Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Herkir does he still drop a pet?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Darkblood1 wrote:
Can anyone tell me if Herkir in GH still drops a pet?

According to the fansite, he drops a Storm Cat. Check this out:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Herkir

They list almost "everything" on Wiki. :D

Mastermind
May 31, 2009
I have had three wizards farm him at same time, farm for hours and hours. The drops they get bring in good gold but so far no pet at all. I run all three wizards that are farming using three accounts. Now in my third day and lots of gold but no pets. Matter fact most of my wizard are about maxx on gold from selling the items and no pet.
One thing I love about farming is the items sold,There are times I hate to sell an item but I cant hang on to everything. Will continue to farm, as I farmed Redwind once for her sword, it took two weeks. Now I have several of them. I farmed The Big Ben tower, got two of his pets, took a lot of long trips but lots of gold also. I am about to stop pets as I cant get any pets that will show good traits and this will end the farming. The two pets from Ben tower did not show any good traits and with all the farming for Oni life as well no balance pet has given me anything my wizard could use. My Balance has no pet at all, those he uses are not even balance. Heck Balance doesnt even have a pet worth hatching cause the traits are no good.
I thought maybe the good traits would come out with generation hatching but so far a bad trait pet only gave more bad traits. So I quit hatching and go with the pet i get and delete if it shows bad traits.
Anyway the gold is good farming, the pets are something else.

Mastermind
May 31, 2009
Today 3 wizards farmed Herkir for 4 hours no pet drop as of yet. Yesterday same thing. Day before same thing. I estimate 12 or more hours farming with 3 wizards and no pet drop. Lots of gold, but no pet, I am beginning to think he does not drop a pet anymore........

Mastermind
May 31, 2009
Been another 4 hours with 3 wizards constant farming, no pet drop on any wizard. Surely he does not drop a pet. My wizards are full of gold, and bank and backpacks are gettting full of items to sell.
The game needs to check Herkir and see if he does drop a pet and make sure all is in sync. I will still continue to farm but running out of places to put gold and items to sell. If you want gold and want items that sell at a good price I suggest farming Herkir, so far, the gold part has been very good.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Hi again. I just went to Central and checked the guide for pet drops.

For the Storm Cat, supposedly dropped by Herkir, they now have a note next to it that says "Thought to be retired -- Awaiting Confirmation".

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54829

Maybe someone from KI can comment on this?

Mastermind
May 31, 2009
Stop farming, with 3 wizards and a lot of hours no pet drop has Occured. I will return to Herkir when my gold gets low, but not for a pet. No telling how many times i killed the boss but it was a lot. Even Oni Life was not this hard to get a pet from and he was one of my worst to come across, so I have to figure there is no longer a pet drop with Herkir. If there is, It must drop once a year.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Regarding the Storm Cat pet dropped by Herkir:

I had sent an e-mail to Support@Wizard101.com and asked them to "confirm either way" -- does Herkir still drop the Storm Cat pet, or is the Storm Cat retired ?

This is the reply that I received:

Response (KingsIsle Support) 12/11/2011 05:31 PM
Hi there,

The Storm Cat is still an active drop. However, please remember that boss drops are random, so there's always a chance that you won't get what you're looking for. Unfortunately, the way statistics work, there's no guarantee that you'll ever get the specific drop you're trying to get.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Storm_Cat

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Regards,
KingsIsle Support