Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are You Missing Friends on your List?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 24, 2009
Are you missing friends on your friends list, how about an idea of where you can type in someones name in a Friend Search like for example, you type in say the name: Grace Whitestorm or if you dont remember there last name just type in the first name Grace, it gives you a list of the names and pictures of the name Grace and search it in till you find the right Grace or Ronan or Scarlet, it will even let you know if that person is on or not and gives you there location and what realm and what area that there in, but you wont be able to port to them, you would have to travel to where they are at :D

Valkoor Titanblade lvl 67 Fire

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Names are not unique. You could easily end up with thousands of people with the same first and last name.

Survivor
May 24, 2009
Pyrsik wrote:
Names are not unique. You could easily end up with thousands of people with the same first and last name.

thats the whole point to having character picture in the first place pyrsik, the picture that it shows will help you reconize them if that is the person your looking for if you dont remember that persons last name, cause your also forgetting not everyone would have the same face, hair style, facial color, or hair color.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2010
Pyrsik wrote:

Well it's not just names.
Sure, there might be 100 Luke SkyWalkers in game, but not all of them will be on someone's list and chances are they won't look the same. People that have names that are unusual, like Brynn LightSeeker for example, will be less common, and easier to find on a list.

In this case, I think this would be a great idea. Especially for people that have over 50 friends. As a player with a full list of 120, it can become difficult to find a friend if they're not online at the time. Or maybe if I accidently delete a friend I havent talked to, so I cant message them. This feature would allow people to add back people they accidently delete and help us find friends on our list easily.

Delver
Sep 27, 2009
ValeDonte wrote:
Are you missing friends on your friends list, how about an idea of where you can type in someones name in a Friend Search like for example, you type in say the name: Grace Whitestorm or if you dont remember there last name just type in the first name Grace, it gives you a list of the names and pictures of the name Grace and search it in till you find the right Grace or Ronan or Scarlet, it will even let you know if that person is on or not and gives you there location and what realm and what area that there in, but you wont be able to port to them, you would have to travel to where they are at :D

Valkoor Titanblade lvl 67 Fire

Nice idea.If I wanted to become friends with these wizes that are saying they need friends,then I can just type their name in and travel to them and become friends with them!! Nice idea!!!

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
If your missing friends on your list they are hiding from you or they deleted you. Plus there could be over a million people with the same name and they could have the same gear. Also your old friend might have changed his gear! Not a very good idea I must say.

Survivor
Aug 14, 2011
I love that idea I would use it. I have one more thing to add though. It should show you the person, you should be able to whisper, and you can see their stats.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
Pyrsik wrote:

there could be a school filter and a filter if he/she has ever been on your friend list