Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 12-9-11

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 24, 2010
I love Zafaria's storyline and the battle music. I think you all did a great job creating it. The student trapped in the Stone Town Zoo is very funny and all of the new spells are great. I like that the enemies are zebras, lions, and gorillas, and I also love the zebra librarians. I also found that it isn't too hard to level up, as the quests are very rewarding.

But, I don't like that the henchmen are now more expensive :( I had 110 crowns and expected to be able to purchase a level 60 or 70 henchman to assist me in battle when I got the basilisk spell. I looked in the crown shop and was disappointed to have to buy a level 50 one instead, who died quickly and didn't really help.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
My Favorite thing added this year is easily Wintertusk! It proved KI was listening to the players, good spells and pets were added, better gear was added, fun and challenging dungeons were added, and even crafting truly became worth the effort.

My least favorite things added this year was greed. It allowed for the packs to come out, which were not too bad, but did fit into a gambling category in some ways. It also removed mega snacks from the waterworks and also removed crowns from test realm causing 2 fold (players could not test the card packs to see how many crowns it might take to get a mount they want, or so that players could not train pets). Because of greed, it allowed Zafaria to be released with way too many bugs, gear that useless and made crafting a waste of space again, showing that KI is "Now" more about money than it is about listening to the players.

I hope KI will learn from the feedback and go back to listening to the players and making this game better and more fun. I hope

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
darthjt wrote:
My Favorite thing added this year is easily Wintertusk! It proved KI was listening to the players, good spells and pets were added, better gear was added, fun and challenging dungeons were added, and even crafting truly became worth the effort.

My least favorite things added this year was greed. It allowed for the packs to come out, which were not too bad, but did fit into a gambling category in some ways. It also removed mega snacks from the waterworks and also removed crowns from test realm causing 2 fold (players could not test the card packs to see how many crowns it might take to get a mount they want, or so that players could not train pets). Because of greed, it allowed Zafaria to be released with way too many bugs, gear that useless and made crafting a waste of space again, showing that KI is "Now" more about money than it is about listening to the players.

I hope KI will learn from the feedback and go back to listening to the players and making this game better and more fun. I hope

darthjt

Don't agree alot with him but ya I agree, even though I like Zafaria. My opinion is as much as KI added, they also detracted from the game in many ways. KI has taken the money root. Where they care about a profit rather than the players that actually play their game. An example is all of the pacts they are constantly creating. The gear typically is not better, though an exception are the wands and the player has a chance at a cool mount, it causes people to spend their real money on chance. And that does not always work out so well . . .

My comments on Zafaria is just this, its amazing, I love the story line, the plot, characters, and the world itself. That being said, the took a step back in the game itself. Gear is worthless because there is no universal resist and the lower level gear is better than the new gear. That is why play with their lvl 60 gear even when they are lvl 70. Also, like darthjt said, crafting is honestly useless to people. Why take something that is longer to craft and more difficult when it does not even compare to gear of other worlds? I was kind of shocked when I came back to see that was how KI responded with the new world. So I am not crafting them any time soon. My rating would be a 7 for Zafaria.

KI has done as many good things as bad things this year so I would have to give KI a rating of 6.5-7.0 on a scale of 1-10 for all they have done to the game this year.

Blake NightWraith

Explorer
Jan 22, 2011
Fav thing:Wysteria and Zafaria!You guys were great with this and i completly like loooove them.If you woulde've made wysteria a bit bigger then it woulde've been perfect! Least fav thing:Some of the pets that you created that were kinda lame and you also took them out of the crown shop(pet rock(really lame)and evil sandman(really uncool). My recomamandation:On the future when you add mounts and pets and card packs please at the cool ones please remove that crowns only thing,some people(like me) have only a subscripstion and we can't always get crowns all the times(especially on the futere let the card packs be on gold,i want so much a wyvern hoard's pack and i can't afford it neither my friends ,because they always run out of crowns)!

Explorer
Mar 27, 2011
I started playing in april this year. I wasn't even at lvl 40 when WT came out, and that gave me a sight of the before and after gaming experience.

Well for one, there is a "before" and an "after". It's all in the several posts that have been through this forum; The newer spells, the new levels that arrived with zafaria, it all went very fast: To be honest, i didn't get that long pause that other had waiting for new things to happen, so i guess i was lucky.

But what was really good, to me, was the arrival of schools amulets. Several times, I had strategies planned out to make the best of my deck, and they all made me think 'if only i could cast those spells the same way as mine'.

