Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

High Lvls Teaming Up with Lower Lvls

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 15, 2009
Here we go again, high level wizards teaming up with low level wizards!

Two lvl70 and one lvl10 go against lvl50's and lvl40's...

That's crazy!

Still don't understand why this issue hasn't been fix? I mean do you think a lvl50 or lvl40 have gear compare to lvl70 or have the power or health?

Great way to rank up? Or I shall say, cheap way to rank up?

And those doing this you should be ashamed of taking down new players like that...

This is not only affecting current players but also newer players going to the arena...

I hope KI can actually Improve their PvP system...

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
First the lower lvl probably has a lvl 70 and they are all friends. Just because someone is a low level doesnt mean they are new. Also there is no rule on teaming up with low lvls if you are a lvl 70. I used to do this until I quit PvP and i tell you it is a great way to rank up. 8)

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
First the lower lvl probably has a lvl 70 and they are all friends. Just because someone is a low level doesnt mean they are new. Also there is no rule on teaming up with low lvls if you are a lvl 70. I used to do this until I quit PvP and i tell you it is a great way to rank up. 8)

I think there should be a rule and not allowing low levels teaming up with high levels.

That's very unfair that a lvl70 and lvl10 go against level 40's or 50's...

Even if the lvl10 is defeated during combat, the lvl70 has way more power and health and on top of that has Critical! I don't think that a lvl40 or lvl50 have any good gear that will allow them to block critical.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
There is nothing great about a level 1 wizard with arena gear purposely downranked to a subprivate rank of 0-50 teaming with a transcendent wizard for the sole reason of getting two sitting ducks as opponents. With the low level and rank of the transcendent's partner the matching system will successfully pit them against two wizards who 9/10 times do not have critical or block and are dead before the match has started. There is always the exception of a hard team of magus assassins who hunt for these type of teams ;)... But for the most part it just makes team play more volatile and takes the fun out of it.

I think if they put a cap on the level gap between partners (15 levels?) it would not only fix the OP's problem but draw more people into group pvp. I stand clear of group pvp because of this type of thing that seems to be occurring more often.

To the OP.. All you can do until this is looked at is

A) stick to 1 vs 1
B) start your own exploit team
C) keep fighting these unfair types of matches

Sad but pick one or just leave pvp like I'm sure many do when hit with this type of team.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
Even if a high level teams up with a low level doesnt mean that the other team wont win you just have to have a strategy bring treasures. treasures dont make you a treasure noob the other team would do it with the low level. i had this experience before with my level 28 ice but my friends and i usually won most of the time against a high level with low level we bring monstrous blizzards tempest ect to finish the low levels first turn then just shield and slowly kill the higher level. Hope this helped. 8)

Explorer
Aug 14, 2011
Daviato wrote:

That's crazy!

Still don't understand why this issue hasn't been fix? I mean do you think a lvl50 or lvl40 have gear compare to lvl70 or have the power or health?

And those doing this you should be ashamed of taking down new players like that...

This is not only affecting current players but also newer players going to the arena...

I found this interesting, so I went out and tried it for my self. This is what happened:
First, I was a legend Commander and teamed up with a friend that was lvl 1 private
Second, We did NOT battle maguses lol, we battled a Legend and a lvl 10
Third, it was just a battle to see who goes first
Again, I tried this, but the other way around:
First, I got on my lvl 7 Captain
Second, teamed up with 2 transcendeds
3rd, guess what happened... We battled 2 transcended warlords with a private Novice
4th, again it was just a battle to see who goes first
I did this AGAIN but in 2v2 with a lvl 68 Fire. We actually battled 2 lvl 30's, who ended up winning, because, AGAIN it was a battle for who goes first
So, 2 out of 3 times, they will battle another High/low lvl team. Just my thoughts :-o :-o

Defender
Feb 06, 2010
My partner and I, both lvl 60s at the time, battled a lvl 60 and a lvl 9 (a guy who had 2 accounts.) At the start of the match he had so much "confidence" and said things like: "This will be an easy win XD" "I'm on both accounts, I never lose LOL, sucks for you XD". To that, I simply replied: "We'll see. Good luck."

So anyway, I used a gargantuan sandstorm on the FIRST TURN to take out the lower lvl, so he called me a "noob" then fled from both accounts.........

My point: if you can kill the lower lvl first, hurry!! B/c the higher lvl usually needs the lower one for blades/shields/infection/weakness and any other treasures that are useful.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2011
Daviato wrote:

That's crazy!

They don't always fight lower levels. I have watched a couple of these low & high lvl teams & since they're are so many trying to do this, they end up fighting another low & high lvl team. It then becomes an equal match. I tried this once with my cousin, I was the high lvl... Guess what? We ran in to our other friends on our other accounts, it was a surprise but we both had low & high lvl teams so it was equal. I ended up winning tho and I got a "little" more points than the usual. So it isn't always against maguses...

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
Pablooooo wrote:
Daviato wrote:

That's crazy!

They don't always fight lower levels. I have watched a couple of these low & high lvl teams & since they're are so many trying to do this, they end up fighting another low & high lvl team. It then becomes an equal match. I tried this once with my cousin, I was the high lvl... Guess what? We ran in to our other friends on our other accounts, it was a surprise but we both had low & high lvl teams so it was equal. I ended up winning tho and I got a "little" more points than the usual. So it isn't always against maguses...

As you say many people are doing this that they are getting match up correctly... Still the point is this shouldn't be allow low players teaming up with high levels..

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
Daviato wrote:

I don't think that a lvl50 have any good gear that will allow them to block critical.
Level 50 can get good block, If you buy the mega bundle there is a wand for level 50 that gives 30 critical and 30 block an the boots for level 50 give 10 block as well. That is 40, with convection it is 140. 140 is decent.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
In my opinion, all is fair in war. I say go ahead, chain stun, use treasure cards, have a super healing pet, and fight off weaker enemies. Why? Because they are strategies to counter this. By stun block treasures, train your pet, get some friends and rank up.

And on a finally note PvP is optional. You dont have to do it. Ok.