Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Graphics Problem with Pat O' Gold

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 07, 2009
Since the Pat O' Gold update, we have experienced the graphics problem that is well-known, that is, that we can't see certain enemies (although on one computer we can see them--nvidia graphic cards with SLI active--and on the other computer we cannot--integrated Intel graphics).

However, I haven't seen this problem mentioned. My son discovered that he cannot see Pat O' Gold, nor the items she is selling. He can choose things to buy, but he can't see the pictures of them. He has the nvidia graphics with SLI. We tried changing the resolution, but that didn't help (he usually plays at the monitor's native resolution, 1680 X 1050). He was pretty disappointed that he couldn't see the item he bought with his crowns after he equipped it either. My daughter (on the laptop with integrated graphics) can see Pat O' Gold as well the item she bought.

I think it is ironic that my son can see the enemies, but not anything associated with Pat O' Gold.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
I have a similar problem.
I don't have all of those problems but, I do have the bug where you can't see your enemies or cast spells on them. My solution right now is to just pu tin a minion and let it defeat the enemy but, that is my favortie part - casting the spells so, I hope this bug is fixed soon.

PaigePeralPetal
Myth Wizard

Explorer
Feb 07, 2009
Wonderfully wrote:
I have a similar problem.
I don't have all of those problems but, I do have the bug where you can't see your enemies or cast spells on them. My solution right now is to just pu tin a minion and let it defeat the enemy but, that is my favortie part - casting the spells so, I hope this bug is fixed soon.

PaigePeralPetal
Myth Wizard

Perhaps you have discovered this by now, but you can cast spells on these enemies if you click on their name tags.