Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Nothing is overpowered

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jul 09, 2009
I made this to say everyone should stop saying spells are overpowered. I'm not talking about only on the fourms but in the game too. I've watched my friends' PvP matches it gets annoying hearing people say this spell is overpowered or what not. I've heard people complain about rain of fire, efreet, basilisk, gnomes!, snow angel, judge, and the list goes on. The people complaining have to notice that not everyone PvPs, so its not fair for Kingsisle to weaken spells just because some people can find a way to reflect a spell. The spells were made basicly for PvE not PvP, so complaining about spells being overpowered doesn't help anybody. Once the spell you complain about is weakend your spell might be next. The complaining really has to stop, so people that mainly PvE don't have their favorite spells trashed.

Aaron Drakewalker Transcended Pyromancer

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Defender
Jul 13, 2009
I've been thinking this ever since i first looked on the forums and played pvp. What I have learned is that no matter how many people tell someone it's balanced nobody will listen, because if they listen they have to admit thier strategy (or lack of one) isn't working. Nobody enjoys being told thier wrong. But i have a wizard in every school now, since i have two accounts, and I have tried pvp with all of them. What i have noticed is that while my storm might lose to an ice wizard, my ice wizard has been defeated by storm wizards. I guess i might have to remake my strategies every now and then though because of new spells, but I doubt the people complaining have thought of that. Instead of changing thier deck to fit new spells, many want to be changing spells to fit thier deck...

Amber Stormsong level 56 Diviner

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
DavidStronghunter1... and Cameron225 thanks for the support. If we get more support this can change PvP for the better!

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
I agree, but i say that the gear should match the school. For example, Storm shouldnt get extremly higher accuracy increases, and health. But Ice should get massive criticals. KI shouldnt go around changing everything.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
I have six wizards, all are Legenary (2) or Trancended (3) but one still in the low levels (my life).
The one Wizard that I do not have is a Fire, and never will.

My lowly Balance Wizard has beaten Fire, Death, Myth, Balance, and Storm Warlords. Yes, I have been crushed on the other hand too... in pvp.

If Spells were overpowered, I could not do this, with a wizard that many rate at or near the bottom of the 1v1 listing. It only has one good spell, which is judgement, and I seldom even use it.

I just watched a match, between a Balance and an Ice, and the Balance won with his Level 68 spell. If I remember correctly, that is the weakest spell of all the Level 68 spells.
The Ice Wizard is normally rated #3 in the 1v1 listings, and with the new one hit Level 68 spell, definately has a better edge now, but he lost.

So over and over, all the complaints on Spells being overpowered is just meaningless. I have been, and always will be convinced, it's how you play the Wizard, that makes his/her spells seem overpowered.

Joe.

Explorer
Mar 15, 2011
flarzedrago9 wrote:
I made this to say everyone should stop saying spells are overpowered. I'm not talking about only on the fourms but in the game too. I've watched my friends' PvP matches it gets annoying hearing people say this spell is overpowered or what not. I've heard people complain about rain of fire, efreet, basilisk, gnomes!, snow angel, judge, and the list goes on. The people complaining have to notice that not everyone PvPs, so its not fair for Kingsisle to weaken spells just because some people can find a way to reflect a spell. The spells were made basicly for PvE not PvP, so complaining about spells being overpowered doesn't help anybody. Once the spell you complain about is weakend your spell might be next. The complaining really has to stop, so people that mainly PvE don't have their favorite spells trashed.

While I don't know about "overpowered" or "no way to reflect," this is all very well and fine and easy to say for a Pyromancer who can get around shields quicker and, in the process, generate more damage, on average, quicker than a Sorcerer, Theurge, or Necromancer.

My guess is that you don't PvP? Who knows.

I will agree with you that no spell should be weakened. That's certainly not something I want and would, frankly, take a lot of the fun out of it. Only changes in the schools that do less damage, slower, to have more of a shot. Now that would be a nice Christmas present indeed.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
I agree, flarzedragon. None of the complaints that plague these forums are factual, except for Wild Bolt, which has been long fixed. People seem to forget that pvp is about strategy, not desperately trying to nerf other schools. But people will never stop complaining, they'll just try to weaken other schools to hide their own bad dueling skills.

Explorer
Mar 15, 2011
Lion359 wrote:
I have six wizards, all are Legenary (2) or Trancended (3) but one still in the low levels (my life).
The one Wizard that I do not have is a Fire, and never will.

My lowly Balance Wizard has beaten Fire, Death, Myth, Balance, and Storm Warlords. Yes, I have been crushed on the other hand too... in pvp.

If Spells were overpowered, I could not do this, with a wizard that many rate at or near the bottom of the 1v1 listing. It only has one good spell, which is judgement, and I seldom even use it.

