Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

+2 Power Pip Wand & PvP

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Well, now is the time, with the new spells, to really start to think about newer wands that incorperate +2 power pips to start!

Now, the problem with this is, it seriously hinders PvP!

Therefore, I suggest, in PvP, if you are playing:

1v1, normal health!
2v2, you get 2 x Health
3v3, you get 3 x Health
4v4, you get 4 x Health

This would enable the +2 Power pip wands and keep PvP Balanced, so that more strategy is needed to win, rather than luck and criticals.

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
I would agree I think the time has come for a 2 power pip wand. With the more powerful spells and the number of power pips our enemies are starting with, the wizards of Ravenwood could use a little assistance.

Perhaps this could be added to the drop tables for the Transcended Tower we would all like to see come to fruition. Hopefully if added, it would have a better drop rate than the life force blade had. I would think it would need to be something more similar to the drops for level 70 gear. Failing that a quest where you got the wand as a reward similar to the level 55 wands we got would be good.

As far as it's use in PVP, I can't comment as I don't PVP enough to matter.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2010
The +2 power pips, I agree with.
We could use a little assistance, maybe if kingsisle makes these wands, 6,500 crowns or a boss drop from mirror lake?

The pvp health however, i do not.
An all storm team vs maybe an all ice team.
Ice at level 60+ has over 3,500 health at least.
My ice wizard had 4,300.
At level 60+ storm wizards have just over 2,000 health.
With level 70, ice's normal health is about 4,100. Storm's is around 2,800.

An all ice team with your idea of 4v4 health would have 16,400 health Per player. Meaning over 50,000 health in total (All the team added)
Whereas the all storm team would only have about 9,000 per player, adding to roughly 36,000 health in total.
I used this example as a baseline for health.

As I pvp a lot, in the different categories (1v1, 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4) and watch my friends pvp, i think health should just stay the same.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
SpiritalWolf wrote:
We could use a little assistance, maybe if kingsisle makes these wands, 6,500 crowns or a boss drop from mirror lake?

My ice wizard had 4,300.

An all ice team with your idea of 4v4 health would have 16,400 health Per player. Meaning over 50,000 health in total (All the team added)
Whereas the all storm team would only have about 9,000 per player, adding to roughly 36,000 health in total.

As I pvp a lot, in the different categories (1v1, 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4) and watch my friends pvp, i think health should just stay the same.

If you PvP a lot, then you know, a second round Storm lord by 4 storms would defeat anyone on the playing field. Which is why KI did not incorperate the +2 power pip wands when Celestia was released.

I know the differences in Health and resistance, but you also have to realize the differences in Power.

You would be amazed at how much this health idea would truly balance PvP and bring more strategy into the fold.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Make the Treasure cards of Elucidate and Simplify 'No PVP' and purchasable at the Zafarian vendor.

Release the 2+ Power Pip wand and make it No PVP.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2010
darthjt wrote:
SpiritalWolf wrote:

My ice wizard had 4,300.

If you PvP a lot, then you know, a second round Storm lord by 4 storms would defeat anyone on the playing field. Which is why KI did not incorperate the +2 power pip wands when Celestia was released.

I know the differences in Health and resistance, but you also have to realize the differences in Power.

You would be amazed at how much this health idea would truly balance PvP and bring more strategy into the fold.

I realize the differences in all the statistics, plus, a second round storm lord probably wont kill anyone on the playing field, if not boosted. You have to take shields into consideration, and accuracy. As storm have the lowest base accuracy in game, just because they have unstoppable & Infillable (idk how to spell it. Apologies if spelt wrong) they may still fizzle.
Plus you need to take pet talents into account. A pet with Proof & Defy could add up to about 15+% extra resist. A pet with pain giver could do about 7+% if maxed.

Survivor
Aug 18, 2011
darthjt wrote:
Well, now is the time, with the new spells, to really start to think about newer wands that incorperate +2 power pips to start!

1v1, normal health!
2v2, you get 2 x Health
3v3, you get 3 x Health
4v4, you get 4 x Health

This would enable the +2 Power pip wands and keep PvP Balanced, so that more strategy is needed to win, rather than luck and criticals.

I think that the wands would only give +2 of any type of pips only in 4 vs 4 or it would be too overpowering

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
I am a huge group pvper, and I can say that the amount you increase the health is way too much. Your forgetting about healing and resistance, a match would never end. X2 health would be good enough for a 4v4.

-Solstice64

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
I remember this! Celestia used to have the lvl 55 wands come with 2 power pips. Until too many people complained. :?

Survivor
Jul 11, 2009
+2 power pips on wand would be nice we all know that... But in pvp the health does not necessarily need to change because KI can make it on the +2 power pip wands, that when used in pvp only supply one power pip instead of the usual two.

I just don't want to versus a team of lvl 70 ice wizards with double or triple the usual health. :?

