Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

True way to Balance in PvP!

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Fin3cy6 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
darthjt wrote:
This idea really just hit me, it is so simple that it is too simple.

The only gear that can be used in PvP is PvP gear.

This goes in every and all aspects, from Hats, to Robes, to Boots, Athames, Rings, Wands, Amulets, and Decks.

Tickets are the only way to earn these items.

Now, most of these are in place, there are several Hats, Robes, Boosts, Athames, and Rings.

Wands, Amulets, and Decks would have to be added to PvP.

Everything in PvP, would have a label of PvP only.

This would take Criticals out of PvP, unless KI decided to make a new gear that has critical stats.

Think about this and let me know how you feel about this Idea!

Sorry, but that'll take out the whole uniqueness of each wizard and will completely ruin my style of play. Pvp will become boring if every school will have the same gear. Pvp to me is already balance because everyone's allowed to go their own way in pvp instead of having the same gear.

Sure, someone who is a warlord with gargantuan gear faces a non-warlord with puny gear, it's totally balanced.

I've defeated warlords before, it's no big deal. Just because I'm facing a warlord with gargantuan treasure cards make me lost my hope? I put in strategies, put my cards to use, and this is where my epic stats come in. I use gargantuan treasure cards and I'm still a private on my Balance wizard. My resist is 41%, health is 3767, damage boost 77% (to Balance), accuracy 5%, and I'm not going to give all my stats away to be a show off, but I really don't want to lose everything that I've earned. Items are well earned with gold and crowns. You bought it or farmed it. You've earned it, you should be able to use it. Strategy should also be used against a warlord. Find a way through warlord's super high resist. Strategy and skill is what takes you to victory, not warlord gear.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
jojowild23 wrote:
Lion359 wrote:

Criticals in PvP, can take an hour of battling and turn the odds just as you expect to win. I can see why they were added, to the game, but PvP is different, imo. When you loose Rank on a lucky critical, to me that's just not fair. I know, who said the game had to be fair.

Joe.

With all due respect, I'm tired of hearing this. So you have no problem slaughtering mindless NPCs with outrageous critical, but can't handle it when a wizard achieves it in the arena?

First of all, unfair how?

A low level without any Crit block I can see. But are there not shields? Is there not a Crit Block stat you can get from gear to defend yourself?

Personally, I PvP on a low critical rated school, so I don't have the luxury of game planning for it, attackwise.

I'm tired of hearing from wizards how bad I am at PvP the rare times I win on a lucky critical.

The question they should be asking themselves: Why were they so arrogant they thought they could just slip by without shielding an incoming attack? For that is where the real problem lay. Quit making it my problem.

Well jojowild23,

I really laughed hard when I read this:

" I'm tired of hearing this. So you have no problem slaughtering mindless NPCs with outrageous critical, but can't handle it when a wizard achieves it in the arena?"

Those mindless NPC's have Critical block and Critical too, and it's two against one. This part of the game is just a running program, that can't account for all the variables. A human on the other hand, is not just a predefined program, it can handle any variable thrown at it.
Plus, they (NPC's) don't have feelings, like humans, or the drive to compete.
Trying to do a comparison between the two is like comparing a babie's bed with wheels to a race car.

With all due respect, I have to ask, have you read any of the postings over the past year on this board. Not many if you have, that is for sure, otherwise you would understand why I stated what I did.

I have no problem with a level 60 against a level 65, they both have critical gear. Try taking your level 50 up against my Level 65 and see how long you last. Since KI is not controlling who gets stuck against a Critical versus non Critical Wizard, that is a problem. I would rather see Critical removed or all everyone to have 450 Critical Block, the max number I believe.

Then when my Storm level 60 goes in against a level 50, at least the Level 50 has a chance. As it is, my Storm Crits about every third spell, I can almost count on it.

Listen, I'm not a Noob (well maybe I am) at this game, I have three Transcended, two Legendary, one Life level 23, and a myth level 5 and a Balance level 10 that I pvp with.
I hate being in the Arena and getting stuck fighting a Lower level that doesn't have Critical.

