Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Guys Like Pink To!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
kinsisle should change that. There is no typicall color for type of gender. Every1 has their own favorite color. My frined is a bot and he likes red. My teacher was a women who like blue

Defender
Jan 20, 2010
qwertyuiop749 wrote:
i didnt know guys cant get pink! if this is so, i guess girls cant get a color like dark blue or something

girl characters lack access to light brown, which is the height of foolishness, as the in game lore says that the two colors for the balance school are maroon, and tan (AKA. light brown!)

Survivor
Sep 20, 2008
I agree that clothing and colors shouldn't be based on gender. Just about everything should be unisex. Like the Christmas hat I got today - I thought I'd get a proper Santa hat but it's a bonnet! I wouldn't be caught dead in that thing. Sometimes people try so hard not to insult or too hard to be politically correct that the opposite is achieved.

Mastermind
May 02, 2009
qwertyuiop749 wrote:
i didnt know guys cant get pink! if this is so, i guess girls cant get a color like dark blue or something
you thinking brown(i read the girl wanting to wear brown posts.)

Mastermind
May 02, 2009
JinZah wrote:
qwertyuiop749 wrote:

girl characters lack access to light brown, which is the height of foolishness, as the in game lore says that the two colors for the balance school are maroon, and tan (AKA. light brown!)
fire is red,pink, and(some other color)

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
With the unfortunate massive case of a certain kind of phobia, no game developer ever wants to encourage "flamboyant" players.

Lord forbid. And, that would open up a whole new set of problems for KI to deal with.

Parents would become outraged and send massive amounts of hate mail to KI demanding why they would allow their little son to wear pink colors. Lord forbid that their son would ever have a flamboyant part of personality. Ever!!!!!

No one cares about girls and their colors, since a girl can be as flamboyant as she wants and it would be considered normal for a girl. Most likely KI thought if they restricted boy colors, they would need to do so for girls too.

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
Shiningfantasia wrote:
With the unfortunate massive case of a certain kind of phobia, no game developer ever wants to encourage "flamboyant" players.

Lord forbid. And, that would open up a whole new set of problems for KI to deal with.

Parents would become outraged and send massive amounts of hate mail to KI demanding why they would allow their little son to wear pink colors. Lord forbid that their son would ever have a flamboyant part of personality. Ever!!!!!

No one cares about girls and their colors, since a girl can be as flamboyant as she wants and it would be considered normal for a girl. Most likely KI thought if they restricted boy colors, they would need to do so for girls too.

I do not agree. . .

I mean I do find some points on where some people might take this offensive but I like the game how it is. I mean when I think of playing this game I think of girls section and a guys section. That is why there are splits in the game. There are girls clothes, colors, looks ect, and the same for boys. There is even different dorm rooms to show this as well. This game was made to be played by both genders. Some things can change like a santa hat for girls or other little picky things, but nothing is ever going to be perfect. I see where that is acceptable to want some things to change. My best guess is by limiting colors it shows allows diversity for girls and the same for guys. It gives them something that the other does not have. This is not saying guys are better than girls or girls are better than guys. Its just how life in general is.

You gotta remember this is a kids game. My question to you is what would happen if you switched the girls colors with the boys colors? What would happen if a boy wanted to wear heals, or a dress and a skirt in the game? Girls playing the game would not like it nor would the boys if the colors were switched, and that shows that there are things that are not available to both genders. I am not trying to be sexist or stereotypical but I feel as if the game is fine how it is. I find it that both genders like how the game is made as to why there haven't been many complaints I have seen on the issue.

The reality is the game is made to best interpret the gender split. There are differences between guys and girls. I am not saying whether I believe that is right or not, but I am saying you must acknowledge that. There is no uni-character. There is no character that both girls and guys must be. This would upset people even more because there is no diversity. So K.I made the game even even better by allowing there to be two genders.

