Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

wolly mammoth

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 18, 2011
why cant wooly mammoth be an all enemies card :x when i first got it i thought it was all enemies cause of the herd of mammoths..... then i was like awwwww! wooly mammoth is to 1 person! and why cant wooly mammoth stun for 2 round medusa stuns for 2 rounds and its a lvl 58 myth spell. i was really hoping for mammoth to stun for 2 rounds or evan 3 but then i was like awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! it stuns for 1 round only :(

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Defender
Apr 19, 2010
saadkhan123 wrote:
why cant wooly mammoth be an all enemies card :x when i first got it i thought it was all enemies cause of the herd of mammoths..... then i was like awwwww! wooly mammoth is to 1 person! and why cant wooly mammoth stun for 2 round medusa stuns for 2 rounds and its a lvl 58 myth spell. i was really hoping for mammoth to stun for 2 rounds or evan 3 but then i was like awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! it stuns for 1 round only :(

Me too! But you know what that means? It means our next spell will most likely be an all attack spell! This is just a minor set back, don't worry. :D

Survivor
Dec 30, 2010
There is a very good reason behind why the mammoth is only a 1 person hit card.
The past 2 ice spells, Giant and angel, are both AoE. Don't you think it's time for a 1 hit spell? Plus that makes it stronger, as AoE's tend to be weaker than one hits.
KI is trying to balance out the AoE's, DoT's, stuns, and 1 hits to make it fair for all players.

Defender
Feb 28, 2011
Ok. I get that AoE is attack on everyone, but what does DoT mean?

And wolly mammoth was the first new spell i've seen used, tower of helephant i think. Everytime it was cast, someone said 'poor snowman' or 'down goes another snowman' which kinda seems like this spell is a slap in the face to it's own school. I mean, ice=snow/snowman. Aside from blizard, snowman is the center of what ice/snow is all about so why did they have to put the poor snowman in the path of a herd of mammoths for the new spell.
Seems brutal and cruel to me.

But anyhow, I really wanna know what DoT means :)

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Delver
Jul 20, 2009
TarynHeart wrote:
Ok. I get that AoE is attack on everyone, but what does DoT mean?

And wolly mammoth was the first new spell i've seen used, tower of helephant i think. Everytime it was cast, someone said 'poor snowman' or 'down goes another snowman' which kinda seems like this spell is a slap in the face to it's own school. I mean, ice=snow/snowman. Aside from blizard, snowman is the center of what ice/snow is all about so why did they have to put the poor snowman in the path of a herd of mammoths for the new spell.
Seems brutal and cruel to me.

But anyhow, I really wanna know what DoT means :)

DoT means Damage over Time.

Survivor
Apr 29, 2010
saadkhan123 wrote:
why cant wooly mammoth be an all enemies card :x when i first got it i thought it was all enemies cause of the herd of mammoths..... then i was like awwwww! wooly mammoth is to 1 person! and why cant wooly mammoth stun for 2 round medusa stuns for 2 rounds and its a lvl 58 myth spell. i was really hoping for mammoth to stun for 2 rounds or evan 3 but then i was like awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! it stuns for 1 round only :-(
Complaint #6

Mycin DarkHeart
Transcended Necromancer

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
saadkhan123 wrote:

um that is myth not ice and um it would be unfair if it stunned for two rounds and did that damage to everyone

Defender
Jul 18, 2011
blaze552563 wrote:
saadkhan123 wrote:

um that is myth not ice and um it would be unfair if it stunned for two rounds and did that damage to everyone
ok well if Ki doesnt make it an all enemies thrn at least increase its stun frost giant is better it stuns EVERYONE so wooly mammoth should stun for 2 rounds or maybe 3 i was really hoping it would stun more than 1.

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
because our last two spells were ale we kinds needed something different this time.

Defender
Feb 24, 2009
saadkhan123 wrote:

1) both Frost Giant and Snow Angel were AoE's
2) the reason why medusa stuns for two rounds is because, based on greek mythology, if you looked at medusa, she turned you into stone.
3) 3 rounds? i can think of several ways to finish off a guy in 3 rounds. no!
4) (from later posts) the only reason why the snowman is there is for ironic comedy. nothing else

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
If Mammoth were an AoE, it would be the strongest of them all. I know you're partial to Ice, but you have to see things from a neutral point of view.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010