On your other statement,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The question they should be asking themselves: Why were they so arrogant they thought they could just slip by without shielding an incoming attack? For that is where the real problem lay. Quit making it my problem.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arrogant, because someone thorows out Wild bolt after wildbolt, and how often do you have a shield exactly when you need it, give me a break.?
I have been hit by three Wildbolts or Insane bolt more than three times in a row, and all have been critical. Tell me that is fair to a Level 50, it isn't.
Yes, you want Critical to stay in PVP, I have no problem if the Wizard is above 58 where he can really get the gear to defend him/herself.

Maybe you like winning on Criticals on low levels, I don't.

Joe.

Well, in every game, you kind of notice how in EACH LEVEL YOU GET STRONGER. Critical is just another aspect of power for the levels you've gained. Isn't there critical block? How about conviction? And yes, I do shield about every round stopping Wild Bolt. Wild Bolt has its bads and goods. Insane Bolt is just plain risky. This game isn't unbalanced at all. The point in every single game where you gain levels is to get stronger by each level. So, in wizard101, you can critical and win by that. Not every gear has critical you know, if you don't like it then don't use it. Wizards have their own way of strategy and when I was a Magus, I defeated a couple Legendaries. I see no problem in gaining strength each level. That's mostly what you're saying: you shouldn't get critical to make you stronger. So no offense, but I took a slight laugh at that.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
CorbinW wrote:
I don't want schools to be handicapped by having everyone flattened with equal PvP stats across the board, meaning everyone gets exact same resistance, attack boost, etc. If we are to have PvP only gear, in which we can only PvP with such gear, then I hope the stats would reflect on a schools specific traits reasonably. Let storm have 15-20% higher attack rating than all other schools, let Ice gear have 10% greater resistance than all other schools, etc.

Life would definitely get the highest healing in/out boost. Since in and out effect a heal that's coming in to the caster, how would one feel of Life, having this option but it being, the highest at say, 10% in and out for 20%?

If making the gear like that, making it specific for each school would practically be the same gear as normal. So otherwise, there would absolutely be no point in doing all this. Also, I'm against the idea of every schools having the same stats, which would make every school super unbalanced. Storm having the same health boosts as Ice? That's going overdrive. So in either way, there's no point in making each item school specific because you use school specific gear anyways, and also all normal gear to be banned from pvp would be chaotic.

Explorer
Mar 15, 2011
Lion359 wrote:
jojowild23 wrote:
Lion359 wrote:

Criticals in PvP, can take an hour of battling and turn the odds just as you expect to win. I can see why they were added, to the game, but PvP is different, imo. When you loose Rank on a lucky critical, to me that's just not fair. I know, who said the game had to be fair.

Joe.

With all due respect, I'm tired of hearing this. So you have no problem slaughtering mindless NPCs with outrageous critical, but can't handle it when a wizard achieves it in the arena?

First of all, unfair how?

A low level without any Crit block I can see. But are there not shields? Is there not a Crit Block stat you can get from gear to defend yourself?

Personally, I PvP on a low critical rated school, so I don't have the luxury of game planning for it, attackwise.

I'm tired of hearing from wizards how bad I am at PvP the rare times I win on a lucky critical.

Well jojowild23,

I really laughed hard when I read this:

" I'm tired of hearing this. So you have no problem slaughtering mindless NPCs with outrageous critical, but can't handle it when a wizard achieves it in the arena?"

Those mindless NPC's have Critical block and Critical too, and it's two against one. This part of the game is just a running program, that can't account for all the variables. A human on the other hand, is not just a predefined program, it can handle any variable thrown at it.
Plus, they (NPC's) don't have feelings, like humans, or the drive to compete.
Trying to do a comparison between the two is like comparing a babie's bed with wheels to a race car.