*side note*

Also I like your post on flamboyant players. It holds some truth to it I believe. But think of what KI would have to go through. Adding pink or other aspects to the game would cause more and more problems. I can imagine that there would be more and more reporting of players because of abuse towards out there guys. People would find ways to make fun of them or belittle them.

Plus I am not trying to be rude here when I say this but there are more important things to attend to in this game. There are 15 million people playing this game. Imagine how much data that is? Now think of KI following every little complaint report or bug that goes on in this game? That is allot of hours they put for to make this game enjoyable for the rest of us. Now your asking for KI to spend more money to make an art team to create the concept of pink, and go through and apply that to every single item. I mean people do not think of background cost before they complain. There are more important issues for KI to attend to and in my opinion they have done a great job with the game. People have played that game up until this point loving it, and that is not going to change over colors of clothes.

Maybe people should learn to not take what they have for granite and learn to appreciate it.

There is nothing wrong with how K.I has made the game. They are not saying girls are better to guys or vice versa. They are acknowledging that there are preferences between girls and boys and modeled in when they designed the game. This also reflects the views of society today also. Everything they have done up to this point is fine in my opinion. Great job K.I on what you have done to make this game allot of fun.

Happy Holidays,

Blake NightWraith

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Shiningfantasia wrote:

What did you just call me... I'm offended

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
fx41001 wrote:
Shiningfantasia wrote:

I do not agree. . .

I mean I do find some points on where some people might take this offensive but I like the game how it is. I mean when I think of playing this game I think of girls section and a guys section. That is why there are splits in the game. There are girls clothes, colors, looks ect, and the same for boys. There is even different dorm rooms to show this as well. This game was made to be played by both genders. Some things can change like a santa hat for girls or other little picky things, but nothing is ever going to be perfect. I see where that is acceptable to want some things to change. My best guess is by limiting colors it shows allows diversity for girls and the same for guys. It gives them something that the other does not have. This is not saying guys are better than girls or girls are better than guys. Its just how life in general is.

You gotta remember this is a kids game. My question to you is what would happen if you switched the girls colors with the boys colors? What would happen if a boy wanted to wear heals, or a dress and a skirt in the game? Girls playing the game would not like it nor would the boys if the colors were switched, and that shows that there are things that are not available to both genders. I am not trying to be sexist or stereotypical but I feel as if the game is fine how it is. I find it that both genders like how the game is made as to why there haven't been many complaints I have seen on the issue.

The reality is the game is made to best interpret the gender split. There are differences between guys and girls. I am not saying whether I believe that is right or not, but I am saying you must acknowledge that. There is no uni-character. There is no character that both girls and guys must be. This would upset people even more because there is no diversity. So K.I made the game even even better by allowing there to be two genders.

*side note*

Also I like your post on flamboyant players. It holds some truth to it I believe. But think of what KI would have to go through. Adding pink or other aspects to the game would cause more and more problems. I can imagine that there would be more and more reporting of players because of abuse towards out there guys. People would find ways to make fun of them or belittle them.

Plus I am not trying to be rude here when I say this but there are more important things to attend to in this game. There are 15 million people playing this game. Imagine how much data that is? Now think of KI following every little complaint report or bug that goes on in this game? That is allot of hours they put for to make this game enjoyable for the rest of us. Now your asking for KI to spend more money to make an art team to create the concept of pink, and go through and apply that to every single item. I mean people do not think of background cost before they complain. There are more important issues for KI to attend to and in my opinion they have done a great job with the game. People have played that game up until this point loving it, and that is not going to change over colors of clothes.

Maybe people should learn to not take what they have for granite and learn to appreciate it.

There is nothing wrong with how K.I has made the game. They are not saying girls are better to guys or vice versa. They are acknowledging that there are preferences between girls and boys and modeled in when they designed the game. This also reflects the views of society today also. Everything they have done up to this point is fine in my opinion. Great job K.I on what you have done to make this game allot of fun.