Only regret i had when these amulets came out was the fact that my wizard, already well advanced (i was lvl 60 when i won my first amulet, a myth one, in WW), had to choose among power spells or secondary school ones.
It is a pity that after a few trials, i had to discard my secondary and tertiary schools (life and ice), because they would not help me any better than my main, balance, does (well i can now use polar swarm, but..). I believe that for lower level wizard these items really make a difference, and allow for more independency.

As of the worse making.. hum.
I would say the new spells that arrived with Zafaria , but let me explain:

I don't believe in a gaming experience where all that i have to do is to blade a storm, all that life does is heal storm, all that death does is weaken the enemy, all that fire does is launch dragon or volcano to break shields or all that ice does is taunt and shield; myth will get told off if they quake, and all they will do now is use basilisk anyway; and that is all the strategy 95% of players can come out with today.

I don't like it, but that is what the game was reduced to, pretty much, since lvl 58 spells entered the game.

I often get in a team in this or that dungeon, to get the storm or fire say "richard blade me".
It has become my most hatred sentence, sometimes i even put the person on my ignore list, so stressing!

I don't want to be there to blade them, i want to play!

Then the rest of the team just don't want to enter if there isn't a storm or a fire, and a healer, in the group.

Some people even tell off those that try to say it could be possible to do differently.
Well all this is because since level 58 and those overpowered spells, said logic seems to be the best one to many.
May look the best, but to me it's always the most boring.

And since lvl 68 spells came out, it went even worse, since all spells became more and more powerful again.
What's the point of attacking and weakening an enemy with a nova, when you know that in two rounds storm will do for a bazillion damage and destroy even the soil under their feets?

Because of this, sometimes I started to say "no storm in my team", when I wanted to be able to actually be of some use in the fight (not just be there as a support to one other player). But that should not happen.

Pip cost is also really too high: now not many people will spend 1 pip to help a teammate, as that means they can't cast for 6 rounds instead of 5. I don't understand this, as to me it seem normal that some spells can cost more or less than others, provided effects are different.

My greatest fear is that when new spells will come out, they will cost 10 pips, make even more damage, and just kill any need for strategy.

My greatest hope that no new spells will ever be stronger than what already exists, and they will give different effects instead than stronger ones.
Then again when that time will come, my subscription will be close to an end or expired, so it won't probably be a great deal to me.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
I must say I have loved the new additions. The new worlds are wonderful. Zafaria is breathtakingly beautiful. I have enjoyed the Hoard Packs. I must admit to having to ration my spending on them. :)

Wintertusk brought the fun challenges for my son and I. He came home from school and we would hop on and play. We had a blast there with another friend.

My dislikes are the following.

Having the Legendary Gear in WW. Time constraints are the reason why. Many players don't have enough time to complete WW once, much less do it over and over for gear. I hope you will consider putting the best gear in places that are accessible to all in the future (shorter instances or single boss fights like in DS). In DS I could go fight Snowcrusher etc as my schedule allowed.

The fact CL and beyond are making it difficult for average people to solo. I fully understand the game has to get more difficult. My son (a teen) has pretty much quit playing because he can't solo much any more. (I have friends whose similarly aged children and family members are quitting too, for the same reason.) He is not a "social butterfly" and finding time where I can help him is hard. Our good friends he liked playing with have moved on. I also understand you have to strike a balance. No matter what you do somebody will complain. To me the point of the game is to have fun. The first arc kept my son playing and playing. It was fun and challenging. CL really changed that for him and bunch of my friends (all adults). The leap from DS to CL was daunting. Our best gear was horribly underpowered and until level 54 we really could not get good gear. My friends and I don't understand that leap and drastic change in game difficulty progression. I hope in the future the average player like my son (He is a very good player. He plays as well as my uber player friends.) will be considered.

Once again I thank you for you do! I really appreciate your willingness to hear constructive criticism.

Megan *edited for spelling and clarity*

Survivor
May 28, 2009
Delver
Apr 12, 2011
my favorite thing was zafaria excepy with the exception of the fire lion ravagers and musuth berserkers my least favorite is the new henchmen they are overpriced an dont do all that much to help

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
Survivor
Sep 30, 2010
Rihanna12 wrote:
My favorite thing is Zafaria because I think it's fun. And my least favorite thing is the new henchmen, I would like them to at least look like wizards again.

