Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Commons

AuthorMessage
Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Don't you think The Commons is starting to become bad? There are people who cuss, scammers, and mean people there. I also seem to see some R or X rated conversations there. Who agrees with me?

Caroline Sunbright level 65 life

Defender
Feb 06, 2010
Survivor
Dec 01, 2011
its quite hard to use bad language in this game unless your filtering is open and even then swearing is next to impossible. However if you do find someone using spam just report

Defender
Feb 06, 2010
DivineInquisitor wrote:
its quite hard to use bad language in this game unless your filtering is open and even then swearing is next to impossible. However if you do find someone using spam just report

Actually, it's not very hard. I have open chat, but I still see text chat people saying things such as "shut op" to get around the filter. Well obviously that isn't a swear word, but I've seen many wizards creatively swear (in ways I won't post on the forum). But all in all, just report them.

Historian
May 01, 2010
DivineInquisitor wrote:

Its not really the words that are the problem, when someone "finds" a new way to curse around the filter, the meaning spreads like a wildfire, no matter how unlike the word it really is. In other words its next to impossible to suppress cursing, without having to revert everyone to menu chat.

Anyway, the commons is fine in certain realms, and not in others...(stay away from wu area 1)

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Rihanna12 wrote:
Don't you think The Commons is starting to become bad? There are people who cuss, scammers, and mean people there. I also seem to see some R or X rated conversations there. Who agrees with me?

Caroline Sunbright level 65 life

I am not really that opposed to the creative cussing because most my kids learned those words in kindergarten, I am glad menu chat does not see it so if your child is under 13 and you don't want them to see this anywhere in the game menu chat is what you want them to be on, it does make the game a little harder to play and filtered or open chat players will avoid them but they won't be subject to a lot of the bad stuff. I do not like the mean and hurtful fighting stuff, the rob your treasure card kids and the more that comes out crowns the more beggars it has made and some can be quite in your wizards face annoying.