Armiger
May 10, 2010
SpiritalWolf wrote:
darthjt wrote:
SpiritalWolf wrote:

My ice wizard had 4,300.

I realize the differences in all the statistics, plus, a second round storm lord probably wont kill anyone on the playing field, if not boosted. You have to take shields into consideration, and accuracy. As storm have the lowest base accuracy in game, just because they have unstoppable & Infillable (idk how to spell it. Apologies if spelt wrong) they may still fizzle.
Plus you need to take pet talents into account. A pet with Proof & Defy could add up to about 15+% extra resist. A pet with pain giver could do about 7+% if maxed.

Storm with standard Waterworks gear has 67% damage increase!
Add 7 from Ring, Add 5 from athame for another 12%
giving storm 79% damage increase. Add another 6% from pet = 85%

Storm Lord = 695 + 225 Gargantuan = 920
Storm Lord = 695 + 275 Colossal = 970

920 + 85% Damage increase = 1702
970 + 85% Damage increase = 1795

Now we play the if game... If the first round they all shield and do not add any boosts...

4 players attacking with Storm Lord and no boosts =
6808 with Gargantuan Enchantment
7180 with Colossus Enchantment

Now, any or all could have easily used a 30% blade or a 35% blade seriously increasing this attack or attacks and/or any one of them could have hit a critical, which would double the damage if not blocked!

PvP Players may have 45% resistance if they are lucky which means that
3744 damage would go through with Gargantuan and no Blades
3949 damage would go through with Colossus and no Blades

Now, if they all put up as storm shield, the first attack would probably lose 70% of it's effectiveness, meaning!

3089 Damage for Gargantuan and no Blades

Now mind you, this is stating, that none of them blade! Also stating that no critical is given! This would also stun for 1 round, so if nobody cast Conviction, they all would be stunned for 1 round, so only 1 storm had to cast storm lord while the rest did use blades, then a storm lord and even if everyone shielded life, a round of Tempest following that attack would finish any possible team.

There would have to be a counter, meaning either make the wands No PvP, or make Health increase per player.

1v1 Same Health
2v2 Doubles your health
3v3 Triples your health
4v4 Quadruples your health

It is a good and rational idea!

Explorer
Aug 14, 2011
darthjt wrote:

1v1, normal health!
2v2, you get 2 x Health
3v3, you get 3 x Health
4v4, you get 4 x Health

Yeah, I agree, especially with that health idea . Maybe it could be a possible drop from Mirror Lake, or 5000 crowns, like the Lifeforce Blade. Also, K.I., can you start thinking about some new lvl 70 gear, kinda like the W-works gear, but better. Maybe even bring back Simplify (not Elucidate) If you think about it, with Simplify, you can't use Collossal, so it's not too overpowered

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
darthjt wrote:
SpiritalWolf wrote:
darthjt wrote:
SpiritalWolf wrote:

My ice wizard had 4,300.

Storm with standard Waterworks gear has 67% damage increase!
Add 7 from Ring, Add 5 from athame for another 12%
giving storm 79% damage increase. Add another 6% from pet = 85%

Storm Lord = 695 + 225 Gargantuan = 920
Storm Lord = 695 + 275 Colossal = 970

920 + 85% Damage increase = 1702
970 + 85% Damage increase = 1795

Now we play the if game... If the first round they all shield and do not add any boosts...

4 players attacking with Storm Lord and no boosts =
6808 with Gargantuan Enchantment
7180 with Colossus Enchantment

Now, any or all could have easily used a 30% blade or a 35% blade seriously increasing this attack or attacks and/or any one of them could have hit a critical, which would double the damage if not blocked!

PvP Players may have 45% resistance if they are lucky which means that
3744 damage would go through with Gargantuan and no Blades
3949 damage would go through with Colossus and no Blades

Now, if they all put up as storm shield, the first attack would probably lose 70% of it's effectiveness, meaning!

3089 Damage for Gargantuan and no Blades

Now mind you, this is stating, that none of them blade! Also stating that no critical is given! This would also stun for 1 round, so if nobody cast Conviction, they all would be stunned for 1 round, so only 1 storm had to cast storm lord while the rest did use blades, then a storm lord and even if everyone shielded life, a round of Tempest following that attack would finish any possible team.

There would have to be a counter, meaning either make the wands No PvP, or make Health increase per player.

1v1 Same Health
2v2 Doubles your health
3v3 Triples your health
4v4 Quadruples your health

It is a good and rational idea!

I agree, storm is way overrated in pvp with invincible stats

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
darthjt wrote:

1v1, normal health!
2v2, you get 2 x Health
3v3, you get 3 x Health
4v4, you get 4 x Health

Are you kidding about the 2-4x the health? In pvp, you have to remember to keep your defences high, otherwise you're not very good in strategy. Pvp is balanced, but not the waterworks gear. And starting out with 6 pips is a little too much, 1 power pip and one white pip is fine. Considering that 9 is an odd number as well as 5.