Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I Can't Jump Anymore

AuthorMessage
Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Dear Powers that Be,

As of today, whenever I hit space bar, I jump like an Elephant, exactly like after that Zafarian transformation potion. The elephant jump was novel, but I don't want to jump like an elephant all the time. I can't imagine the people at King Isle thought this was a good idea. It must be a bug. Right????

I jump higher now when I'm on my broom than from a standing position. I really enjoy the jump feature of this game. My friend and I use it to signal we are both ready to jump into the fight. It just isn't as fun to jump like an elephant. I want my regular energetic jump back please.

Signed,

A Concerned Young Wizard

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
Yesterday i noticed that to in the bazaar. Now i only do like a half little jump like a bunny lol. But i hope they didnt get rid of it
:(

Quinn Wildsword
lvl 66
legendary life

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
I noticed too, tho i haven't been through the Elephant Transformormation Quest, but i have a seen a video of it, now we jump like the Elephant thing o_o

Alura Mythshade level 50 Necromancer
Calamity OrgeBlossom level 31 Theurgist
Cheryl Trollcaster level 41 Pyromancer

Survivor
Dec 12, 2009
muncher wrote:
Yesterday i noticed that to in the bazaar. Now i only do like a half little jump like a bunny lol. But i hope they didnt get rid of it
:(

Quinn Wildsword
lvl 66
legendary life

Same i jump half as high as i normally do!

Defender
Jul 06, 2010
I am really starting to think of the new content updates like prescriptions from a doctor. With each medication there are always side-effects, same is true with the updates. Some are always worse than others, but they all get equally noticed.
Thanks to posts like these, steps can be taken to work on a patch for this particular side-effect, but since it doesn't trulely hinder gameplay right now, it won't be top of the list.
As Ambrose loves to say, Patience young wizards, all will be done in due course.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
FleurDeMort wrote:
I am really starting to think of the new content updates like prescriptions from a doctor. With each medication there are always side-effects, same is true with the updates. Some are always worse than others, but they all get equally noticed.
Thanks to posts like these, steps can be taken to work on a patch for this particular side-effect, but since it doesn't trulely hinder gameplay right now, it won't be top of the list.
As Ambrose loves to say, Patience young wizards, all will be done in due course.

Exactly. That's why KI is the professionals and schedule game updates accordingly and not as quick as we would like.

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
I completely agree, where did our ninja jump go?

Hunter LegendWraith level64 necromancer

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I would have a great deal of patience if only King Isle would simply state that this is a bug, and they will fix it.

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
malt22 wrote:
I would have a great deal of patience if only King Isle would simply state that this is a bug, and they will fix it.

KI stated that they put jumping into the game simply because so many people expect to be able to jump in a game. As we all know, jumping doesn't serve any functional purpose here other than to be able to say, "I can jump in Wizard101."

Let it go folks. lol