Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Get over people spamming storm shields...

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 06, 2010
Ok look, sure literally EVERYONE uses storm shield (from training Ice up to tower shield), but it seems that people have forgotten about that one useful spell that is absolutely perfect. No, I'm not talking about fire elf mutate. Here's exactly what you need:

Wait for it..............

STORM PRISM.

Wow!! It's as if NO ONE has thought to use this... It doesnt matter if you have to add the max number allowed, add them!!

While the person is busy spamming shields (and not blading or attacking), you (the storm) can easily blade once, and then wait till THE TURN BEFORE you attack, and use a prism... It's honestly that simple.

So quit begging KI for a DoT, and learn to use the spell you got at like lvl 12 (I forget). And if, for some odd reason, you STILL want a DoT, then train fire up to fire elf (2 training points) and buy storm elf mutates from the bazaar....

Sidenote: I'm probably the only pyromance that carries a copy of prism; sometimes I dont wanna waste blades on "fire elf-ing" the shields when Efreet is rdy.

Ellie Silverleaf lvl 61 life.
Ellie Ghostblade lvl 70 balance.
Ellie Rosethorn lvl 68 death.
Ellie Duskbreeze lvl 70 fire.
Ellie Emeraldmancer lvl 68 ice.
Ellie Stone lvl 54 STORM.
Ellie Grove lvl 9 myth. (lol).

Survivor
Jun 14, 2011
kamarynjelise wrote:
Ok look, sure literally EVERYONE uses storm shield (from training Ice up to tower shield), but it seems that people have forgotten about that one useful spell that is absolutely perfect. No, I'm not talking about fire elf mutate. Here's exactly what you need:

STORM PRISM.

Wow!! It's as if NO ONE has thought to use this... It doesnt matter if you have to add the max number allowed, add them!!

While the person is busy spamming shields (and not blading or attacking), you (the storm) can easily blade once, and then wait till THE TURN BEFORE you attack, and use a prism... It's honestly that simple.

So quit begging KI for a DoT, and learn to use the spell you got at like lvl 12 (I forget). And if, for some odd reason, you STILL want a DoT, then train fire up to fire elf (2 training points) and buy storm elf mutates from the bazaar....

Sidenote: I'm probably the only pyromance that carries a copy of prism; sometimes I dont wanna waste blades on "fire elf-ing" the shields when Efreet is rdy.

yes i know this might sound silly i'm a death student but i also carry around (sometimes if i have some/one) storm shields in my treasure card deck and place it in the to us treasure cards. i would say "young wizards" should do this more often it would help a ton. especially when it comes to !STORM WIZARDS! thank you ellie(s) (i didnt want to type all the last names of the ellies') i would say this is a useful tag of information for every "wizard" in the "wizard world" and i would also like to say something about the prisim shields, it seems no one (in my point of view if you were to ask me) i would say i mostly only see NO ONE using there shields
emma raincloud 49 death

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Hmm, prisms don't matter if your opponent is spamming Towers. And most heavy hitting storm wizards at later levels, because of the raw power they get from gear alone, carry storm wands for a free 170+ strike.

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
kamarynjelise wrote:

STORM PRISM.

You very wrong, if you put a prism and the other player puts another shield than again you will have to put another prism... Storm elf is so weak and it is only good for 1v1, yes does it job at tacking off shields... But what Storm will go against 1v1? Not me.

I think Storm truly does deserve a over time damage spell...

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Hi. Personally, I don't find Prism as effective as its all made up to be. A well placed Myth shield or Storm shield easily counters its effects. I use an array of cards to clear shields: Shatter treasures, Lightning Elf treasures, and my pet's card, Storm Beetle. I also find Wild Bolt useful for this, and if the need arises, I will use a Storm Shark. I'm fine with people shielding because, in their position, so would I, so I don't blame them. A wise opponent shields, a wise Storm counters it.

Cya in the Spiral,

Pauk Stormglade, Transcended Diviner

Go Sparks!

Defender
Feb 06, 2010
bionaknight wrote:
Hi. Personally, I don't find Prism as effective as its all made up to be. A well placed Myth shield or Storm shield easily counters its effects. I use an array of cards to clear shields: Shatter treasures, Lightning Elf treasures, and my pet's card, Storm Beetle. I also find Wild Bolt useful for this, and if the need arises, I will use a Storm Shark. I'm fine with people shielding because, in their position, so would I, so I don't blame them. A wise opponent shields, a wise Storm counters it.

Cya in the Spiral,

Pauk Stormglade, Transcended Diviner

Go Sparks!

