Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Request to add a Name

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 10, 2011
I was wondering if it's possbile to request to add the name "Sora" to your name list's when creating a wizard. Thanks

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
It seems so random to add a Japanese name to a list that mainly consists of European names.

Survivor
Sep 10, 2011
There is nothing Random for a name request no matter what the name of who's playing. I've seen a player with the name "Suri" on wizard101 but somehow its not in the name play lists. Anyway a request is still a request don't knock it down and there are other Random names in the lists as well.

Explorer
Apr 20, 2009
Please don't add Japanese names. One think I really like about Wizard101 is that it's an MMORPG without any anime or japanese influence or anything. It is more kinda universal. :?

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
JaySora123 wrote:
There is nothing Random for a name request no matter what the name of who's playing. I've seen a player with the name "Suri" on wizard101 but somehow its not in the name play lists. Anyway a request is still a request don't knock it down and there are other Random names in the lists as well.

"Suri" is a girl's name; it's Hebrew (not Japanese) for "princess". Most of the names on the lists are European in origin or are more antiquated, so Sora would stick out like a sore thumb. I'm not "knocking" your request; that would be saying your request is stupid or bad without giving any reason as to why I feel that way. I'm just saying it wouldn't really fit in with the other names on the list.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Pyrsik wrote:
How about adding some fun redneck names? "Podunk" would be a good one.

Uh...'podunk' isn't a name. It means "a small, remote, and unimportant place."

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
name are just name regardless of where they sound like that come from.

and that would stand out not more then milo or niles or roger would

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
hobi wrote:
name are just name regardless of where they sound like that come from.

and that would stand out not more then milo or niles or roger would

Milo, Niles, and Roger aren't popular names, but they're not completely uncommon. Sora, on the other hand, is pretty much unheard of to anyone who isn't Japanese and/or hasn't play Kingdom Hearts.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Uh...'podunk' isn't a name. It means "a small, remote, and unimportant place."

LOL...I was being facetious.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
There are names I want too. Here are some of them:
Jade
Jada
Arianna
Ashlyn
Esmeralda
Liliana (Or it could be just Lilly for short)

Defender
Feb 28, 2011
kwikkar wrote:
Please don't add Japanese names. One think I really like about Wizard101 is that it's an MMORPG without any anime or japanese influence or anything. It is more kinda universal. :?

This is kind of a slap in the face to any players, US or otherwise, who may be of japanese decent. I think we need some new names added for the players and pets, and i dont think we should discriminate names based on their 'origin'

Survivor
Dec 17, 2009
maybe they would add these names too: Barbra, Jill, Claire, Massie, Shay,Tally, Abby, Ava, Zoey/Zoe, Carly, Lily, Camille, Lisa, Peyton, and maybe Yasmine?

Survivor
Oct 17, 2010
I know all of you hate it, but I like the idea "Sora" as a name. Yes, I know it's Japanese, but wouldn't it be fun to add names from each world? The Wizard City names are, obviously, what we already have for the name choices. We could have "Krokotopian" names (Egyptain, Middle Eastern, etc.), "MooShu" names (I've noticed that MooShu sort of mixes Japanese and Chinese, which is a little interesting, so we could have names from both), and even "DragonSpyre" names. I don't really know what these would be, maybe Russian? :P I've noticed that most of the people in DragonSpyre, if you listen to their voices, they have Russian accents... lol.

Anyway, that's my idea. So yes, I like the idea of adding more names.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
TarynHeart wrote:
kwikkar wrote:

This is kind of a slap in the face to any players, US or otherwise, who may be of japanese decent. I think we need some new names added for the players and pets, and i dont think we should discriminate names based on their 'origin'

What this guy said. At least for the pets!

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
SilverAmarantine wrote:
I know all of you hate it, but I like the idea "Sora" as a name. Yes, I know it's Japanese, but wouldn't it be fun to add names from each world? The Wizard City names are, obviously, what we already have for the name choices. We could have "Krokotopian" names (Egyptain, Middle Eastern, etc.), "MooShu" names (I've noticed that MooShu sort of mixes Japanese and Chinese, which is a little interesting, so we could have names from both), and even "DragonSpyre" names. I don't really know what these would be, maybe Russian? :P I've noticed that most of the people in DragonSpyre, if you listen to their voices, they have Russian accents... lol.

Anyway, that's my idea. So yes, I like the idea of adding more names.

I, personally, never said I hated the idea; I just thought the name would be so out of place on a list of mainly European names. Anyway, I'm not sure adding all those names would be necessary since they might not be popular in the first place. Also, I think the names are supposed to be unique to Wizard City. It'd be kinda annoying to me to see a Wizard City wizard named Shigeru or Ming walking around when those names are exclusive to MooShu. I don't know; it's just me I guess. The Dragonspyre names (which are Eastern European) are also exclusive to Dragonspyre for the most part.

Champion
Mar 19, 2009