That's nice. I wasn't really comparing them. In fact, I was emphasizing the difference more than you give me credit. For whatever reason you decided to laugh and understate that, I have no idea why.

Lion359 wrote:
With all due respect, I have to ask, have you read any of the postings over the past year on this board. Not many if you have, that is for sure, otherwise you would understand why I stated what I did.

I don't know why what I read has anything to do with it at all. But mmm'k.

Lion359 wrote:
I have no problem with a level 60 against a level 65, they both have critical gear. Try taking your level 50 up against my Level 65 and see how long you last. Since KI is not controlling who gets stuck against a Critical versus non Critical Wizard, that is a problem. I would rather see Critical removed or all everyone to have 450 Critical Block, the max number I believe.

Then when my Storm level 60 goes in against a level 50, at least the Level 50 has a chance. As it is, my Storm Crits about every third spell, I can almost count on it.

Listen, I'm not a Noob (well maybe I am) at this game, I have three Transcended, two Legendary, one Life level 23, and a myth level 5 and a Balance level 10 that I pvp with.
I hate being in the Arena and getting stuck fighting a Lower level that doesn't have Critical.

On your other statement,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arrogant, because someone thorows out Wild bolt after wildbolt, and how often do you have a shield exactly when you need it, give me a break.?
I have been hit by three Wildbolts or Insane bolt more than three times in a row, and all have been critical. Tell me that is fair to a Level 50, it isn't.
Yes, you want Critical to stay in PVP, I have no problem if the Wizard is above 58 where he can really get the gear to defend him/herself.

Maybe you like winning on Criticals on low levels, I don't.

Joe.

Sigh. I have never won a ranked 1v1 matched on a low level because of a lucky Critical. Who are these shameless Legendary and Trans. wizards who get free rank on low level wizards? Not me. All my matches since I can remember are real tough and same level and I have been in around 350 ranked 1v1 matches. Personally, I wouldn't need Critical to beat such a wizard.

I don't have a problem with KI taking certain precautions to make sure wizards of a non-Crit block level get matched against Legendary and Transcended wizards. And you're right, such mismatches that occur are completely unfair. What part of that didn't I make clear?

No, my issue is more with Legendary and Transcended wizards who complain at me and taunt me after the rare times I have taken them out on a critical hit. Don't worry, it doesn't happen often enough for me to be a huge proponent of the critical system.

My overall point is more that I find people who frequent the arena are very opportunistic when it comes to the Crit system: They want it to work for them and can't tolerate it when it works against them. Well, tough potatoes to them.

Your initial post deceived me to a degree in that you indicated KI had "cleared the issue" somewhat. Other than that, you did mention as one alternative removing the Crit system altogether from PvP, though I acknowledge you listed another alternative with Crit PvP and non-Crit PvP.

Overall, I don't know what to tell you: Free speech?

Not saying you're a noob or bad at pvp or anything but I get to tell you: Having the exact shield (or any spell, really) in your hand to play at the exact right moment is (though not completely insusceptible to random deck order) the main rub of PvP strategy. Making your deck so the right cards get more likely to show up and the right amount of them, discarding so that you get into your hand the things you need or, failing that, so that if there is a reshuffle, you got a nice sample to work with afterward. That is PvP in a nutshell.

How often do I have a shield exactly when I need it? Many times, many times. It's not impossible.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Joujou,

Here are the facts that you are missing.

Before KI fixed this issue, which was about a month ago now, you could easily and very quickly be a low level and facing a Legendary Wizard. Now that this issue is fixed, usually you will only face other players that are usually within 10 levels of your character.

However, you can still be a level 48 wizard, facing a Legend! Now, this will not happen often anymore, since it has been fixed and yes, you can state, then the person needs to level up!

The main issue is, that most people want PvP back to being non-critical! Why? Because PvP is supposed to be based on skill and strategy and not a lucky strike.

While there is Critical Block Gear and Critical Attack Gear, both are not available to players under level 50 unless you spend crowns or real money.

