suddenly stopped their random looks from side to side they do ?????

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Either it's a bug from the elephant transformation potion you take in Zafaria, or some programmer at KI needs to have his or her head examined. The new jump is so horrible it would better to not have a jump at all.

We need to keep All Jumping Posts at the forefront, so keep responding to these posts, every day, until KI gets the picture, or at least lets us know that they are planning to fix it.

Why can't KI tell us one way or the other if this is a bug or the new reality? Is that really such a difficult question for them to answer???????

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
In my opinion, I don't see the need for it to have been changed. It might be just a bug. I enjoyed jumping high, although I also wish we could put jumping to some use...

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
malt22 wrote:

Why can't KI tell us one way or the other if this is a bug or the new reality? Is that really such a difficult question for them to answer???????

Why does it matter? How about we let them focus on other issues that need correcting that affect gameplay?

Oh, you agree? Cool. Thanks for no longer posting in every thread demanding the same thing.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2010
Hero
Jul 27, 2009
if this "jump" is a new reality then i would rather crawl like a catapillar.

it like like a cross between a bounce and a hop
guess you could call it a bomp

bompity bomp.....

not a jump for joy!

Delver
Jul 20, 2009
I think the jump now the was old jump before the other jump took over its place.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Oh good gods. This new jump is absolutely horrid.

It even looks broken! The animation cycle of the hop doesn't finish, and you get this really odd arm-flail for a split second that made me wonder if something had loaded wrong in my game!

I'd much rather completely lose the ability to jump than having this god-awful new jump around. I had no qualms when the jump height was originally lowered from "almost out the top of the screen" to its previous height. But this new jump is just plain sad...

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
I'm sorry to say but idc about the jumps and i don't understand why its such a big deal? You people have to stop spamming with useless threads.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
malt22 wrote:
Either it's a bug from the elephant transformation potion you take in Zafaria, or some programmer at KI needs to have his or her head examined. The new jump is so horrible it would better to not have a jump at all.

We need to keep All Jumping Posts at the forefront, so keep responding to these posts, every day, until KI gets the picture, or at least lets us know that they are planning to fix it.

it is going back to the way it was before cl.

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
this jump is sad and pathetic it is stupid too not jump it looks like some diseased fish attempting to flail when it is out of water but all it can do is that

Defender
Feb 15, 2009
The new jump made me laugh because it is similar to the jump that was there before the recent jump. I had JUST gotten used to liking this new jump when they changed it back to the original. Now I guess I have to re-get use to the jump!

Survivor
Aug 28, 2011
Hello :-D

I loved the way our wizards were able to jump higher. I love to decorate my houses and it makes it allot easier to place items with the higher jump.
It is also a really fun feature. Is there any reason why it was removed?
Can KI give us our super duper jump back?

Love ya,
Angelfirewizard

xoxoxo

Survivor
Aug 28, 2011
Please bring back the epic jump! Thank you! :-D

Chris Lifebringer --- {=^o^=}

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Daviato wrote:
Okay I been looking all over update notes and nothing says why our jumping got change... :-(

Why did it change? I been talking with friends and family-members and mostly everyone don't seem to like this new jump.

Finally, something you and I can agree on. ;) I'd like it to go back to the more ninja-like jump we had before.

Explorer
Feb 15, 2009
Daviato wrote:

It's the original jump. The jump we used before even the Grandmaster rank existed, before the quest helper arrow, before open chat, before all of the things people take for granted. I like this jump better; it reminds me of when I was younger.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2010
If you stand next to another wizard and do the old jump, your feet come up to thier face about. Now the average height for men is about 5 foot 10 inches, which means that from a complete stand still, we could jump 5 feet straight up in the air (bring on the olympics!). Pretty ridiculus, but funny.
And it is always cool to walk in to the commons and see a group of twenty people jumping in unison.

But now, now that is all over. Please bring back the old jump

Explorer
Jun 23, 2011
What is up with THAT? It's horrible. I like the other jump.

But I have noticed if I get on my mount I can do the long jump

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
I totally agree.The new jump is awkward. You should be able to choose your jump.
Grace F. lvl 43,life
Cya in the spiral!

Survivor
Aug 05, 2011
The new "jump"...and that is being generous calling it a jump...looks horrible.

Talk about a needless tweek.

Besides the fact that it's all quite irrelevant, considering we can't really jump over anything anyway.

I've been stuck on stuff that a baby could crawl over, so it hardly matters.

How about letting us actually jump?

Survivor
Aug 05, 2011
TheDarkestMask wrote:
I'm sorry to say but idc about the jumps and i don't understand why its such a big deal? You people have to stop spamming with useless threads.

And you have been spamming this sort of reply as well.

Tell me, what is forcing you to open the thread, read it, then reply?

You have to stop spamming with useless replies.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
You can't play leap frog anymore. Or just hop over people and try and get random comments out of them. Do we now have rheumatism?