Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance pvp, really? part 2

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
PLEASE READ FIRST THREAD BEFORE READING THIS.

KI changed spells to satisfy you, and you're still blaming THEM for YOUR ideas to change! Stop finding someone else to blame! I know people don't like to blame themselves, but if you're complaining about wild/insane bolt now, you should be satisfied with your change. In my opinion, pvp will end up like this. People blaming KI for how pvp is when they've changed it. Stop blaming other people for your choices. It was your way of changing it. Kingsisle is the only game company I know that actually listens and takes feedback seriously. Have you ever had a game where something's wrong and it's unfair and then you want to tell them to change it? And then you looked for somewhere to contact the game creator but no such luck? KI listens to your feedback, takes it seriously, takes their time to change it while they could be hanging out with their families or their friends just to satisfy you, and when you go back to check on it, you think it's worse so you start to blame them and say that they've made the bad change. Whose the one who wanted the change? Whose the one that wanted that? Whose the one who said it's currently terrible change it? Whose the one who agreed to change it? If you were doing that, and you found it was worse, you quickly look for someone to blame. You blame KI for listening to your thoughts and how they should change it, then you complain that you want it back. That's why pvp is the best it can be the way it is. As I've heard this saying many times: If it's not broken, then don't fix it. Pvp wasn't ever broken in the whole history of when it started, so don't try to fix it. Don't try to make it your own way. The only reason people complained that Chimera was too weak was because their damage boost was low. Well, I've got around 80% damage boost, and I hit more then any other spell with it. Before the change I still did.

Here's what they've changed: Chimera: It used to be too weak and they boosted it by 30 damage each head and all of the sudden it's overpowered! Sirens: It never did really hit hard, it was just that you didn't choose to shield. Wild Bolt: They had the right to change it, Storm wizards were going for accuracy boosts and the Malistaire gear boosted up the most back then, so they kept on getting that gear and spammed it like crazy, putting only Stormblades and shields and heals and 7 Wild Bolts in their decks. Insane Bolt was a back-up spell for it because of all the complaints about the new change, Storm was NEVER meant to use Wild Bolt as their only spell and win all the time with it. Now, those spells still have complaints don't they? There are some very convincing posts of how to change pvp:

Make some spells pvp-only
Make a whole new generation of spells and make them pvp-only
Restart every single spell of the game and make it new
Make some gear pvp-only for gold
Only pvp gear for pvp
No treasure cards in pvp
No mastery amulets in pvp
No waterworks gear in pvp

Some are pretty convincing right? I'll explain the good and the bad for each:

Some spells pvp-only: Good- The super strong spells would be tooken out of your deck. Bad- That would drain out strategy and you'd have to buy a whole new deck for pvp.
Only pvp only spells: Good- Pvp would take longer and all schools would have same spells in their deck. Bad- Everyone would have to regain strategy and make their gear go with their spells all over again and some crowns gear would be useless.
Pvp only gear for gold, no treasures, no waterworks gear, no mastery amulets: Good- No more surprises and hard hits. Bad- Restrategize, most people would quit the game or blame KI for them wasting their crowns on the mastery amulets for nothing, blaming them for buying treasure card packs for nothing, farming in the waterworks gear for nothing
Only pvp gear for pvp: Good- Everyone would get to get a whole bunch of new looking gear. Bad- People with no crowns would have to go into pvp gear-less and would have the worst time of the game because pvp is a very important matter when you run out of crowns or a subscription.

Pvp is meant for FUN! If it were to be changed into those ways, no offense but 75% of the game would be terrible for crowns-less membership-less people. Tell KI to change it, not how to change it. That's what gets you problems. KI tells us to TEST the new improvements, and tell them the problem, not us telling them how to change it or you'll cancel your subscription and quit. That's what's making them do it. They don't want their 20 million players to quit the game so they do it for you and partly themselves.
Hope this makes you change your mind about changing pvp!

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
Couldn't of said better myself. The PvPers abuse the fact that Kingsisle listens and not only does it mess up PvP it messes PvE too. Most people don't PvP believe it or not and actually like to focus on PvE so having their spells decreased doesn't help anyone. Well since its the holidays and Santa is a wizard I'm guessing you PvPers that constantly act selfish and complain only to help yourself are on his naughty list.

Aaron Drakewalker Transcended Pyromancer

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
A majority of the coplaints about pvp are because of a few things that are always true. (Not saying everyone does or is, but) people who lose will never be satisfied and are going to blame everyone they can before they blame themselves. (This is in my opinion) but its our nature to think like that. Find a way around obstacles instead of complaining about them. Now if it is abused things like that is ok to complain about. k]Ki wants to please its players, and if they hear more complaints than anything else then they will change it. Problem is ,like in politics, there is a downside to everything. I know some of you out there may disagree but i could care less its my opinion.

Explorer
Sep 05, 2011
joujou11cool wrote:

Thats the worst idea ever!

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
tcw87544 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

Thats the worst idea ever!

I agree with this, I would not like to see the Waterworks gear banned in PvP.
On the other hand, if a wizard with High Critical goes up against a Non-critical wizard, I don't mind seeing the Critical Block on both players get Maxed. That way the Critical play and non-critical player are playing on a more even playing field.
The problem with my idea is that it will quickly be abused, as gear changes will happen quickly. Then the Critical Wizard will just add to Pips, accuracy, etc, and still have a huge advantage over the other wizard.

So I can see that even my idea will not work.

Plus it could hurt KI's income, and none of really want that. As a company that is not making money will not keep the game on-line.

Joe.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
They could just not like how KingsIsle changed it though. It might not be them wanting to admit they wanted the change.

Caroline Sunbright level 70 life