Secondly, critical block is on a different scale than critical, so even if you do have a high critical block, it may fail and has no bearing on how many critical attack points your opponent has. You can have over 100 critical block points and a conviction up and still fail a critical block.

Just because this messes up your strategy, does not mean most PvP players are wrong to want to take a luck factor out of PvP.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Jojowild23,

My replies below.

I don't have a problem with KI taking certain precautions to make sure wizards of a non-Crit block level get matched against Legendary and Transcended wizards. And you're right, such mismatches that occur are completely unfair. What part of that didn't I make clear?

Reply: I didn't get that from you posting at all, hence the reason that I posted to you.

------------------------------------
No, my issue is more with Legendary and Transcended wizards who complain at me and taunt me after the rare times I have taken them out on a critical hit. Don't worry, it doesn't happen often enough for me to be a huge proponent of the critical system.

Reply: Don't let young children bother you, it's that simple, laugh it off.

----------------------------------------
My overall point is more that I find people who frequent the arena are very opportunistic when it comes to the Crit system: They want it to work for them and can't tolerate it when it works against them. Well, tough potatoes to them.

Reply: Again, babies cry, give them a bottle.

-----------------------------------------
Your initial post deceived me to a degree in that you indicated KI had "cleared the issue" somewhat. Other than that, you did mention as one alternative removing the Crit system altogether from PvP, though I acknowledge you listed another alternative with Crit PvP and non-Crit PvP.

Reply: It does appear that the huge mismatches have been corrected. The levels are closer, but you can still get a level 50 going against a level 60 with major Critical. Or a level 55 going against a level 65, this is what I attempted to point out. I have not seen a level 30 going up against a level 60, and that is a nice improvement by KI.
I would like to see an additional improvement, and that is to clean up this last oversight by KI, separate the Criticals from the Non-Criticals.

------------------------------------------------------------
Overall, I don't know what to tell you: Free speech?

Not saying you're a noob or bad at pvp or anything but I get to tell you: Having the exact shield (or any spell, really) in your hand to play at the exact right moment is (though not completely insusceptible to random deck order) the main rub of PvP strategy. Making your deck so the right cards get more likely to show up and the right amount of them, discarding so that you get into your hand the things you need or, failing that, so that if there is a reshuffle, you got a nice sample to work with afterward. That is PvP in a nutshell.

Reply: Maybe if have a small deck, you can get shields more often, but not in a big deck, it don't happen. Getting the right cards at the right time often doesnt' happen, you only have seven cards that show up. Most people only discard 4 to 5 cards at any one time. So lets say you have 35 cards in your small deck, and lets say the shuffle leaves all your shields in the later part of the deck, it happens. Getting the right cards in hand doesn't always happen, it's making the right decision with the cards you have, that's PvP in a nutshell.

Joe.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Joujou,

Before KI fixed this issue, which was about a month ago now, you could easily and very quickly be a low level and facing a Legendary Wizard. Now that this issue is fixed, usually you will only face other players that are usually within 10 levels of your character.

However, you can still be a level 48 wizard, facing a Legend! Now, this will not happen often anymore, since it has been fixed and yes, you can state, then the person needs to level up!

The main issue is, that most people want PvP back to being non-critical! Why? Because PvP is supposed to be based on skill and strategy and not a lucky strike.

While there is Critical Block Gear and Critical Attack Gear, both are not available to players under level 50 unless you spend crowns or real money.

Secondly, critical block is on a different scale than critical, so even if you do have a high critical block, it may fail and has no bearing on how many critical attack points your opponent has. You can have over 100 critical block points and a conviction up and still fail a critical block.

Just because this messes up your strategy, does not mean most PvP players are wrong to want to take a luck factor out of PvP.