This thread was for people who COMPLAIN about others using storm shields because they have no "clear way" to get around them. Kudos to you for being able to effectively use your deck.

Defender
Feb 06, 2010
CorbinW wrote:
Hmm, prisms don't matter if your opponent is spamming Towers. And most heavy hitting storm wizards at later levels, because of the raw power they get from gear alone, carry storm wands for a free 170+ strike.

I believe my thread said STORM SHIELDS. And Tower shield is what wand is for. Also, storm can effectively kill THROUGH tower shield.

Some storms don't like carrying storm wand b/c it removes blade.

Also, my thread was geared towards the people who feel they are "doomed" to face storm shields.

Survivor
Sep 11, 2010
Defender
Jun 14, 2010
CorbinW wrote:

If the opponent is spamming tower shields, then just use some other school's DoT. Storm really doesn't need one. I (and I don't know if other necromancers do this) carry around copies of spirit shield, dream shield, and the storm/fire shield. But, what are the odds of a person pulling up all three at once in a deck with 65+ cards in it when they only have 4 (at most) of each

Storm shields never really have been a problem.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
LOL, of course I will spam storm shields, along with every other shield I have trained, in PvP. Storm shields always go up first and then alternate with towers, as those diviners have a nasty habit of casting wild or insane bolt right off, in an attempt to win the battle without having to use strategy.

In fact, my pvp deck is over 1/2 defense spells.

Heck, I spent the training points to get ALL of the school shields. Why wouldn't I use them to protect myself while I build pips for the winning spell?

Qbb/Iridian/Rowan/Moira/Scarlet

Explorer
Mar 15, 2011
Daviato wrote:
kamarynjelise wrote:

STORM PRISM.

You very wrong, if you put a prism and the other player puts another shield than again you will have to put another prism... Storm elf is so weak and it is only good for 1v1, yes does it job at tacking off shields... But what Storm will go against 1v1? Not me.

Given their raw power and the ability to do a thousand plus damage for two pips, sorry but they don't. You're wrong.

Defender
Feb 03, 2009
Storm has a DoT..and its a good one. Storm Hound. KI even put it on an amulet finally. 130 dam per pip for three rounds. My PvP deck is based around it, Lightning Bats, Colossal, Amplify and Tower Shield.

Prisms work great against AI Bosses, but tend to get tangled up against a thinking opponent.

Defender
Feb 06, 2010
Daviato wrote:

Sigh, if you (the storm) are FIRST in pvp, you won't have to worry about the person using another storm shield after prism because the other person won't have a chance to.

And as I mentioned in the original post, who CARES if you have to add the max number allowed and SPAM them, quit asking KI for something they don't want to add obviously.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
kamarynjelise wrote:

STORM PRISM.

If you use Storm Prism after the Storm Shield it's useless, but Storm wizards need to get over it. Every single school has to deal with shields, and Storm can hit a pretty high blast even with shields.

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
kamarynjelise wrote:
Daviato wrote:

Sigh, if you (the storm) is FIRST in pvp, you won't have to worry about the person using another storm shield after prism because the other person won't have a chance to.

And as I mentioned in the original post, who CARES if you have to add the max number allowed and SPAM them, quit asking KI for something they don't want to add obviously.

Well that's very unfair we the only ones stuck with shields, while Fire, Ice, and Myth and get to do REAL damage.

I'm sorry but we do need a over time damage, it won't be our first either because storm hound is over time damage Storm spell.

What people don't seem to understand is that, Storm needs a over time damage spell that will hit every enemy. Something similar to Rain of Fire.

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
kamarynjelise wrote:

STORM PRISM.

While every school can boots for attacks, Storm have to take their turns taking shields off!

We cant even boost or defend our-self! That's really mess up and unfair.

YES we as Storm need higher damage DoT spell! It wont be our first over time damage spell! We have Storm Hound, is good but low damage...

Storm wizards are tired of facing volcanic and glacial shields!

We cant simply do any damage! While other schools can do better damage...

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
joujou11cool wrote:
If you use Storm Prism after the Storm Shield it's useless, but Storm wizards need to get over it. Every single school has to deal with shields, and Storm can hit a pretty high blast even with shields.

Dude every school can do better damage because they have over time damage spells, Storm which supposedly do great amount of damage is not even doing any damage!

Lets face it, and it is true...

Defender
Feb 06, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:

False. You always use the prism/convert AFTER there is a storm shield, but if there's a myth shield there, you'll need to wand it away or something.

Bottom line: If you use convert/prism before someone even shields, it's completely useless.