Caroline Sunbright level 66 life

I get what your saying, but i think it is cool that they look like the creatures, or for the most part, we face in the game. To me i think it makes the game more fun. :) :D :) :D

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
The Waterworks is awesome. But its also sort of lame because you just have to kill the right bosses to get gear, and when you do it will always get your wizards school gear. I do like getting the mega snacks to train my pet, but I might not get the right snacks in the right skills (agility, power, intellect etc.) to get good stats like spell-proof and the other resist talent (dont know what its called).

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Favorite- Zafaria!!! I think it was well put in toughness (most would not agree on that though) and detail. It was fun to explore all around, I loved the Elephant Graveyard! It was so cool looking.

Least Favorite- I'd have to say the new henchmen. They bother me with their cost.

Overall, wonderful year guys and I look forward to whats in store for us in 2012!!!

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
i cant pick for the best thing because its tied to crab alley is back! and a new world!, zafaria!

i think my least would have to be nothing! everything was great! :)

Explorer
Jul 16, 2009
Hi, Professor!
Happy amazing, awesome, wonderful New Year to you and yours! :)
One thing that was super great and my favourite thing?
I've been enjoying the introduction of Wintertusk very much!
There were sooo many new updates and things in 2011!
My not so favorite new thing?
Struggling sometimes to figure out how to complete some rather impossible to solo dungeons.
All in all, it's been a stellar year playing Wizard101!
You all are doing a fantastic job and thank you very much (!!) for working so hard day in and day out to make it a magical and great game to play!
The very best wishes to you all for the coming year!

Survivor
Jan 30, 2010
Survivor
Nov 05, 2011

i think life needs a new regenerate golden card recipe because life has such a big disadvantage to other schools to have to find regenerate golden cards for crafting and the other schools can just make their golden cards ,for like example myth they have both of the required cards for crafting, all of the schools have cards that help them make cards that are required for high level armor and teleporters but life nothing no regenerate golden cards ,when so many life recipes require regerate golden cards, its a huge disadvantage over all of the other schools. i would really love to see an update that the pvp pets would be different than pet pavilion pets that are bought with arena tickets. i know this is a lot to offer but new crafting stuff for wysteria land. i really did not like the fact that the housing shop in wysteria sells only reagents its a housing shop not a crafting shop it could use some more housing stuff it is quite plain for no housing stuff once-soever. and the thing i disliked about wysteria is that a lot of the stores lie about what they say like for example in on it said decks in here i go in but no decks are sold. AND THE PET STORE in wysteria says pets not pet snacks it should have both. and rare armor that would be cool would be class only cards armor for if you want to train in that school it gives you the cards for that school and lets say you used fir dragon by armor if you had fire mastery amulet it would treat you like you were that school with all the cards you want to put in for that school only card, and each one is like the amulet for out of class cards. i think it would be cool to have a rare location inside haunted cave inside the door with the skull on it that nobody knows whats behind it with a discontinued items armor and pets and if there is any discontinued houses but most of it costs crowns.or secret school that's in celestia or zafaria behind a secret entrance that requires a quest to unlock secret room in celestia or zafaria that sells all class pets of your school and has a password spot to enter other schools passwords to unlock them and get their pets too and secret fights that have secret badges and the more you unlock the funner ,but harder the boss fights get.and all the schools but myth could use more powerful minions that have way more health but cost more pips.ooh it would be cool if there were some dungeons in the future that made pets be like minions for these dungeons and for people can enter but everyone is required to have a pet equipped and bosses will have extra monsters to even the fights up. i would love to see class only dungeons for all levels.,myth has some i was hoping the other schools could get some more class only dungeons for multi players . what i would really love to see is rank 10 plants that are harder to master plus give better loot. ooh class only gardening plants would be cool. and all pets have at least one hybrid, if not a hybrid all have some. i would love it if there was a hybrid for leprechaun with fairy to make a new pet and a leprechaun with helephant new hybrid , new ways to connect houses by teleporter by account rather than only for that wizard but all wizards of yours that have houses you can connect together. ooh i would love it you made a pet breeding house that you can breed by account not only by yourself and others but with account breeding and a seed combining room that you can combine seeds to make new seeds but some of seed combines cost crowns for very rare seeds.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
My favorite addition was Wintertusk.

My least favorite thing is that I no longer have an energetic fun jump. Now I hop like lame elephant. :(

Administrator
Thanks all! New FF coming up shortly!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea