Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What phrases do you want on menu chat?

AuthorMessage
Squire
Dec 21, 2008
What phrases do you want on menu chat? I want these ones:

Sorry, my friends list is full
Would you like to meet my other characters?
My pet's not an adult

What ones do you want?

Caroline Sunbright level 66 life

Survivor
Jul 14, 2011
Rihanna12 wrote:

My pet's not an adult

What ones do you want?

I would like to see the phrase: "Sorry I can not port now I am in a duel"
It is very difficult to take the time to hunt the right phrase for someone that does not have open chat and you r trying to keep from getting killed, lol

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
But i'd like these:

Ive ran out of cards.
I can't find that spell in my deck.
Wanna Trade? (You could do that before actually pressing trade on that player because they might of wanted to keep their Treasure Cards.)
I'll be back later!
Please don't teleport.

Yeah..... but the first two are gonna be in the Menu Chat battle Chat
Others two will be in regular Menu Chat. But the last one will be in both menu battle chat and Regular Menu Chat (Confusing?)

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
Phrases: Sorry I cant I am busy with a friend or in a duel.
Does anyone have any treasure cards you dont need?
Oh no not this again!
Lolz
Do want to have a sleep over?
Sure, sure.
Hurry up!
Hurry! Please pick a card!
Darn it! I am defeated!
Please dont say any bad words about me.
Please PvP with me.
Join my group.

Thats all! ~Wolfstrongshield~

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Tazz080147 wrote:
Rihanna12 wrote:

My pet's not an adult

What ones do you want?

I would like to see the phrase: "Sorry I can not port now I am in a duel"
It is very difficult to take the time to hunt the right phrase for someone that does not have open chat and you r trying to keep from getting killed, lol

You could just say, "One minute, I'm busy fighting".

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
I would like to see the following added :

" Do everyone a favor and delete your account."
" What part of " NO" do you not understand?"
" Ask for another heal,and I will help the monster we are fighting kill you."
"Yes I would love to help you from your incessant begging. Go and wait there there until I arrive."
"Reporting me for not accepting you as a friend,may not be in your best interest."

I can think of lots of others,but this is a good start. :D

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
The phrase "Sorry, I don't have text chat" is already there but I want this added to battles, so that when a guy tells me to do something in text chat I can tell him that I don't know what he is saying. Also:
-"Party at my house!"
-"I'm going to-" then you would select a place.
-"Hola!"
-"I need to Reshuffle!"
-"Stay right here, I'll be back in a second."
-"Achoo!!!!" We have a cough, but we need a sneeze.

Champion
May 03, 2011
KI asked this question awhile back on one of their feedback sessions, but for some reason no new phrases were ever added. I really think it's time to re-think the menu chat options. At the very least, add these two phrases:

"Sorry, I'm in a dungeon" and

"This boss cheats."

Obviously the second phrase would have to come with some additional options like:

"Use only global attacks," "Use only single hits," "no traps," etc.

As it stands, it's impossible to tell someone you are busy for more than "one minute," and inadvisable to commit to a cheating dungeon with a menu-chatter, unless you know for a fact that they are aware of the cheats.

Here's hoping these issues are addressed soon!

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
Survivor
Jul 08, 2011
-"I am an adult, and do not know how to reply to you".
-"Sorry, but I can't respond" (Instead of letting someone know you're an adult.) I mean, clearly, they can see that you have open chat and they do not. This is a problem with a lot of folks who play. We have NO WAY of communicating with these kids and I feel terrible about it.

I actually had some kid request me over and over, the other day in Celestia. I kept telling him no and that I'm sorry, but I can't. He said "Don't be mean". Really? Then he came over to where my husband and I were fighting and I quickly threw up, "Please do not join this duel" and he said "OK". What happened after that? He came and joined. I don't find that fair, honestly. I think it's rude and I think they should make it mandatory for players to ask to join, before they do. I know some people are decent enough to say "Do you need help?", but before you're given the chance to answer, they join anyway. As far as more phrases added, I think they should focus on explaining WHY you can't add them as a friend, or join their group. I'm glad someone posted this. Thank you.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Pyrsik wrote:

"Yes I would love to help you from your incessant begging. Go and wait there there until I arrive."
"Reporting me for not accepting you as a friend,may not be in your best interest."

These seem kind of mean. Especially the first one. Menu Chat deserves to be insult free!