Oh, then I have a better solutution (actually 2): make critical stats to not apply to pvp or to have 2 types of pvp, non-ciritcal pvp or critical pvp because I know many other people that actually like criticals in pvp and some don't So I think that having 2 different types of pvp a better solution.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Darth I do like your idea of PvP only gear though. It will in some way tone down the gear/stat war that has been taking place post celestia. By gear/stat war I'm referring to the ever climbing attack/resist boosts that have come out. Now there is nothing wrong with wanting powerful gear, but you gotta admit, facing wizards in arena who for whatever reason have only 15-25% resist and your attack boosts are 50-90% is quite the advantage. But there is a dirty little secret that exaggerates this issue further. The use of sun spells. And that can't be taken away anymore. Not that I would want it to. I, as I'm sure you have too and many others have trained in spells like monstrous, gargantuon, etc. But when you add a gargantuan to an attack boost of 70+%, the damage output is HUGE. So yeah, this arena only gear is a good idea in a lot of ways.

A good example, I faced a storm with 95% attack boost. I had 26% resist, it's practice I'm experimenting with whatever, he hits me with a kraken with a balance blade, I had 1500 health. It hit me for 1600. No critical. It must have had a gargantuan or something. But yeah, boosts like that along with our amazing gear boosts does cause some imbalance.

When I'm facing wizards with little resist in arena, my gargantuan Medusa easily clears past 1400 damage with just one blade/trap. But my attack boost is 59%. No resist? Forget it, I'm gonna hit for 1700...

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
darthjt wrote:

This goes in every and all aspects, from Hats, to Robes, to Boots, Athames, Rings, Wands, Amulets, and Decks.

Now, most of these are in place, there are several Hats, Robes, Boosts, Athames, and Rings.

This would take Criticals out of PvP, unless KI decided to make a new gear that has critical stats.

This is probably the worst idea ever. This will never happen, I don't even need to say how and why.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
Hey, i like your idea. But there is a problem. If everyones stats would be the same its wouldn't balance as you think. Just think about accuracy, damage, resistance, all the same. the effects of this can be chaotic. Such as:

-If you have a Life and a Storm.
-They each have the same accuracy.
If K.I. provides gear with only 5 percent accuracy so life isn't Totally fizzle proof, Storm would be very vincible to accuracy dispels such as smoke screen and sirens after effect. But if K.I. provides gear with 15 accuracy it would overpower Lifes accuracy and make them more resistant to those effects.

-If you have an Ice and a Storm.
- They each have same resistance and damage.
If K.I. Provides gear with 40% resistance, Everyones gear would be the same, which would then knock out Ice's unique defenses. But everyone wants that gone right? but they still have the advantage of higher health. Also if they provide us with 50% damage boost gear, Storm would be taken its unique attack abilities. And Ice would be way better right? about 20% more attack boost for them.

Honestly, I agree there needs to be a way to balance out PvP. But there needs to me more thought into this stradegy.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Rizzy07 wrote:
Hey, i like your idea. But there is a problem. If everyones stats would be the same its wouldn't balance as you think. Just think about accuracy, damage, resistance, all the same. the effects of this can be chaotic. Such as:

If K.I. provides gear with only 5 percent accuracy so life isn't Totally fizzle proof, Storm would be very vincible to accuracy dispels such as smoke screen and sirens after effect. But if K.I. provides gear with 15 accuracy it would overpower Lifes accuracy and make them more resistant to those effects.

If K.I. Provides gear with 40% resistance, Everyones gear would be the same, which would then knock out Ice's unique defenses. But everyone wants that gone right? but they still have the advantage of higher health. Also if they provide us with 50% damage boost gear, Storm would be taken its unique attack abilities. And Ice would be way better right? about 20% more attack boost for them.

Honestly, I agree there needs to be a way to balance out PvP. But there needs to me more thought into this stradegy.

Hmm, giving everyone the exact same stats seems odd but remember, not every spells base damage i the same. Storm is inherently higher, Ice is inherently smaller in base attacks! So it does balance out and brings back the schools to relying on the damage of their actual spells versus using gear to get ahead of everyone/thing. In this way, it allows our spells to speak for themselves. It might work.

