Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reseting Training Points

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 21, 2009
I know that all the cards are reset that have training points, but do the quest get reset for certian cards?

Administrator
Spells specific to your main school of focus (those you earned for FREE from your Professor, or gained through quests either from your Professor or upon completion of worlds in the Spiral) are not removed when you buy back your Training Points.

Only the spells you actually spent Training Points on at locations such as secret trainers, Professors for schools outside of your main school of focus, and other trainers, are removed in exchange for the Training Points you spent on them.

community@wizard101.com
Delver
Jun 21, 2009
I think there should be an option for all training points, because people are paying to have this done. But, I am glad its setup that way. I say this half heartly, because I could have gotten more points. Althought, the cards I still have are decent. A clear all should be optional.

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
Why is so expensive to reset our training points? I mean I have a option to either buy the mastery amulet or training points back, buying training points back is as expensive as buying a mastery amulet...

Prices are insane now, we going trough a hard time and they decide to raise prices on henchmen, gear and other stuff...

Administrator
MercMissionary wrote:
I think there should be an option for all training points, because people are paying to have this done. But, I am glad its setup that way. I say this half heartly, because I could have gotten more points. Althought, the cards I still have are decent. A clear all should be optional.

Perhaps I wasn't clear. You did not spend Training Points on your school specific spells - they were either free or given to you via a quest.

When you buy back your Training Points, you are giving up ALL the spells you spent Training Points to obtain.

community@wizard101.com
Administrator
Daviato wrote:
Why is so expensive to reset our training points? I mean I have a option to either buy the mastery amulet or training points back, buying training points back is as expensive as buying a mastery amulet...

Prices are insane now, we going trough a hard time and they decide to raise prices on henchmen, gear and other stuff...

This is another example of Crowns vs Time.
You can either spend the Crowns to reset the Training Points you have spent on that character or you can spend the Time to make and level up a new character.

community@wizard101.com
Delver
Jun 21, 2009
Delver
Aug 15, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Daviato wrote:

You can either spend the Crowns to reset the Training Points you have spent on that character or you can spend the Time to make and level up a new character.

Actually leveling a character requires far more than just Time, it requires Subscriptions or Crowns to level up... Also new Character will have to start over on any accomplishments such as Badges, PvP Titles and many other things...

I will like to buy a Mastery Amulet but resetting my Training points cost way to much, why can't Current members get a better deal?

Hopefully you get my point of view...

Thanks

Survivor
Sep 15, 2011
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Daviato wrote:

I think KI's trying to be fair in their decision to limit the free buy-back of training points to wizards just starting out. If they wanted to make money, they would make far more by allowing a partial buy-back, because it seems to be the number one regret in the game. A lot of players would adjust their wizards to get their skills right.

However, there is one area where a partial buyback would be justified at a reduced cost later in the game, and that is with astral spells. We were exposed to these in Celestia for the first time, and may have been over-enthusiastic in buying them.

As a suggestion, perhaps there could be an astral counterpart to Mr Lincoln (from Golem Court) in Celestia who would buy back astral spells only at a reduced crown cost. That would mean that those training points could be reused more sensibly once the value of the astral spells had become more apparent through use.

It is true that you can always make another wizard, but it seems a shame to discard all the friendships and experience gained, just for the sake of a few training points.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I made all the mistakes with my first wizard, buying out of school spells in balance was one of them. I never regretted death to feint since I did solo quite a bit and it was handy to have for boss kills, this won't happen with my other wizards. I did not buy back I made do and was able to have enough training points for spells that enhance my life spells such as the Balance Blade from Niles and worked Sun to Colossus.

I currently have a wizard in every school and they are not spending any of their training points on any spells from any other school that do not in some way make my school spells better.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Daviato wrote:
Actually leveling a character requires far more than just Time, it requires Subscriptions or Crowns to level up... Also new Character will have to start over on any accomplishments such as Badges, PvP Titles and many other things...

I will like to buy a Mastery Amulet but resetting my Training points cost way to much, why can't Current members get a better deal?

Hopefully you get my point of view...

Thanks

I don't understand how leveling a new character "requires" subscriptions or crowns to level up. The point Greyrose is making is that you either spend Crowns to instantly change your training point allocation or you spend considerable time leveling up an entire new wizard with different training point allocation. You can either make a new wizard on the same account (free) or you delete the mistake wizard and make a new one (free).

It doesn't require any more subscriptions or crowns than your already paying for the "mistake" wizard.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
walrus211051 wrote:
I think KI's trying to be fair in their decision to limit the buy-back of training points to wizards just starting out. If they wanted to make money, they would make far more by allowing a partial buy-back, because it seems to be the number one regret in the game. A lot of players would adjust their wizards to get their skills right.

Actually, KI has offered discounted resetting before. It doesn't happen often, but training point buybacks have been on "sale" before.