Mastermind
May 02, 2009
eggywig wrote:
Pyrsik wrote:

These seem kind of mean. Especially the first one. Menu Chat deserves to be insult free!
i second that

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
for those who you tell "No" when they thorw that dog gone box on your screen in the middle of a battle ...

"What part of "No" do you not understand " seems to be very appropriate.

they do it boss fights and you miss the chance to chose a spell
or they try in PvP and you could lose the match.

once" No" has been said the dialog box it should be blocked but it isn't
so that phrase is is appropriate as far as i am concern.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Pyrsik wrote:

Those would be good to stop beggars but I think those might be a bit too harsh.

Defender
Feb 12, 2011
Well I think we need to flesh out the "no" section. Some non-text chat players want to join me in a dungeon that has rules - but because they can't understand me - I don't want to go in with them but all I can say is "no."

How about:

"I'm sorry, but wityhout text xhat it would be too hard to communicate"

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
darkjohns wrote:
eggywig wrote:
Pyrsik wrote:

i second that

Well, some people deserve it!

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
"This boss cheats, pay close attention."
"I am out of mana/health/spells"
"Don't use all your pips on that"
"That wont hit hard enough, try defending and wait for support."

Survivor
May 23, 2010
I would like to see something like
"I don't have that card right now" or "I can't find the right spells" since a simple I can't sometimes makes me believe my friends doubt me.

Defender
Oct 24, 2009
Pyrsik wrote:

Well thats mean.

Defender
Oct 24, 2009
MedievalManor wrote:
-"I am an adult, and do not know how to reply to you".
-"Sorry, but I can't respond" (Instead of letting someone know you're an adult.) I mean, clearly, they can see that you have open chat and they do not. This is a problem with a lot of folks who play. We have NO WAY of communicating with these kids and I feel terrible about it.

I actually had some kid request me over and over, the other day in Celestia. I kept telling him no and that I'm sorry, but I can't. He said "Don't be mean". Really? Then he came over to where my husband and I were fighting and I quickly threw up, "Please do not join this duel" and he said "OK". What happened after that? He came and joined. I don't find that fair, honestly. I think it's rude and I think they should make it mandatory for players to ask to join, before they do. I know some people are decent enough to say "Do you need help?", but before you're given the chance to answer, they join anyway. As far as more phrases added, I think they should focus on explaining WHY you can't add them as a friend, or join their group. I'm glad someone posted this. Thank you.

I do agree, I hate it when people join your battle right when your about to defeat a monster then they come and another comes.

Defender
Oct 24, 2009
I'd want to see:

Sorry I don't have textchat
Why does every one say '. . .' ?(serlously why? I see it every time I play wizards)
(If we lost connection then come back one) Sorry I fizzled.
Happy Hoildays
Magical Banana Sea Bears(this one is a joke... maybe)

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
The problem is i think some of these guys that being rude are under 10 years old. Most kids get better at social thing once they are 10 or older. (unless thay are like that painter salvador dali). So i am guessing that they dont have good social skills, so what do you expect. i agree menu chat is a good idea problem is there will never be enough terms in it that will make it equivalent to text or open chat not to mention menu chat is extremely tough to find everything if you are a new player. (took me a while to figure it out myself when i first joined).

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
jayrose5555 wrote:
I'd want to see:

Why does every one say '. . .' ?(serlously why? I see it every time I play wizards)
Happy Hoildays

They already have "Sorry I don't have text chat"

Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
Could there be a:

"No charms!"

"No traps!"

"No shields!" etc.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2011
jayrose5555 wrote:
I'd want to see:

Happy Hoildays

Jay, when you see "..." it just means someone wrote something you are unable to read. If you have semi opened chat, some of the words might come up in yellow for whoever is writing it, to you. For instance, if I wanted to tell you that I was 31 years old, it wouldn't let me. I'd have to say something like "I'm third and one years old". Unfortunately, I do not know why they have it like that, but they do. Another reason would be if you don't have ANY sort of open chat. If you're in a battle with say, two others who have semi or complete open chat, you wouldn't be able to read anything they wrote, except through the menu chat. So, if they are speaking to one another out loud, you'll see "..." constantly. So in answer to your question, no one says '...' . It's just that you can't read what's being said. :) Also, as far as losing connection and then coming back on? Why would you want to tell them you fizzled? I'd rather they threw into the menu "Sorry, I lost my connection". What could be added is "I don't know why I keep fizzling". But that's just my opinion. I hope I explained that well enough. I hope you have a wonderful holiday and a happy new year. - Catherine RavenFlame :)