Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ivy League disappointment

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
I am really glad I only bought 2 of the Ivy League plants during your recent plant sale promotion. After several harvests and then reading what kind of elder drops it produces, I am very disappointed in spending any real money at all on these plants. They don't produce another seed at anytime during the harvests and they drop a few treasure cards and very cheap reagents that do not make the purchase of this plant worth spending the money. In it's present state, I do not recommend buying this plant to anyone.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Aw, bummer, I just bought one. It doesn't like King Parsley or Boom Shrooms either, two plants I have in my garden because I have other plants that like them.

Defender
Mar 13, 2011
I agree, I am not sure who would spend the money to get a plant that doesn;t produce anything worth spending money to get.

Administrator
Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Hey all you plant experts,

Has anyone had trouble getting a harvest from the Ivy League Plant?

I bought one in December. It took almost two weeks for it to mature, then it said 89 hours till a harvest. Next day when I logged in, it was dying so I revived it and it had to start all over to mature. It's almost mature now, but it's been another two weeks.

Almost a month into this plant and I've yet to get even one harvest.

Defender
Mar 13, 2011
malt22 wrote:
Hey all you plant experts,

Has anyone had trouble getting a harvest from the Ivy League Plant?

I bought one in December. It took almost two weeks for it to mature, then it said 89 hours till a harvest. Next day when I logged in, it was dying so I revived it and it had to start all over to mature. It's almost mature now, but it's been another two weeks.

Almost a month into this plant and I've yet to get even one harvest.

I am not sure why yours is so slow, mine is slow but it is like 40 hours between harvests.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I am not sure why yours is so slow, mine is slow but it is like 40 hours between harvests.
It's slow because it dislikes two of the plants in my garden, something I didn't learn until after I planted it. But the plants that like the Ivy League's dislikes give me mega snacks so that harvest speed is the most important to me. If I could unplant the Ivy League and move it I would.

I've gotten two harvests since mid December, two triage cards. After each harvest, when I return half a day later, it is wilting and then goes back to the long road to mature. I know the dislikes slow it down, but do they make the plant actually wilt?

Even with dislikes a crown plant should give more than 2 treasure cards per month.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
OK, my Ivy League finally matured today. It has one like and one dislike, and it took 9 days to mature. It just seems like too long a period to wait for a plant to mature, yet alone give a harvest.

The heading of this thread is exactly how I feel about them.