What I would like to see is, just like when WinterTusk came out, I had two amazing options with good incentives, either use my waterworks gear or craft gear for me. I found both to be great in their designs. I hope that I can have that choice too with arena gear if this is something that is taken up by KI.

Having gear to fit different play styles would be fun!. Either go for attack gear, go for resist gear, heal gear, etc. It would be an interesting way to fight and forces you to think and refine your play style in some ways.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
What makes your way of balancing pvp the "True" way to do it. What makes it more correct then my way, or anybodies way?

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Rizzy07 wrote:

Did you not just dispute all your own claims? Did you not just show how things would be balanced and that schools would be back. Storm would have lower accuracy, lower health, as it was intended, but more powerful spells and lower health! Ice would have higher accuracy, more health, but less powerful attacks, as intended.

Where is the imbalance again?

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Joujou,

If you wanted to take out the whole critical system, then levelling up wouldn't allow you to increase in power. Have you not noticed that in each level up, for every single game, you're supposed to get stronger? That's why critical's there. If you don't like critical, then just equip gear that gives all stats BUT critical! Most schools hardly critical just so you know, and most higher critical gear stats lower down your other stats. Critical has its rise up and its downfall. KI can't just change the idea of critical now, it's too late and then people would complain about their gear. I don't take a lot of damage even with criticals, it's just how my strategy works. Wizards critical with a rank 9 spell and it still hits a pretty low amount of damage. Sirens for example, hit 614 on me! With a critical, that would've been 1228. Not much of a big deal considering that that's not even a quarter of my health. Some people want critical gone and most don't. If you're going to go out and flatten down everyone's stats to the exact same as every other school, wizard101 would have the worst pvp system ever. People today play only because of how good the pvp system is. That's what keeps wizards that have never gotten crowns to keep playing. If you were to change that fact, then non-crowns players would be terrible at pvp because they wouldn't be able to get pvp tickets. Imagine that! Fighting a level 70 with NO GEAR. That would bring a laugh in a fight. In ranked pvp, you'd have to fight a whole lot to get your private gear. I don't care if I win with a critical or not. It's not luck, it's skill. I choose to use a spell that boosts my critical, and I do critical. There are many wizards that actually depend on critical in pvp. Trust me, I fought a Fire wizard and he dropped all of his stats for critical and fire damage boost. He wasn't much of a challenge because I blocked too much. Critical isn't the best stat and it's not abused, I know you never said that, but that would be the only reason that KI would have to change it. They changed Wild Bolt because it was abused of. Then Storm wizards gave away everything for it. So, KI made Insane Bolt because wizards kept on complaining. I'm sure that if they didn't complain, KI wouldn't have made Insane Bolt. It's the complaints that has brought many things down. If you tell KI how to do it, people would say that if they didn't do it they would cancel their subscriptions. So, KI had to listen and created EXACTLY how people wanted the spell. Critical isn't the thing that's going to take out my strategy, but dropping all of my stats to be lame is going to ruin it. My damage boost is nearly at 80. I'm a Balance wizard, so that's really good for Balance. Then, if they make it pvp-only gear. I'd get 40% damage boost. My resist would be raised up by 3% Yay! Losing 40% damage for 3 more resist! Yeah, not such a good idea. Even if crowns gear and waterworks/helephant tower gear or no auction gear was allowed, my ring would still be kicked off. Leaving me with a downward of 7% damage boost for a stun block chance. I'd be at the low 70's at damage boost, leaving my uniqueness gone. Wizard101 doesn't only have critical you know. They have hundreds of spells, thousands of pet skills, thousands of hat/robes/shoes/amulets/wands/athames/rings/decks and that's what's going to take you to victory. The only reason that people say that pvp is unbalanced is because they don't just deal with it and get a strategy to defeat the school that they lose against! People are SOOOOO lazy when it comes to that. Leave it to be their problem for their choice of spells/pets/gear/decks. Don't take away everyone's stats for something that the wizard can do him/her self without taking everyone else down to a restart point. I don't want to restart my whole strategy, do a bunch of ranked pvp for new gear, try to find which spells would best fit my stats. That would be a complete waste of time to you, and everyone else. Pvp is the best right now because they give wizards a choice of gear. If you're a wizard that hates the critical, then level up! You'll be able to deal with it by getting critical block gear from dragon's, wyvern's, wraith's pack! There are too many ways for wizards to go around the critical. It's something you earn when you level up. If you've achieved the critical stat, then you've earned it. Level 50's have well earned the critical and they deserve to have it. Don't let it be all a waste for them. I'm level 67, and I don't care about people hitting criticals on me. I'm very defensive in pvp and I can also pack a punch with my spells. My heals are ok too. If someone takes you down with 1 hit, in the next people match, SHIELD!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Solstice64 wrote:
What makes your way of balancing pvp the "True" way to do it. What makes it more correct then my way, or anybodies way?

