Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Astral Cards and Critical Rating

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 07, 2011

I see they added a crit rating stat now. Do you have to have astral cards to increase your crit and block rating? how do you get the astral cards. I am a level 33 ice wizard and just came back from 4-5 months being off the game.

Thankyou!

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
At level 50, Diego will give you a quick lesson on Critical and Critical Block. The only way to get critical ratings is from gear. The gear from Celestia, Wintertusk, and Zafaria have critical ratings. There are a few crowns items that give critical ratings at levels lower than 50. You can also get the critical rating before level 50 from the vengeance treasure card.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 70 Life

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
Ok first you have to be level 50 to get critical ( Diego will call you once you reach level 50). 2nd of all you do not need astral spells to increase your critical rating and block rating ( your lvl 50 and above clothes will, I don't think any astral spells do). 3rd of all you can get the astral spells in celestia.

Hope this helps,
Courtney Greenthistle Lvl 61 Thaumaturge

Survivor
Oct 14, 2011
yes thats vengence and conviction i think or have i gotten coviction mixed up with a another spell. anyway thats what i know to my knowledge

Historian
May 01, 2010
At your level, if your ice is your highest, then the only star card that you can get is conviction from diego and the sun you can get is cloak, but those are really only useful in pvp. All of the others are 50+, 52+, 54+, 56+, and 58+.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2011
A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
wojohowitz wrote:

I see they added a crit rating stat now. Do you have to have astral cards to increase your crit and block rating? how do you get the astral cards. I am a level 33 ice wizard and just came back from 4-5 months being off the game.

Thankyou!

celestia has those cards but your far from learning them

Survivor
Jun 07, 2011