Happy Holidays,

Blake NightWraith

First off, high heels wear first worn by men (ancient rome), I kinda find that hard to believe myself, but its true. Also pink is more of a mans color than a girl's color. And they should just make there be one color system for both genders. Plus, they have purple for men which is a BIG mistake, if you know what that color symbolizes... So long story short, I have done a survey with my friends in the game and my friends in real life and they all like the color pink, except for some (boys and girls). That is why I say to make it be one color system that is the same for boys and girls, so it's a compromise...

Survivor
Aug 25, 2010
Oh boy, what has the spiral come too. Soon guys will be wanting cute little wings, because they are "manly" too.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Lol. Well, there were posts addressing the issue of not having fairy wings with more boy colors. xD

FX41001, I had fun reading your post.

It is exactly true. So far, I never had an issue with certain colors, or appearances. Actualy, I never started to think about that until I formulated some kind of reply in my head for this thread.

Just pretend your wizard is wearing pink. If anything, carry the pink piggle around with your wizard when just casually walking around the cities.

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
fx41001 wrote:
Shiningfantasia wrote:

I do not agree. . .

*side note*

Happy Holidays,

Blake NightWraith

First off, high heels wear first worn by men (ancient rome), I kinda find that hard to believe myself, but its true. Also pink is more of a mans color than a girl's color. And they should just make there be one color system for both genders. Plus, they have purple for men which is a BIG mistake, if you know what that color symbolizes... So long story short, I have done a survey with my friends in the game and my friends in real life and they all like the color pink, except for some (boys and girls). That is why I say to make it be one color system that is the same for boys and girls, so it's a compromise...

Being the avid learner I am I was actually excited to learn something knew because I had not heard men wore heels first. I went out and did research to see if that was right. Let me ask you a question. Did you even do any research? Heels were actually not first worn by the roman's and they were worn long before Romans. From what people do know, women were the first to wear them, and then they became a fashion of men, which then dropped off completely. There are many cultures around the world in history. The Chinese women would modify their feet in shoes similar to heels to impress the men. Egyptian women are depicted in wall paintings having worn them as well, to be more attractive to men. These are well before the roman's came into the picture. It is true that roman men did wear heels but the roman women wore them first. Then Roman men would wear them to social events and gathering. Later that dropped off because other things were of fashion and there were differences between the men and the women of the time. So your "facts" on history is wrong. Do research it helps.

Also, from my survey of friends irl that play this game and people in the game they like the game how it is. More people that I have asked will say pink is a girl's color. I have gone out into the game and asked random people as well. They said that pink is more of a girls colors and there was not really reason to change the game. They like it the way it is. I do not agree myself but I will say that is what I have found. Color is not based on gender. But I still see no reason K.I needs to do this to the game and waste there money to help a minority when they have important issues to attend to in the game.

Blake NightWraith

Survivor
Jun 27, 2010
Dear David StrongHammer,

I totally agree with you pink should be worn by men to, I mean not girl clothes but like pink as a color choice pink is a color too and if girls can wear it, boys can too! That is a really Really REALLY good idea I think KI should consider it at least.

Sinceraly, Aaron MythBlade :-D

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
fx41001 wrote:
fx41001 wrote:
Shiningfantasia wrote:

I do not agree. . .

*side note*

Happy Holidays,

Blake NightWraith

Being the avid learner I am I was actually excited to learn something knew because I had not heard men wore heels first. I went out and did research to see if that was right. Let me ask you a question. Did you even do any research? Heels were actually not first worn by the roman's and they were worn long before Romans. From what people do know, women were the first to wear them, and then they became a fashion of men, which then dropped off completely. There are many cultures around the world in history. The Chinese women would modify their feet in shoes similar to heels to impress the men. Egyptian women are depicted in wall paintings having worn them as well, to be more attractive to men. These are well before the roman's came into the picture. It is true that roman men did wear heels but the roman women wore them first. Then Roman men would wear them to social events and gathering. Later that dropped off because other things were of fashion and there were differences between the men and the women of the time. So your "facts" on history is wrong. Do research it helps.

