Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

these transmute recipes dont make any sense

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 28, 2011
I was looking over the transmute recipes for some crafting stuff, and this does not make any sense. The transmute scale requires 5 fish fins and the transmute fish fin requires 5 scales... how the heck do they expect us to make the one when it needs the other and make the other for the first one?????? I am sooo very confused by this, why would 2 transmute recipes call for opposite items to make each other?

Is it just me or has anyone else found this to be odd, annoying and non productive? :-(

Taryn RavenHeart grandmaster artisan, loremaster :-)

Champion
May 03, 2011
The transmute scale requires 5 fish fins and the transmute fish fin requires 5 scales... how the heck do they expect us to make the one when it needs the other and make the other for the first one??????

I noticed that awhile back. You are right, it doesn't make sense. I got most of these reagents from gardening, but they seem to be available at the bazaar pretty often, too.

Defender
Feb 28, 2011
tabby714 wrote:
The transmute scale requires 5 fish fins and the transmute fish fin requires 5 scales... how the heck do they expect us to make the one when it needs the other and make the other for the first one??????

I noticed that awhile back. You are right, it doesn't make sense. I got most of these reagents from gardening, but they seem to be available at the bazaar pretty often, too.

Ok thanks, glad i wasnt freaking out over something stupid. It just really bugs me that each recipe requires the other reagent and that is simply absurd, wrong, despite being able to buy or garden for the items, you should not have 2 transmutate spells that require the opposite ingredient to make the other, dumbest thing i've ever seen.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
Both drop from celestian fish type enemies, not sure about sharks.