Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 12-9-11

AuthorMessage
Administrator
As we are settling down (just a little) for a long winter's nap (brrrrr!), I just wanted to take a moment to thank all of you for another great year of sharing feedback! We love to hear what you have to say! And now, the last Feedback Friday of 2011 - we want this to run for a while to get a lot of your thoughts and input, and we'll be back in January to start another great year! ::grin::

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

So, we want to hear about all of 2011. What is the favorite thing we've added to the Spiral since January and why? What is the least favorite thing we've added and why?

Please be considerate and constructive when giving negative feedback. Saying you didn't like something because it stinks doesn't help - but giving a reason why helps us understand what you didn't like about it!

Looking forward to reviewing these with the staff next year! I hope you have a wonderful and happy Holiday! Stay warm and safe out there!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Delver
Jun 21, 2009
One of my favorite things you add is the new underwater level. Because, building on to the existing lower levels was one of my suggestions. Maybe there could be more, like a sky addition to Unicorn Way. Though, there is something you haven't added is a more detailed tutorial which is needed. Something like how each attck,charm, shield, and over-time spell is used effectivily. I know the duel master trains people on a general over view. But, I am speaking about more detail.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
My favorite thing is Zafaria because I think it's fun. And my least favorite thing is the new henchmen, I would like them to at least look like wizards again.

Caroline Sunbright level 66 life

Defender
Nov 11, 2008
Favorite- Zafaria. I really liked the Zoo in Stonetown. Although I thought the prices for some crown items were unfair, I really liked this expantion. Also, I was disappointed when we didn't actually ride the boats that lead to different areas.

Least Favorite- The Hoard Packs. It seem just like gambling to me.

Thank you.

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
EVERYTHING!
i had to get that out of my system.

Blaze Gem Level 65 Pryomancer

Keep the Flame going
till the end of time

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
My favorite addition is the new worlds of Zafaria. Other than that i really dont have an opinion about everything else.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2010
Professor Falmea wrote:
As we are settling down (just a little) for a long winter's nap (brrrrr!), I just wanted to take a moment to thank all of you for another great year of sharing feedback! We love to hear what you have to say! And now, the last Feedback Friday of 2011 - we want this to run for a while to get a lot of your thoughts and input, and we'll be back in January to start another great year! ::grin::

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

So, we want to hear about all of 2011. What is the favorite thing we've added to the Spiral since January and why? What is the least favorite thing we've added and why?

Please be considerate and constructive when giving negative feedback. Saying you didn't like something because it stinks doesn't help - but giving a reason why helps us understand what you didn't like about it!

Looking forward to reviewing these with the staff next year! I hope you have a wonderful and happy Holiday! Stay warm and safe out there!

To be quite honesty, I like everything! From Celestian Houses to WinterTusk and then farther expanding our Spiral Knowledge to Wysteria and Zafaria. I also LOVED the fact we could re-do our Hallowe'en Quest! So far everything in the Spiral is looking up, hope to see more new worlds and new adventures!
~Laura Ashthief

Explorer
Dec 23, 2009
i think the best thing added to the spiral this year is probably the armor piercing ability!!! it definatley makes it easier to defeat enemies with lot's of resistance. and i don't have a least favorite thing about the spiral!!! everything is awesome

Colin dragonhunter level 49 pyromancer

Blaze life level 58 theurgest

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
The best thing Kings Isle added this year is a tough one. Depending on what life is throwing at me I play for different reasons and will appreciate or rather, spend enough time on certain parts of the game more than others to appreciate different things at different times. But when I really focus on it, the first thing I think about is Winter Tusk.

Winter Tusk was great, I love the Nordic atmosphere and things relating to that culture. The troll enemies and such were a joy to interact/fight with. I got a powerful aggressive minion and amazing Gear from the Water Works. Winter Tusk was the launch pad for all of that it seems. So yes, this was the best addition all year I say.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
Professor Falmea wrote:

Falmea, what I have loved the most is the Zafaria expansion and all the new gear, because I was getting kind of bored wandering around Celestia. However, I did not like the fact that there was a higher critical rating gear, but even with 191 critical rating I barely ever critical. It is kinda annoying, and there should be a backup damage or something.

-William Deathhead, lvl 70 necromancer

Defender
Feb 28, 2011
MercMissionary wrote:
One of my favorite things you add is the new underwater level. Because, building on to the existing lower levels was one of my suggestions. Maybe there could be more, like a sky addition to Unicorn Way. Though, there is something you haven't added is a more detailed tutorial which is needed. Something like how each attck,charm, shield, and over-time spell is used effectivily. I know the duel master trains people on a general over view. But, I am speaking about more detail.

