Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Forrest Lord Pet Question

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 10, 2011
I have a Forrest Lord pet and he is an adult but, he doesn't heal me so, how can I get him to heal me? Will he get that ability once I level him up completely or will the next level give him that ability?

Defender
May 13, 2009
It is just luck. Who knows if you will get a talent that heals. But i do believe the Forest Lord pet can learn "Spritely".

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
peachesp26 wrote:
I have a Forrest Lord pet and he is an adult but, he doesn't heal me so, how can I get him to heal me? Will he get that ability once I level him up completely or will the next level give him that ability?

Random. By him "healing you", I think you are referring to the Spritely ability of some pets, but this is rare. You can level your pet to epic and still get bad talents. The best thing for you to do for such is to hatch your pet with something else, such as another 58 leveled pet, and you may end up with forest lord or even better a hybird, then you can restart leveling that newborn up to try to get the talent again.

Survivor
Nov 13, 2011
I think it is possibly because it is a random thing but my cloud beast is having the same problem and he has unicorn and spritly

Defender
Feb 28, 2011
peachesp26 wrote:

Not all school pets gain the ability, but forest lord is one that should. My orthrus wont get it, but my frog may. As someone stated, it's a random chance your pet may get it but it must be on the list of possible traits to start with. Here is a page about your forest lord, and other areas of this site show any pet and the traits it may get: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Forest_Lord

Now it's different with hybrid pets. I hatched my fierce hound who had spritely with someones cloud beast that had unicorn, and my new cloud beast got both traits and uses both traits, when he feels like it. Keep training your current forest lord to see if it gets it's spritely. If it doesnt, there is a list on this page of hybrids you can get by hatching him with specific other school pets. If you dont want a hybrid and your forest lord doesnt end up with spritely, hatch your lord with a non school pet like a fierce hound that has spritely and your new lord(you wont switch pets, cant switch a school pet) has a better chance at spritely. Since my orthrus cant get spritely I hatched him with the cloud beast that had spritely and unicorn. So far my new orthrus has unicorn and may get spritely when leveled up. Good luck and you can find tons of info on pets, spells, bosses, reagents, plants and gear from this site. Bookmark it you may use it a lot :)