I just watched a match, between a Balance and an Ice, and the Balance won with his Level 68 spell. If I remember correctly, that is the weakest spell of all the Level 68 spells.
The Ice Wizard is normally rated #3 in the 1v1 listings, and with the new one hit Level 68 spell, definately has a better edge now, but he lost.

So over and over, all the complaints on Spells being overpowered is just meaningless. I have been, and always will be convinced, it's how you play the Wizard, that makes his/her spells seem overpowered.

Joe.

I like your post and have had similar experiences on my balance wizard, but Chimera is far from the weakest level 68 spell.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
No spells should be weakened ...
Unless these spells are new Wildbolts.

Unless the whole of the PvP community is complaining about a spell being overpowered, nothing should change. But, if the whole of the PvP community agrees that it is overpowered, it should change.

For example, I believe that Judgement will never change, nor will it have reason to. For those of you out there who still don't know ...
Tower Shield a turn before Judgement
Satyr the turn after
Blade up (if you haven't already)
Hit
Is how to beat a player who uses Judgement.

But, old Wildbolt (really my only example of a spell being cut after it hits the live realm) had no counters, and nearly everyone thought it was for the worse. Now, there were some storm players who used to (and still do) complain about its being weakened so that they can't sail through the game without effort or strategy, but they are not the majority.

And also ...
If a spell would be changed, for whatever reason, it should be done so on the test realm first, so KI could appropriately gauge the player's opinions and tweak it accordingly.

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
jojowild23 wrote:
flarzedrago9 wrote:

While I don't know about "overpowered" or "no way to reflect," this is all very well and fine and easy to say for a Pyromancer who can get around shields quicker and, in the process, generate more damage, on average, quicker than a Sorcerer, Theurge, or Necromancer.

My guess is that you don't PvP? Who knows.

I will agree with you that no spell should be weakened. That's certainly not something I want and would, frankly, take a lot of the fun out of it. Only changes in the schools that do less damage, slower, to have more of a shot. Now that would be a nice Christmas present indeed.

I do PvP but its hardly ranked its mostly practice because my computer glitches everytime I do ranked. I hardly PvP because evrytime I do people rooting on the person I'm facing's side start spamming false reports on me and swearing around the filter at me for using a spell. As for shields my ice friend who is a warload and has a balance wizard has no problem getting around shields. If you ask me you just have to stregthen your character's weak spots.

Survivor
May 31, 2009
LOL i have one spell to complain about and thats it i am not saying i get beat by this spell but it needs to be changed insane bolt is the name i dotn care what you wanna call me i am sick of storm using it because storm can do better i know it i have a storm of my own! i am a pyromancer and i dont get beat by storm cause its health but srsly storm bolt spamming is pathetic i suggest blade shield use your life force blade wand attack to take down towers put convert to myth on then cast your triton siren or levi it really is that easy instead of you noobs spamming try making it last resort! storm come on if your gonna abuse that spell you don deserve it i say if your using it more then 5 times a day your not very good at this I: long live the elemantals!

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
actiongun wrote:
LOL i have one spell to complain about and thats it i am not saying i get beat by this spell but it needs to be changed insane bolt is the name i dotn care what you wanna call me i am sick of storm using it because storm can do better i know it i have a storm of my own! i am a pyromancer and i dont get beat by storm cause its health but srsly storm bolt spamming is pathetic i suggest blade shield use your life force blade wand attack to take down towers put convert to myth on then cast your triton siren or levi it really is that easy instead of you noobs spamming try making it last resort! storm come on if your gonna abuse that spell you don deserve it i say if your using it more then 5 times a day your not very good at this I: long live the elemantals!

Dude really if you want to complain go on "Lets have a little bolt talk" or something. Your going to turn this thread into a whole bunch of complainers arguing about the bolts. Just wait about 12-24 hours and you'll get a reply about someone saying the bolts are overpowered or aren't overpowered. I know how the PvP threads work most of time.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
flarzedrago9 wrote:

agreed

Survivor
Jun 06, 2011
actiongun wrote:

Wow.
In what way is using Wild Bolt and Insane Bolt being pathetic? It's a spell, and it's going to be used as much as the caster wants to use it. It doesn't make sense to call people who use that spell pathetic. They want to play the game the way they want to, and you shouldn't say anything about the way they use spells. It doesn't make them pathetic that they use any spell a lot.

I'm saying this when I don't even like Storm.
Not that I don't like Diviners at all, just don't like the whole makeup of their spells. I really don't care if they defeat me in PvP with a Bolt spell. It's just the way they play the game. They should try to win any way they can.

So stop complaining people. Seriously.