Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fizzles

AuthorMessage
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Actually no it isn't. It happened to me several times too, but that was in the old arena. since then it hasn't happened to me again.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
That depends on how many times you have to successfully cast a spell to win the battle, what you're casting, what gear you have, and how often the mobs use black mantle, among other things. If you're trying to kill Youkai with Wild Bolt without any accuracy gear or buffs, to get through with only four fizzles would be tremendously lucky.

Survivor
Sep 09, 2008
I hate fizzling!!! It gets me soooo angry when that happens. That has happened to me before, too. A bunch of times. Yes, it is annoying, but I guess that KingsIsle wanted the Wizards to fizzle at some points. Did you know Thunder fizzles the most? Well, it does. I think it fizzles a lot because it's the strongest class. Anyway, why do you think KingsIsle made Wizards fizzle?

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
bitybitygirl1 wrote:
Anyway, why do you think KingsIsle made Wizards fizzle?

Without the random components, combat would be deterministic to the point where one side or the other has a winning strategy, and will win if they follow that strategy no matter what the other side does. Fizzling isn't the only random component in the game, but it is a big and important one.

Survivor
Feb 09, 2009
I know why thunder fizzles more times than others it's accuracy is usualy 70-75o/o [if your thunder you get a card that's +10o/o accuracy]

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
Survivor
Mar 27, 2009
I would be quite happy to fizzle only four times in a battle. I just finished a battle on Mooshu against Confused trees, where I had nine fizzles. Of course, I lost the match, because of the fizzles. My opinion is if they out number me two to one, sometimes three to one, I should not have more than two fizzles in a battle. I have to agree that Storm fizzles alot, the electrifying bats fizzle all the time.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
Since the update in early July, I have noticed that my Necromancer has started fizzling a lot more. With a spell percent of 85% and my equipment boost of only 6%, I would expect to fizzle only once in a blue moon. Now-a-days, I can expect to fizzle approximately 20 to 25% of the time. You would think I was a Storm Wizard or something. I am starting to get tired of it all.