You know, that is a good question Solstice! I guess I would have to say, it would bring players back down to the basics and on an even playing field.

It was just an idea, a suggestion, I just think a lot of people would like to take out the luck factor and bring PvP back to skill only!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:
darthjt wrote:
Joujou,

If you wanted to take out the whole critical system, then levelling up wouldn't allow you to increase in power. Have you not noticed that in each level up, for every single game, you're supposed to get stronger? That's why critical's there. If you don't like critical, then just equip gear that gives all stats BUT critical! Most schools hardly critical just so you know, and most higher critical gear stats lower down your other stats. Critical has its rise up and its downfall. KI can't just change the idea of critical now, it's too late and then people would complain about their gear. I don't take a lot of damage even with criticals, it's just how my strategy works. Wizards critical with a rank 9 spell and it still hits a pretty low amount of damage. Sirens for example, hit 614 on me! With a critical, that would've been 1228. Not much of a big deal considering that that's not even a quarter of my health. Some people want critical gone and most don't. If you're going to go out and flatten down everyone's stats to the exact same as every other school, wizard101 would have the worst pvp system ever. People today play only because of how good the pvp system is. That's what keeps wizards that have never gotten crowns to keep playing. If you were to change that fact, then non-crowns players would be terrible at pvp because they wouldn't be able to get pvp tickets. Imagine that! Fighting a level 70 with NO GEAR. That would bring a laugh in a fight. In ranked pvp, you'd have to fight a whole lot to get your private gear. I don't care if I win with a critical or not. It's not luck, it's skill. I choose to use a spell that boosts my critical, and I do critical. There are many wizards that actually depend on critical in pvp. Trust me, I fought a Fire wizard and he dropped all of his stats for critical and fire damage boost. He wasn't much of a challenge because I blocked too much. Critical isn't the best stat and it's not abused, I know you never said that, but that would be the only reason that KI would have to change it. They changed Wild Bolt because it was abused of. Then Storm wizards gave away everything for it. So, KI made Insane Bolt because wizards kept on complaining. I'm sure that if they didn't complain, KI wouldn't have made Insane Bolt. It's the complaints that has brought many things down. If you tell KI how to do it, people would say that if they didn't do it they would cancel their subscriptions. So, KI had to listen and created EXACTLY how people wanted the spell. Critical isn't the thing that's going to take out my strategy, but dropping all of my stats to be lame is going to ruin it. My damage boost is nearly at 80. I'm a Balance wizard, so that's really good for Balance. Then, if they make it pvp-only gear. I'd get 40% damage boost. My resist would be raised up by 3% Yay! Losing 40% damage for 3 more resist! Yeah, not such a good idea. Even if crowns gear and waterworks/helephant tower gear or no auction gear was allowed, my ring would still be kicked off. Leaving me with a downward of 7% damage boost for a stun block chance. I'd be at the low 70's at damage boost, leaving my uniqueness gone. Wizard101 doesn't only have critical you know. They have hundreds of spells, thousands of pet skills, thousands of hat/robes/shoes/amulets/wands/athames/rings/decks and that's what's going to take you to victory. The only reason that people say that pvp is unbalanced is because they don't just deal with it and get a strategy to defeat the school that they lose against! People are SOOOOO lazy when it comes to that. Leave it to be their problem for their choice of spells/pets/gear/decks. Don't take away everyone's stats for something that the wizard can do him/her self without taking everyone else down to a restart point. I don't want to restart my whole strategy, do a bunch of ranked pvp for new gear, try to find which spells would best fit my stats. That would be a complete waste of time to you, and everyone else. Pvp is the best right now because they give wizards a choice of gear. If you're a wizard that hates the critical, then level up! You'll be able to deal with it by getting critical block gear from dragon's, wyvern's, wraith's pack! There are too many ways for wizards to go around the critical. It's something you earn when you level up. If you've achieved the critical stat, then you've earned it. Level 50's have well earned the critical and they deserve to have it. Don't let it be all a waste for them. I'm level 67, and I don't care about people hitting criticals on me. I'm very defensive in pvp and I can also pack a punch with my spells. My heals are ok too. If someone takes you down with 1 hit, in the next people match, SHIELD!

