Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

2 questions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 08, 2011
1) I am about half way through Dragonspyre and just gained level 48. With access to Celestia coming and having access to WinterTusk I have been wondering which world should I go to next?

2) Spells like BaleFrost, WildFyre, Power Play that change the battlefield by either giving increases to spells or chance for power pips do these spells also help those that you are fighting? Balefrost increases ice damage by 35% but would this also increase ice damage cast by the oposistion?

Thank you

Wolf Battle Hammer level 48 Balance

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
foxtrump wrote:
1) I am about half way through Dragonspyre and just gained level 48. With access to Celestia coming and having access to WinterTusk I have been wondering which world should I go to next?

2) Spells like BaleFrost, WildFyre, Power Play that change the battlefield by either giving increases to spells or chance for power pips do these spells also help those that you are fighting? Balefrost increases ice damage by 35% but would this also increase ice damage cast by the oposistion?

Thank you

1) I would go to Celestia since it's the main story line. You won't need to go to Wintertusk until it's time for your pet... you have plenty of time and will need the levels and gear that goes with them to survive in Wintertusk.

2) Yes, the increase is to anyone, 'good' or 'bad' that uses an ice spell (as example w/balefrost).

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
foxtrump wrote:

Thank you

I started Celestia with my wizards and detoured to Wintertusk at level 55, I level the last three levels while working my way to my pet which I reach usually by the end of the second to last area, having three of the seals then I get to enter the last area and go see teacher and then do fight for pet. If you do the main story line only in Wintertusk it moves right a long but there are a few fights mainly the cave ones that you may need help with so it may slow you up there. Then I head back to Celestia to do main story line there to get to Zafaria, it makes Celestia a little easier to handle being a higher level when you get back. You can always go back and do the all side quests so you have something to do once you complete Zafaria.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
My advice would be go to Wintertusk (WT) then Celestia (CL). My Life hit CL when it first came out. She had an awful time until she met some really nice Pyromancers. I quit playing her and worked on 5 other gals. When WT came out my son, a friend and I leveled her and their guys in WT. CL was not nearly so hard. Another dear friend helped me do The Trial of Spheres. I am now in Zafaria (ZF) and loving it.

My Death started in CL. She labored in the Grotto. I took her to WT leveled her to 58 there. She is now having a much easier time of it. She was Level 50 when I started CL.

I plan to level all my girls in WT first.

Megan

Defender
May 25, 2009
1) Go to Wintertusk. It gives TONS of EXP. I went there when I was around level 54 when I was in CL, and now I'm continuing CL as a level 61 wizard. was having a hard time as a grandmaster, now it's a piece of cake

2) Yea, it affects anyone. It boosts even enemies. That's why I don't like using Power Play often as the enemies have a higher chance of getting out big spells quicker.

Defender
Feb 06, 2010
I did both Celestia and Wintertusk at the same time on one of my characters, and that made both worlds seem faster. If you do choose to do Wintertusk first, make sure you still finish ALL of Celestia, seeing as it's the main world, and therefore is needed to start to Zafaria. I saw quite a few Legendaries upset that they couldn't start Zf, but I always made sure to finish Cl so I wouldn't have this problem.

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
brwac wrote:
foxtrump wrote:

Thank you

I started Celestia with my wizards and detoured to Wintertusk at level 55, I level the last three levels while working my way to my pet which I reach usually by the end of the second to last area, having three of the seals then I get to enter the last area and go see teacher and then do fight for pet. If you do the main story line only in Wintertusk it moves right a long but there are a few fights mainly the cave ones that you may need help with so it may slow you up there. Then I head back to Celestia to do main story line there to get to Zafaria, it makes Celestia a little easier to handle being a higher level when you get back. You can always go back and do the all side quests so you have something to do once you complete Zafaria.
i think i did the same thing