I agree with this, as I have yet to figure out just what the conviction spell is suppose to do and I have it in treasure cards but never use it since I dont know what it does. I search wizard101central.com/wiki for lots of info and maybe i'm just an airhead mom who isnt grasping something simple, idk. :) I'm also afraid to cast a doom and gloom spell because I dont really know if this lowers the damage enemies (death) cast on us or if it affects our own healing ability :( LOL, I finally get the taunt thing, I had stopped using my minotaur minion because he casts that all the time and I just thought he was being useless, now I know he's trying to draw enemy attack away from us :)

Survivor
May 12, 2009
I know many people would disagree, but my favorite thing was probably the booster packs (dragons hoard,wyverns hoard, nightmare, etc,) because of the really good things i got from them. I also loved Zafaria. My least favorite update was definitely the henchmen prices going up 350+ crowns.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Favorite thing:
If I had to choose 1 thing that was my favorite, it would be the making Cheating Bosses mandatory in Zafaria. This shows that the game is truly evolving and that the enemies are getting stronger and that KingsIsle has faith in their Wizards, Community, and the Families of players to help each other.

Least Favorite thing added:
I'd probably have to say how the stats on the Zafarian Legendary Crafted Gear is Worse than the Wintertusk Grandmaster Crafted Gear.

Constructive Criticism about something NOT added:
I'd probably have to say that the Least Favorite thing of the year would be the fact that you guys didn't continue the Briskbreeze Tower Storyline for a second year in a row... Sorry, I know that its a 'Side Area' but it was introduced in October 2009 and I thought for sure you would have released a continuation on it either last year or this year...

Explorer
Mar 13, 2009
My favorite addition was the Wintertusk world. The graphics were amazing and the animation of Grandmother Raven was awesome. The bosses and mobs were a challenge but not frustrating and the drops were incredible.

My least favorite is the packs. While there is a possibility of getting good items I think the temptation to try " just one more" can be just a little too much for some players. Perhaps a limit per day would help with that.

All in all I think this was an Outstanding year for Wizard and I look forward to the new challenges of 2012!

Explorer
May 29, 2009
There are a couple of great things added to the spiral this year!

My first favorite is obviously Zafaria and all of its jungle inhabitants.

My second favorite would be the mountainous region of Wintertusk where the Coven finally got what they deserved! 8)

My third favorite thing was the addition of the Celestia Housing.

My final favorite spiral addition would be the new rank 9 spells, new class pets, and the new spells that were introduced with Wintertusk.

However i just have one least favorite thing added to the spiral: :?

That would be the world of Wysteria and here's why; the storyline seemed a little short for my taste, i felt that there could've been more added to the world in terms of areas and creatures as well as main line quests.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
I would say the best thing added this year wa the Sunken Palace house! I Always wanted my Wizard to live Under Water! :D
My least favorite thing would be Wysteria. Although it comes with a Legendary Tower, it is kinda time consuming, and isnt very fun.
Thank you for a great year, Kingsisle, and for many years to come!

Explorer
Nov 23, 2008
Well, Falmea, Everyone thinks everything is perfect. :-) I personally like the way KI has actually involved quests for higher levels in Wintertusk for a spell, only because it's a side world. I also like the new world Zafaria. I just hope you can involve other worlds in the future also.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
The best thing in my opinion is the new level 35 and 55 spells. I just love to see new utility spells added, since it rarely happens. As for the least favorite. What I dislike is all these high level spells that have been parking themselves in the game. They cost way to many pips and don't have great enough effects. Plus, the new gear isn't the best thing either, because it does not grant great enough health and attack power.

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
My favorite thing since ki added was: Wysteria! It was so easy! (kind of with the champs) I only liked their shirt that Wysteria had. But I really liked it!

My least favorite thing since ki added was: Zafaria. Reason why because ki said "Zafaria is going to be realeased by the end of the year." I'm not saying it stinks. Its just that they said it was gonna be realeased by the end of the year.

(Going off topic ) Falmea this was a great Feedback Friday! I cant wait until the New year! Merry Christmas to all wizards and professers!

Delver
Aug 10, 2009
Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
I for one, and I probably share this opinion with several others, do not like how cheating bosses are now mandatory for story quests. I truly think they should remain in optional dungeons, lust like the bosses from the waterworks and tower of the helephant did. If you want my suggestion on how to fix this, I reccomend de-cheating all the cheating bosses required for storyline quests, and then making some new dungeons with bosses that cheat in the exact same way as they used to. If that seems too much to ask, I'm perfectly okay if you just do something similar to those five pylons in Stormriven. Either way, the story quests stay simple, but the history of those beutiful cheats are preserved.

