Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cheat warning

AuthorMessage
Squire
Dec 21, 2008
They should warn you when a boss you have to defeat cheats. I got freaked out on one boss because of not knowing about the cheating. Tell me what you think about telling us if a boss cheats or not.

Caroline Sunbright level 66 life

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Yes, but I don't think the warning should say exactly what the boss does to cheat. Just something simple like "Be careful wizard... the boss you are about to face has found ways to cheat at magic!". That would work just fine.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Rihanna12 wrote:
They should warn you when a boss you have to defeat cheats. I got freaked out on one boss because of not knowing about the cheating. Tell me what you think about telling us if a boss cheats or not.

Well, they do have that for Wysteria, but Wysteria is a Low Level Side World. I think you should just expect a boss to have cheats in Zafaria and beyond. He usually tells you something about his cheat before you go into battle with him the first time.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
eggywig wrote:
Yes, but I don't think the warning should say exactly what the boss does to cheat. Just something simple like "Be careful wizard... the boss you are about to face has found ways to cheat at magic!". That would work just fine.

Well, I wasn't saying it should say how they cheat. I was just saying it would tell you if it cheats at all.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Johnist wrote:
Rihanna12 wrote:

Well, they do have that for Wysteria, but Wysteria is a Low Level Side World. I think you should just expect a boss to have cheats in Zafaria and beyond. He usually tells you something about his cheat before you go into battle with him the first time.

Some don't cheat and some do though.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I'm not really a fan of cheating bosses only because if you don't have good help you have a go in and die a few times to get the routine figured out.

I guess it's to make play a little more interesting because you have to develop a stradigy to get though it and impossible to help a menu chat person with.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
Squire
Dec 21, 2008
hobi wrote:
after Marleybone i think all bosses cheat until proven other wise.

I thought they start cheating after you finish Dragonspyre (Excluding places like the Warehouse, Briskbreeze, Waterworks, etc.). But I could be wrong

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Rihanna12 wrote:
hobi wrote:

I thought they start cheating after you finish Dragonspyre (Excluding places like the Warehouse, Briskbreeze, Waterworks, etc.). But I could be wrong

Meowiarty RARELY cheats, but he has in the past.

And if you pay attention to the pop ups that bosses say before you fight, if a boss is about to cheat, he'll TELL you about his cheat.

Survivor
Jan 10, 2010
eggywig wrote:

i agree
Noah Dragon lvl 68

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Guys, I was saying that I was freaking out because I thought they were regular. Not because I didn't know how they cheated.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Johnist wrote:
Rihanna12 wrote:

They sometimes don't though. But I know that Drum Jungle boss who said "Unaltered spells don't even scratch my fur" said it.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2011
I got a boss in Zumunda, Zafaria that cheats he is Shaka Zebu Rank lvl 10 boss (Balance). He healed himself 11 times with Saytr an still sent damage spells straight after the heals, he is over 7000. I didn't have anyone to help me so now I've died twice lol. By the way he has a side kick that is life an over 2000. Good luck to all with this one if u dont have help. :-)

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
jj007111 wrote:
I got a boss in Zumunda, Zafaria that cheats he is Shaka Zebu Rank lvl 10 boss (Balance). He healed himself 11 times with Saytr an still sent damage spells straight after the heals, he is over 7000. I didn't have anyone to help me so now I've died twice lol. By the way he has a side kick that is life an over 2000. Good luck to all with this one if u dont have help. :-)

uh, yeah, Shaka Zebu is EASY...
Equip a JEWEL OF THE FEINT.
Place 75% Feint and 70% Feint (regular) on Shaka Zebu. Blade up as Normal, Hit him for death in 1 hit.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Squire
Dec 21, 2008
hunteray09 wrote:
I like finding it out myself. Makes me use my brain

Not HOW they cheat, if they cheat at all.