Also, from my survey of friends irl that play this game and people in the game they like the game how it is. More people that I have asked will say pink is a girl's color. I have gone out into the game and asked random people as well. They said that pink is more of a girls colors and there was not really reason to change the game. They like it the way it is. I do not agree myself but I will say that is what I have found. Color is not based on gender. But I still see no reason K.I needs to do this to the game and waste there money to help a minority when they have important issues to attend to in the game.

Blake NightWraith

Hmmm, I see. That program i watched on the history channel must be wrong then. Also, When you ask people in the game you don't know their age. So most of the time little kids will say pink is a girl's color. But, as you get older you realize that it's just as much as a man's color as it is a woman's color. I don't want to go back and forth with you, but I'm just telling you what I've noticed...

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
fx41001 wrote:
fx41001 wrote:
Shiningfantasia wrote:

I do not agree. . .

*side note*

Happy Holidays,

Blake NightWraith

Blake NightWraith

Hmmm, I see. That program i watched on the history channel must be wrong then. Also, When you ask people in the game you don't know their age. So most of the time little kids will say pink is a girl's color. But, as you get older you realize that it's just as much as a man's color as it is a woman's color. I don't want to go back and forth with you, but I'm just telling you what I've noticed...

I watch the history channel quite frequent thank you, and I have never once seen anything about heels. *well Achilles heel* I watch it on allot of different subjects too. So you must be misinformed or did not hear it correctly I am assuming.

First off, let me remind you that this game is a little kids game. But more of the people who I ask are not little kids. Most of the people I ask are people with 18+ chat. (you can say that just because they have 18+ chat doesn't mean that they are 18 or older, that is true. I am saying most people with 18 plus chat are over 18 ). So that would go against what you are saying. Now my friends list, I know their ages as and can say most are over 18. They say the same thing. When I take a poll, I try to be the least bias and make the poll as accurate as it can be. In order to do that you must ask all ages in the game. I have found when I have done it, it was was not in fact neutral. People think pink is more of a girls color all around. They like the game as it is. I am not sexist or stereotypical, that is what I have found. I do not believe that color is gender specific however. This is just my results. It should not matter which way it goes. I do believe that KI could make a universal colors for all.

But you have yet to answer my question... Why does KI need to take their time and money when they have more important issues to attend to in the game and Why complain about little basic things that are not necessities? This is not an important factor in the game, it doesn't determine outcomes of battles or the game itself. It gives diversity and give appeal to the game. What would happen if KI took out color and never put it in, in the first place? As I see it, people should be thankful for what they have done and not complain about what they have not done. I mean it is a great game for a reason. - - - Because KI made it that way!

Blake NightWraith

Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
Squire
Apr 18, 2010
fx41001 wrote:
fx41001 wrote:
fx41001 wrote:
Shiningfantasia wrote:

I do not agree. . .

*side note*

Happy Holidays,

Blake NightWraith

Blake NightWraith

I watch the history channel quite frequent thank you, and I have never once seen anything about heels. *well Achilles heel* I watch it on allot of different subjects too. So you must be misinformed or did not hear it correctly I am assuming.

First off, let me remind you that this game is a little kids game. But more of the people who I ask are not little kids. Most of the people I ask are people with 18+ chat. (you can say that just because they have 18+ chat doesn't mean that they are 18 or older, that is true. I am saying most people with 18 plus chat are over 18 ). So that would go against what you are saying. Now my friends list, I know their ages as and can say most are over 18. They say the same thing. When I take a poll, I try to be the least bias and make the poll as accurate as it can be. In order to do that you must ask all ages in the game. I have found when I have done it, it was was not in fact neutral. People think pink is more of a girls color all around. They like the game as it is. I am not sexist or stereotypical, that is what I have found. I do not believe that color is gender specific however. This is just my results. It should not matter which way it goes. I do believe that KI could make a universal colors for all.

