Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why lagging only affects leve 18+ wizard?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 15, 2011
Hi KI,

Can you guys explain why lagging only affects level 18+ wizards?

I have created two characters on my account. One wizard is level 38 and is unplayable for around 6 hours everyday eventhough I am playing that in a realm with "perfect" rating.

My other wizard is level 10 and I can use it to play anytime of the day without experiencing any lag.

Any suggestion to reduce the lag? I have switched off my firewall, restart my pc and modem, etc and nothing helps.

Regards

Historian
May 01, 2010
DeathEnchanted wrote:
Hi KI,

Can you guys explain why lagging only affects level 18+ wizards?

I have created two characters on my account. One wizard is level 38 and is unplayable for around 6 hours everyday eventhough I am playing that in a realm with "perfect" rating.

My other wizard is level 10 and I can use it to play anytime of the day without experiencing any lag.

Any suggestion to reduce the lag? I have switched off my firewall, restart my pc and modem, etc and nothing helps.

Regards

I always thought it may have something to do with loading issues (level 30 is about the time your friends list gets maxed out, so it might be loading all that) because the same thing happened except the unlaggy one is level 36 (been helping her level, so not many friends), and the super-laggy-takes-60-seconds-just-to-load-a-growing-spell wizard is my level 60/70's one

Adherent
May 20, 2010
As far as i can tell, the lag has to do with the way the game was programmed after Krokotopia. In the majority of cases, the lag will go away if you turn the quest helper arrow (CTRL+T) off while you're moving.

To do this: turn the arrow off while you're moving. Stop and turn it on to get your bearings, then turn it off to travel again.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I have seen many recommendations on how to reduce this lagging effect, for me it began about 3 weeks ago. I have tried the game on different computers and my different wizards and it does persist over all but will say all mine are over level 18 now if that indeed has a bearing on it. I have heard empty your back pack, update your video card drivers, clear your cache, reinstall the game and defrag your hard drive, for me none of these have stopped my lag. Since I did not seem to have this before I can only conclude it may have something to do with the addition of something to the game in that time frame.

Mine seems to be almost unbearable in crowded areas to the point where I can not even tell where I am navigating and am running over people, now it is happening in game and getting dragged in is becoming a problem. The main computer I play the game on is a brand new quad core with the recommended video card and then some so I am exceeding the requirements, the others are a little lesser but not more then 2 yr old computers.

I personally am not changing everything on my computer to be able to play a game I have been playing fine for over a year now so if it persists to the point where play is no longer practical I guess I won't be able to.

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009