This reminds me, I would also like to see some bosses with the same cheats the final bosses from each world before Celestia (Lord Nightshade, Krokopatra, Meowiarty, Jade Oni, and Malistare) used to have. Just a thought.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
With all the great things added this year, I would have to say Zafaria is my favorite. I love the atmosphere and the 'book' quest for that world was fabulous.

My least favorite addition was Wysteria. There was too much running around and not enough action. Although I enjoy a challenge and don't mind cheating bosses, I think the Helephant tower was too much cheating. A fizzle causing a skeletal dragon was extreme, especially when the boss used myth imp.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 70 Life

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
I think the Wintertusk addition was my favorite. The story line and graphics were great. The difficulty level was about what you would expect for that level of wizard and the rewards for battles and quests were in line for a natural progression. The experience given for the quests might have been a bit much considering it was a side world, but overall it was wonderful. Waterworks was one of the few dungeons that I did not mind farming either, and I generally hate farming. Although I don't farm it nearly as much now that it no longer regularly drops mega snacks.

I also love Zafaria. Again the graphics and story line are wonderful. The Mirror Lake dungeon is quite a challenge although the rest of the world seemed a bit easier than one would expect for level 60 and up wizards. Perhaps the bosses and mobs needed a bit more health, but then that is also balanced somewhat against the pips they start out with. Not sure which way I'd like to see that go. I also liked the quests that tied into the gardening aspects.

I've also really enjoyed the Sultan's Palace and Sun Palace housing bundle cards that were released this year. The pets and mounts from those are awesome and the houses themselves are stunning. The gear going forward for those should however have a level increase to them up to level 70.

As far as things that I don't like from 2011, hmm. I didn't care for the quests that have such low drop rates for the collect so many of this item. To me that is just useless farming. I understand the need for having things in the game to draw out the content and make it last a bit, but perhaps another more challenging way could be found? I've seen puzzles mentioned, so that might be a possibility.

Also the crafted gear and even the dropped gear for Zafaria seems out of line with what would be expected for our high level wizards. Even though we don't have level 70 gear yet, the level 68 gear doesn't seem to put us at the same ability level that we achieved at level 58 with Celestia. Then when waterworks level 60 gear came out, we saw another improvement and it is currently the best gear in the game. I'd like to see better that would continue that progression as has already been suggested in the message boards.

Otherwise, thanks for another great year KI. There have been some ups and downs and disappointments in the game over the year, but overall, I still love the game. Thank you so much for your efforts.

Defender
Feb 28, 2011
Professor Falmea,

Can you please tell me why several of my postings have not appeared as of yet? I cant see that it's because there were a ton that had to be read first because 2 or 3 of my posts were sent before any other posts were up except yours, and a few were after the 1 reply I made that you did happen to post but they were still at least 2 days ago. Is there something i'm doing wrong with my feedback friday posts that isnt getting them posted?

I'm starting to feel heart broken that my postings arent good enough to post here (maybe you dont like me for some reason since i'm not a fire student?? ) but everything i've put in as a post on Harold Argleston's ideas welcome page has been posted very next day, and all that i've sent him too if I'm remembering all that I posted there.

I'm the type of person that kinda gets stressed and bummed if i'm doing something wrong but dont know what it is so I cant fix it. So please let me know why you didnt post my replies. Thank you so very much :)

Taryn RavenHeart

Administrator
TarynHeart wrote:
Professor Falmea,

Can you please tell me why several of my postings have not appeared as of yet? I cant see that it's because there were a ton that had to be read first because 2 or 3 of my posts were sent before any other posts were up except yours, and a few were after the 1 reply I made that you did happen to post but they were still at least 2 days ago. Is there something i'm doing wrong with my feedback friday posts that isnt getting them posted?

I'm starting to feel heart broken that my postings arent good enough to post here (maybe you dont like me for some reason since i'm not a fire student?? ) but everything i've put in as a post on Harold Argleston's ideas welcome page has been posted very next day, and all that i've sent him too if I'm remembering all that I posted there.

I'm the type of person that kinda gets stressed and bummed if i'm doing something wrong but dont know what it is so I cant fix it. So please let me know why you didnt post my replies. Thank you so very much :)

Taryn RavenHeart

Taryn you repeatedly posted subjects that were offtopic of the question. The purpose of the Feedback Friday is only to answer the question put forth to you. All other idea submissions should be their own separate posts. Here is our Code of Conduct: https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/codeofconduct

Why didn't my post show up at all?
Posts are rejected for a variety of reasons, including but not limited to:
'hijacking' a thread (changing the subject)

community@wizard101.com