Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life after completing the Legendary Crafter

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
I was pleased to get it - don't get me wrong - but I've come up on an issue and I am not sure if I am seeing it right. After completing the badge, I went back and purchased the amulet recipes which would - by the card - allow me access to one card of the 8 pip spells for the other disciplines. Cool! (I thought) I get to phase them into my strategy giving me more flexibility in a fight. The awarded card is not a treasure card - but a standard card. What I found was I cannot get enough pips to use the card. I am a Legendary Pyromancer. The card I completed allowed me access to the Balance spell - Ra. 8 pips is 8 pips and without something like the Myth amulet - I need 8 pips to cast the thing. (Obviously, I can't change my amulet to the Myth amulet as I would have no access to the spell.)

Assuming I haven't overlooked an obvious answer, there are two possible solutions that I can see.
- Make these spells discipline specific so somebody like me doesn't show up and waste a whole lot of gold on a piece of equipment I can't use.
- Give everybody the capacity for one more pip.

Has anyone else come across this and found a solution I might have missed?

Defender
Feb 28, 2011
goldentiger426 wrote:
I was pleased to get it - don't get me wrong - but I've come up on an issue and I am not sure if I am seeing it right. After completing the badge, I went back and purchased the amulet recipes which would - by the card - allow me access to one card of the 8 pip spells for the other disciplines. Cool! (I thought) I get to phase them into my strategy giving me more flexibility in a fight. The awarded card is not a treasure card - but a standard card. What I found was I cannot get enough pips to use the card. I am a Legendary Pyromancer. The card I completed allowed me access to the Balance spell - Ra. 8 pips is 8 pips and without something like the Myth amulet - I need 8 pips to cast the thing. (Obviously, I can't change my amulet to the Myth amulet as I would have no access to the spell.)

Assuming I haven't overlooked an obvious answer, there are two possible solutions that I can see.
- Make these spells discipline specific so somebody like me doesn't show up and waste a whole lot of gold on a piece of equipment I can't use.

All I can say is if that spell is vital to your game play you WILL need a mastery amulet for balance. I initially got the storm amulet as storm is my second school, myth being my primary. I then got the hawk gear which had a life elephant spell, and I was using an inferno beast pet for a bit, so I also bought a life amulet. this was not really worth the purchase for my myth student unless I was fighting using only my myth spells and no storm. I have since transfered the hawk gear to my life student so she has the life elephant spell (nice to add different spells you dont have access to in your normal deck) and i've changed pets to a topaz kraken who will on occasion gift me a storm blade plus heal me, and has feint card. I did get a balance mastery amulet as a drop somewhere, but idk which student I will pass that on to, since most of my other girls have life as second school, so my life amulet will pass to my fire student, and my life student has a death amulet for her second school spells. I had tons of skeletal dragon treasure cards but discovered as you did that no matter how long you wait we can't get the 8th pip required for these top lvl spells :-( So I transfered all the skeletal dragon treasure cards to my life student since I have no need for them :-(
It would be nice if they would give us an extra pip spot but I doubt it will happen, then we wouldnt purchase as many mastery amulets. Tho I also realized that without the amulet you waste a lot of time in the game, and sometimes come near death waiting for 6 or 7 pips for a spell from a different school. Not worth the wait, mastery amulet was one of the best ideas they came out with :-) Now if only kids in the hatchery wouldnt beg for the forest lord mixed pet versions just for the spell which they wont be able to use without the amulet but they cant get it thru their heads that the amulet is required if they want to use the pet's spell :-(

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
Thanks for responding - your reorganizing story actually gave me a path where the amulet purchase is not a total waste - just not as much "fun" as I was envisioning. I honestly had not thought about reorganizing my "stock." This is a good first time experience for me on the message boards. Thanks.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
goldentiger426 wrote:

The Solution, plain and simple, is that they need to add 'School Mastery' to these amulets. We're Legendary Artisans, for crying out loud, and the gear we craft in ZF is far worse than the Grandmaster Artisan gear we got access to in WT. I have already posted on a different post and on the W101 FB about what I think the Level 66+ Legendary Artisan gear should look like stat-wise. The only reason I can think of allowing everyone to buy the recipe is so that you only have to raise 1 Artisan.

Also, we should be able to craft Teleport Tapestries. For those that haven't seen these Tapestries, the Nightside one randomly came in the Nightmare Pack, and there are also an Arena (Super Bundle) and Bazaar (Hawkrider Bundle) Tapestry. I would love to be able to craft all of these and more. I'd love a Teleport Tapestry to Ambrose's Office, a Teleport Tapestry to Ravenwood, and a Teleport Tapestry to Krokosphinx Island (Niles + Balance School). Other areas I'd like to see Teleport Tapestries to would include places like Haunted Cave (near Nightshade's Tower), and maybe even a Special 'Teleport Tapestry' that took you into a Boss Fight.

Defender
Feb 28, 2011
goldentiger426 wrote:
Thanks for responding - your reorganizing story actually gave me a path where the amulet purchase is not a total waste - just not as much "fun" as I was envisioning. I honestly had not thought about reorganizing my "stock." This is a good first time experience for me on the message boards. Thanks.

You are very welcome :-) glad I could help. Now is it possible that you or someone could give me some detailed info on the legend crafting badge, what item you will need to craft, i think i know who to get it from, but also, is there a lvl restriction on what lvl you must be to actually get the legend crafting quest from the guy? i'm myth lvl 63, have grandmaster artisan, but the guy in zafaria someone took me to did not have the new crafting quest for me :-( I'm really looking forward to doing this, but would like a heads up on what items will need to be crafted so that while I wait to get to the correct lvl, I can start saving or getting the reagents needed. Thx in advance for any info :-)
Taryn RavenHeart

Champion
May 03, 2011
i'm myth lvl 63, have grandmaster artisan, but the guy in zafaria someone took me to did not have the new crafting quest for me I'm really looking forward to doing this, but would like a heads up on what items will need to be crafted so that while I wait to get to the correct lvl, I can start saving or getting the reagents needed. Thx in advance for any info

The guy you get the quest from is in Baobab Market; his name is Koyate (sp?) Ghostmane. If you are a Grandmaster Artisan and have access to Zafaria, you should be able to get the quest "Drum a Little Drum" (I think that's what it's called). You may have to complete a defeat and collect from this guy first, though, to get his crafting supplies back. When you first get to ZF he's at the Crossroads (Common area)--after you complete this quest he moves to the market and has the quest for you. You need to make two Spirit Caller Drums. This also requires a recipe for Conga Drums, which you can get from the Celestia recipe guy at the Base Camp.