Survivor
May 25, 2009
jj007111 wrote:
Wow, I hate cheating bosses, and that sounds HARD. I am in Zamunda (check my level and lol) and have to fight a flipping 20 guys, rhinos and wizard elephants, myth and moon with a death shield. GOSH i had no idea Zamunda would be so hard and long. Cheats are tough, i'm going to need a full pack of people for that guy. The trick i believe is to power up then unleash a powerful 1-hit kill. Thanks 4 warning me! :D

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
Shaka Zebu is extremely hard, mainly because he is the first cheating boss that is balance. With correct deck comp you dont need to summon minions or henchmen.
His cheats:
Casts 600 damage base meteor every four turns.
While his minion is alive, it will heal him with a free satyr every turn after he has taken damage until he is once again at full health.

Shaka has access to both of the tri-shields for balance. Most people have there way around them but he does cast the spells a bunch. I faced him for the first time as a balance (I have a myth but he transcended before reaching this quest so I stopped questing on him). I also am level 68 and have access to the Chimera spell. I set my deck up with many fire shields and tower shields. 4 faries and 5 helping hands. I also have a pet with spritely. I have the waterworks gear along with the balance ring and dagger from level 56 that gives bonus balance damage and block. My piggle gives me about bonus damage and overall from my gear I have 77 bonus damage to balance.
My deck comp is 3 judges to kill the minion then 4 chimeras for the boss. I have 4 of each blade and trap I have access to that would assist me in chimera. aslo it has a bunch of shields that give a fire shield and 6 towershields. Kill minion first, with as little blades and traps as possible. Then use about 3-4 just to shield, before you start blading the last thing you should use is fortify. Make sure you have treasure shatters in your deck. blade and trap fully, so that you kill him. Use a shatter and then attempt to kill him. The battle seems less complicated then it actually is. You will probably drop below a thousand health, especially if you are storm
Good luck
Talon Ashgem 68 legendary sorcerer

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Johnist wrote:
jj007111 wrote:

uh, yeah, Shaka Zebu is EASY...
Equip a JEWEL OF THE FEINT.
Place 75% Feint and 70% Feint (regular) on Shaka Zebu. Blade up as Normal, Hit him for death in 1 hit.

He might not be for other people though

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
I agree too! My wizard is one step away from reaching Celestia, and I bet even she isn't eager to face cheating bosses. I've already had a MAJOR fail on the boss you have to defeat to get the key to Celestia, which is not a good omen for future bosses to come. And, I've also heard that some bosses don't cheat, and yet some do. I think the least Kingsisle can do is have some NPC pop-up, like in Wysteria, to warn us that a cheating or non-cheating boss is up ahead. When my wizard was first starting out in Wysteria, I had not idea cheating bosses even exsisted. When I got that pop-up, it sure saved me some failure and possible yells of, "What? WHAT? How did he do that? He skipped my turn! WHAT?!"

Courtney Starstone
Level 46
Master Theurgist
Savior of the Spiral

Survivor
Jun 03, 2010
hobi wrote:
I wouldn't like that, cheating bosses are really annoying, but it would be easy to expect, but i still think it should only start after DS.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
azami104 wrote:
I agree too! My wizard is one step away from reaching Celestia, and I bet even she isn't eager to face cheating bosses. I've already had a MAJOR fail on the boss you have to defeat to get the key to Celestia, which is not a good omen for future bosses to come. And, I've also heard that some bosses don't cheat, and yet some do. I think the least Kingsisle can do is have some NPC pop-up, like in Wysteria, to warn us that a cheating or non-cheating boss is up ahead. When my wizard was first starting out in Wysteria, I had not idea cheating bosses even exsisted. When I got that pop-up, it sure saved me some failure and possible yells of, "What? WHAT? How did he do that? He skipped my turn! WHAT?!"

Courtney Starstone
Level 46
Master Theurgist
Savior of the Spiral

Which boss do you have to fight for the key to Celestia? Are you talking about the Warehouse? If you are, that Warehouse was just an option you know. You actually have to fight Malistaire to get to Celestia.