But you have yet to answer my question... Why does KI need to take their time and money when they have more important issues to attend to in the game and Why complain about little basic things that are not necessities? This is not an important factor in the game, it doesn't determine outcomes of battles or the game itself. It gives diversity and give appeal to the game. What would happen if KI took out color and never put it in, in the first place? As I see it, people should be thankful for what they have done and not complain about what they have not done. I mean it is a great game for a reason. - - - Because KI made it that way!

Blake NightWraith

OK. First I would like to say I probably misheard it. Now I will answer your question. Editing the color choices you be like editing the chat filter. If its not hard to sensor a few words, which is not a necessity, then it wouldn't be hard to make the color choices be the same for both genders.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
"Guys like pink to" what? Sorry, couldn't resist. Anyway, I feel that this is just the tip of the gender iceberg and I plan on sailing my ship as far away from it as possible. I'll just say this: like I said on tabby714's thread, KI won't add pink as a color choice at this point in time because it would take time that they don't have.

I agree entirely....
You better NOT leave me behind!! Take me with you on that ship, I'm outta of this nutshell!!! *mutters* guys who like pink....wow............

:P

Brianna Wildrider Transcended Pyromancer

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
rushb1494040 wrote:
I agree entirely....
You better NOT leave me behind!! Take me with you on that ship, I'm outta of this nutshell!!! *mutters* guys who like pink....wow............

Uh...just to clarify, I find nothing wrong with guys who like pink. It's a color just like any other color in the rainbow. The only reason I don't see this happening is because KI has explicitly said it will not happen. That in no way means I'm against it.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
rushb1494040 wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
"Guys like pink to" what? Sorry, couldn't resist. Anyway, I feel that this is just the tip of the gender iceberg and I plan on sailing my ship as far away from it as possible. I'll just say this: like I said on tabby714's thread, KI won't add pink as a color choice at this point in time because it would take time that they don't have.

I agree entirely....

Something wrong with that?

** wears nothing but pink.
** paints house with pink paint.
** drives a pink car.
** gives you a hug.

How much more pink could you possibly get? I am sure I could find more ideas.

Defender
Dec 25, 2008
i would like pink, but Ki didn't intend to keep boys from wearing pink, they obviously thought that pink would not be used by boys as often as it really would be. GO PINk! great idea btw. And all the girls saying they will laugh at boys for wearing pink is very saddening.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
rushb1494040 wrote:
I agree entirely....

Uh...just to clarify, I find nothing wrong with guys who like pink. It's a color just like any other color in the rainbow. The only reason I don't see this happening is because KI has explicitly said it will not happen. That in no way means I'm against it.

I do. It's ..... just weird. And I would like to get away from guys who like pink, and since your ship (just joking :P) is getting away I'm going to be on it.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
Come on guys Ki has bigger issues then this, though i respect that guys like pink i am not waiting for a silly update like that to happen i want something more exciting like a new spell. Wouldn't you think the same?

Defender
Dec 25, 2008
Ok everyone stop. It's a color ok, no colors are set for a boy or girl. Pink is just a more popular color of girls, but that doesn't mean boys do not like it either. Who says boys can't like pink. It's just a color and what they like, so don't judge them. I do also agree that it would be particularly hard for KI to make this happen due to the fact they would have to make every piece of gear available, in pink, which would take a long time. I love the idea of pink as a boy color too, but KI has more important updates to attend to.
Sean Fireblood lvl 70 Fire

Survivor
Apr 25, 2011
Shiningfantasia wrote:
rushb1494040 wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

I agree entirely....

Something wrong with that?

** wears nothing but pink.
** paints house with pink paint.
** drives a pink car.
** gives you a hug.

How much more pink could you possibly get? I am sure I could find more ideas.

LOL, my BFF meant GUYS. Not girls. :3
Sorry if she offended ya! :P

Tiffany Wildrider Adept Pyromancer 8)
"Don't mess with the best, you'll die like the rest."
The Wildrider sisters ;D