Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Kracken pet

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
I have assigned my storm wizard to gardening with his energy. He got the Kracken pet some time ago but has not been able to level it at all.
This is why I say this about pets and leveling, Any wizard should be able to take any pet to the pet Pavillon and train it. It would be so much easier for my life wizard to train the storm kracken or my fire, but the wizard that trains has to be storm. ""Just in the Pet Pavillion"" and wizard should be able to train any pet. But never be able to carry that pet attached to himself outside the Pet training area. My Kraken will set dormant until my storms gardening skills are no longer needed for a while.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Darkblood1 wrote:
I have assigned my storm wizard to gardening with his energy. He got the Kracken pet some time ago but has not been able to level it at all.
This is why I say this about pets and leveling, Any wizard should be able to take any pet to the pet Pavillon and train it. It would be so much easier for my life wizard to train the storm kracken or my fire, but the wizard that trains has to be storm. ""Just in the Pet Pavillion"" and wizard should be able to train any pet. But never be able to carry that pet attached to himself outside the Pet training area. My Kraken will set dormant until my storms gardening skills are no longer needed for a while.

Any School wizard can train the Hybrid Ice or Topaz Krakens. Perhaps it's time to make one of your other wizards the Gardener for a few garden sessions while you train that new pet. Also, when you level up, all your Energy IS Replenished, so a low level wizard does in fact get to train their pets more if they use their energy wisely.

Mastermind
May 31, 2009
Yes, a low level wizard does get to train a pet more, this is why at one time i made and deleted several wizards within the level 10 area, just so they could work my pets. But my point is that a school pet where only that school wizard can train, I feel that just in the training area, any wizard should be able to train any pet. All my wizards do not garden and none of them craft.
I tried crafting long ago and ran into a brick wall when i could not craft an item and could not find out why.
When i make a new wizard, i usually do not commit to that wizard beyond level 10 if I have pets to train. When i feel like my pets are about as trained as I want then i will commit to keeping a new wizard.
I am beginning to think it might be wise to keep an empty slot on your account for a wizard just for pet training. This way your new wizard can be the school of the pet you need trained. when trained delete wizard.