Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Amazing how people can get away with this....

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 19, 2010
So I was going to look at item's and all of a sudden some person came up to me and said who want's crown item's.

So I say okay...... He friend's me and we trade..... After putting my cards I then cancel the trade and say and you think you can get away from this? So after he deside's to Swear at me I report him and then he report's ME for doing nothing wrong.

Scamer's need to back off before attempting to scam people out of treasure card's before they find themselve's banned!

Administrator
This was posted in our Ravenwood Bulletin newsletter, and felt that it needed to be reiterated here.

A Cautionary Tale
I thought this might be a good opportunity to remind our young Wizards to be wary of players promising gifts of mounts or other goodies, in exchange for your Treasure Cards.

Be sensible young Wizards, and ask yourselves if this person is really going to give you an item worth $30 of real money just for a few free Treasure Cards - the answer is, no, they're not. They're going to take your Treasure Cards and disappear. It's not a very nice thing to do, but all trades must be agreed upon by both parties. If the trade sounds too good to be true, it probably is, so don't accept the trade.

Please remember, reporting someone for 'scamming' you out of Treasure Cards is not valid, since you both had to agree to the trade. If what you see in the Trade window is not fair, regardless of what the player told you, don't agree to the trade, simple as that. Caveat emptor is a very powerful lesson to learn, young Wizards. Buyer Beware.

community@wizard101.com
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:
This was posted in our Ravenwood Bulletin newsletter, and felt that it needed to be reiterated here.

A Cautionary Tale
I thought this might be a good opportunity to remind our young Wizards to be wary of players promising gifts of mounts or other goodies, in exchange for your Treasure Cards.

Be sensible young Wizards, and ask yourselves if this person is really going to give you an item worth $30 of real money just for a few free Treasure Cards - the answer is, no, they're not. They're going to take your Treasure Cards and disappear. It's not a very nice thing to do, but all trades must be agreed upon by both parties. If the trade sounds too good to be true, it probably is, so don't accept the trade.

Please remember, reporting someone for 'scamming' you out of Treasure Cards is not valid, since you both had to agree to the trade. If what you see in the Trade window is not fair, regardless of what the player told you, don't agree to the trade, simple as that. Caveat emptor is a very powerful lesson to learn, young Wizards. Buyer Beware.

To bad most "young wizards" do not read the Ravenwood news. I see this almost every time I travel though the commons and shopping district and now I have become aggressive with it after they took my grandson for all his treasure cards because he did not know that not all wizards on the game are nice. I will stand directly in front of the person and keep repeating "he is going to steal your treasure cards and not give you a mount" over and over again until the slime ports away, usually other wizards that know better will join me and we become a group against the stealer. Still after all this warning some kids fall for it because they really, really, really want that fantastic mount they are being promised. When it's a level 60 doing this I just repeat shame on you stealing from kids at your level.

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
mariokartmaster28 wrote:
So I was going to look at item's and all of a sudden some person came up to me and said who want's crown item's.

So I say okay...... He friend's me and we trade..... After putting my cards I then cancel the trade and say and you think you can get away from this? So after he deside's to Swear at me I report him and then he report's ME for doing nothing wrong.

Scamer's need to back off before attempting to scam people out of treasure card's before they find themselve's banned!

This happened to me as well but luckily for me, i never use treasure cards. I couldn't imagine anyone wanting to scam people out of treasure cards lol. After all, you can only use them once!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Alexander5335 wrote:
mariokartmaster28 wrote:

This happened to me as well but luckily for me, i never use treasure cards. I couldn't imagine anyone wanting to scam people out of treasure cards lol. After all, you can only use them once!

They can be sold for gold, used in regular fights or I have heard the good ones are used in PVP.

The new double wizard Rhino mount has opened up a new scheme for these people they charge 1-3 treasure cards for a ride around the commons, the only up side to this rip off is they actually seem to give the ride so at least they are getting something for the cards.

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
brwac wrote:
Alexander5335 wrote:
mariokartmaster28 wrote:

They can be sold for gold, used in regular fights or I have heard the good ones are used in PVP.

The new double wizard Rhino mount has opened up a new scheme for these people they charge 1-3 treasure cards for a ride around the commons, the only up side to this rip off is they actually seem to give the ride so at least they are getting something for the cards.

That's terrible!!!!

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Rihanna12 wrote:
I can't believe it's not reportable :x.

I did not know in the beginning that it was not and did report them as others did around me, turns out I could of been the one banned, lol. If they swear at me I do report them because sometimes I do anger them enough to let it rip, I do not let up to warn the child what is going to really happen.

I used to play the game too often so unfortunately got to see more of the shady side then I would of liked to.

As stated by KI though lesson learned, I know my grandson never did this again and warned his other friends as needed. I can't always be there to stop everything bad that is going to happen but anything I do see I get in the middle of as I really don't want any wizard, young or old, to have a bad experience on this game. All my wizards have make a point of helping as many as they can and I am constantly being told I am nice.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Rihanna12 wrote:
I can't believe it's not reportable :x.

It should be,but KI is unwilling to do so.

Survivor
Sep 30, 2009
it would be nice to trade pets!?! You guys would attract lots of more more players! Think about more things in the game means lots of more fun. Which will attract more players to the game! ( more money from subs ) its just a win win for everyone!!!!!!!

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
This is why people need to use common sense. Plz dont make Greyrose repeat herself

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
yome64 wrote:
it would be nice to trade pets!?! You guys would attract lots of more more players! Think about more things in the game means lots of more fun. Which will attract more players to the game! ( more money from subs ) its just a win win for everyone!!!!!!!

You *can* trade pets amongst your characters via the Shared Bank. You can also gift a friend a Crowns pet. That is enough. People are already scamming others out of their Treasure Cards. If *we* could trade pets it would be worse.

KI is quite firm the only items we may trade are Treasure Cards and it will stay that way. I agree with them on that.

Megan *edit here*

Defender
Mar 11, 2010
I can possibly buy the treasures and give them to you for free.