Nobody ever said to take criticals out of the game!

It was suggested, to make a pvp option in ranked pvp for critical or non critical matches.

As far as PvP gear only goes, it is an idea, a concept.

Nobody says you would have to have the exact same stats as all other schools, although, that would definitely keep the matches fair and be based on real strategy and not luck.

I personally, don't really care, I have seen many issues on this subject on wanting PvP more balanced and this is one way to do it.

I know perfectly well, what the best outfits are, what pets and talents to have, and how to strategize against any and all schools.

However, most people are not me. :-)

If you don't like the idea, fine, don't get upset, it was just an idea.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
darthjt wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
darthjt wrote:
Joujou,

Nobody ever said to take criticals out of the game!

It was suggested, to make a pvp option in ranked pvp for critical or non critical matches.

As far as PvP gear only goes, it is an idea, a concept.

Nobody says you would have to have the exact same stats as all other schools, although, that would definitely keep the matches fair and be based on real strategy and not luck.

I personally, don't really care, I have seen many issues on this subject on wanting PvP more balanced and this is one way to do it.

I know perfectly well, what the best outfits are, what pets and talents to have, and how to strategize against any and all schools.

However, most people are not me. :)

If you don't like the idea, fine, don't get upset, it was just an idea.

Well, I don't really have a right to go against it. As people say," If you've never tried it, don't judge it." So, I hope this gets into the live realm so people can actually test it out. If about half don't like it and half does, then we could have 2 types of pvp instead of just choosing 1. Pvp is going to get boring some day, we need some new type of pvp. Something like this. Then, that would be the true way of balancing pvp for good. 2 types of pvp is better then 1, and then you can just join the one that fits you best. Also, I'd like to see more pvp ranks

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
darthjt wrote:

Nice try, but this plan is impossible. Literally. If tickets are the only way to get this gear, and this is the only gear you can use, how are you supposed to get the gear in the first place to earn more tickets to get the gear? Quite confusing. NOBODY would be able to enter PvP because they wouldn't have the gear. They can't get the gear because they need tickets to get the gear, which are obtained by PvPing.

Try again.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
cort1cool wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Nice try, but this plan is impossible. Literally. If tickets are the only way to get this gear, and this is the only gear you can use, how are you supposed to get the gear in the first place to earn more tickets to get the gear? Quite confusing. NOBODY would be able to enter PvP because they wouldn't have the gear. They can't get the gear because they need tickets to get the gear, which are obtained by PvPing.

Try again.

As I stated, if you read the posts, you would get initial tickets or gear for your level would be free, then gear for rank would have to be purchased with tickets.

Nothing is Impossible, you just have to have a plan for it.

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
Armiger
May 10, 2010
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010