Yes storm wizards, and all other wizards out there, get a WAND of the OPPOSITE SCHOOL.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
SHHHHHHHHHH!
i dont want any storm to hear this so they cant use it so i can still keep beating them lol.

Defender
Feb 06, 2010
Daviato wrote:

While every school can boots for attacks, Storm have to take their turns taking shields off!

We cant even boost or defend our-self! That's really mess up and unfair.

YES we as Storm need higher damage DoT spell! It wont be our first over time damage spell! We have Storm Hound, is good but low damage...

Storm wizards are tired of facing volcanic and glacial shields!

We cant simply do any damage! While other schools can do better damage...

Sigh, Life doesn't have a DoT either, and while I realize no one really carries Life shields, EVERYONE has the option to.

That's just it, every school has to face shields; it's just how the game is. And that is why every school gets a prism spell. Sure, its the not the best spell out there, but it helps.

Explorer
Mar 15, 2011
kamarynjelise wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

False. You always use the prism/convert AFTER there is a storm shield, but if there's a myth shield there, you'll need to wand it away or something.

lol

Keep thinking that. Please

For the last time: Storm wizards do not deserve an over time spell.

For one thing it directly contradicts the Storm motto: Big Damage Quick.

Other thing being overpowered in PvP, who in PvE wants to sit around watching Storm's overpowered over time spell finish off the enemy?

Not I.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Daviato wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

Dude every school can do better damage because they have over time damage spells, Storm which supposedly do great amount of damage is not even doing any damage!

Rofl, lol sorry, we're talking about storm, right? Let me explain: Storm Lord: 690 Damage and stun AoE. Fire Dragon: 440 + 351 damage over time. Actual damage: 791. Add a Pyromancer's average boost, and you get: 1265.6. For a Diviners average boost of 85: 1276.5. Not much, but: Let's say this Diviner has a boost of 95%, like I do. 690+95%=1345.5. Drastic increase, and the damage is hardly different at boosts like 89% and 91% (I know, i've been at those boost levels before). Not to mention stun, AND the fact that Dragon can be negated by Triage, etc. Also, make a few comparisons like Helephant to Triton, Stormzilla to Phoenix, and so on. It's my opinion that everythings fine the way it is.

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
jojowild23 wrote:
Daviato wrote:
kamarynjelise wrote:

STORM PRISM.

Given their raw power and the ability to do a thousand plus damage for two pips, sorry but they don't. You're wrong.

Your right and I should know I have a storm, I don't think storm deserves a DoT because they want it to abuse it power and for completely the wrong reason.

Aaron Drakewalker Transcended Pyromancer

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
Daviato wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

I really feel that the once very exciting school storm is now filled with nothing, but greedy children who think they can get anything they want in life or in a game handed to them because they love wasting money on a game. If your a complaining adult you shouldn't because you should have a job which keeps you busy a lot, you have kids to take care of, and on your freetime could play W101, but not so much that you complain about PvP issues. If your teens or kids haven't you heard of child obessity? Get off the computer and go outside and play, or read a book if you can't!

Aaron Drakewalker Transcended Pyromancer

Armiger
May 10, 2010
jojowild23 wrote:
kamarynjelise wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

lol

Keep thinking that. Please

For the last time: Storm wizards do not deserve an over time spell.

For one thing it directly contradicts the Storm motto: Big Damage Quick.

Other thing being overpowered in PvP, who in PvE wants to sit around watching Storm's overpowered over time spell finish off the enemy?

Not I.

JoJoWild, please go check, because you are wrong if you think that Kamarynjelise is incorrect. If a storm shield is cast first, you can use a prism to go around the storm shield! However, if a myth shield is cast first and then the prism, you must remove the myth shield or the myth shield will be activated. If a storm shield is placed after the prism, then the storm shield will activate.

Storm does not deserve an over time spell? Then other schools do not deserve the increase in power and health that they have been getting.

As of late, storm has been getting a decrease in power, a decrease in the power of their spells, and yet, no substancial increase in health.

You say you dont like to watch storm kill everything in PvP or PvE, but it is storms job to attack quickly, since they have the least amount of resistance, critical block, and health. If Storm had a DoT spell, that would work over time, giving others a chance to blade up and attack for a change.

Also, there is Triage, which nullifies DoT affects.

Every school has gotten good increases, yet storm keeps getting decreased and yet, get nothing back to compensate, no health, no good minion, didn't get more critical block or resistance.

Again, I ask that people that post, please check your facts before you tell someone that they are wrong.